The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hello! I'm new to WBC and I've been reading through as many of these pages as I can. We're planning on going to WDW the first 2 weeks of Dec. 2019. When can I start trying to get pricing at WBC? It seems most places can't book until you're within so many months of the vacation. I've seen Vacation Strategy & Vacation Upgrade as 2 that are recommending booking through. Are there any other ways to book at WBC? Are the rates cheaper if you book directly through WBC?
Booking directly will cost you more.

Some folks like tripbound.com but I use Vacation Strategy consistently because they have given me great customer service.

Hello! I'm new to WBC and I've been reading through as many of these pages as I can. We're planning on going to WDW the first 2 weeks of Dec. 2019. When can I start trying to get pricing at WBC? It seems most places can't book until you're within so many months of the vacation. I've seen Vacation Strategy & Vacation Upgrade as 2 that are recommending booking through. Are there any other ways to book at WBC? Are the rates cheaper if you book directly through WBC?

There are many places to book WBC. There is no best place. You have to shop around. Generally, there is a big premium that comes with booking early.

In addition to the places you mentioned, there is also Ebay, Redweek, Tugbbs, Skyauction and even Craigslist.

The easiest place to start is on Ebay, because you can see the completed prices and get a feel for the market.

Because there are so many different places to book and prices that can be all over the map, the main thing I would focus on is being comfortable with who you are booking with and paying a price you are comfortable with.

Talk pools to me particularly for little ones. So I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We just had a trip at Yacht club and we love the set up for us the pool area didn't go as well as we hoped for our 1 year old. Now when we go in Oct she will be 2 but she loves the water but seems to be picky. Since we are trying to save a little money by staying at WBC for the fall trip compared to staying at a disney resort and staying longer compared to our past quick trips I just want to know she will have a better time.

@margot31 what did you love about the pol are at Yatch Club? WBC has 4 pools, each themed differently. Our family prefers the pool area with the lazy river as it had a zero entry. Our youngest are non/beginning swimmers, so a decent sized zero entry area is important to us. I can't recall if the pirate pool or the one with the splash pad has zero entry. I don't think the main pool does.

@margot31 what did you love about the pol are at Yatch Club? WBC has 4 pools, each themed differently. Our family prefers the pool area with the lazy river as it had a zero entry. Our youngest are non/beginning swimmers, so a decent sized zero entry area is important to us. I can't recall if the pirate pool or the one with the splash pad has zero entry. I don't think the main pool does.

Almost everything...things I didn't like was the slide area for my 3 year old was in more of a pool and away from the main pool. We loved the sand thing and all but my daughter who will be 2 in Oct didn't care for it at all. She loved the slide but for her to do it was just one of us had to be at the bottom every time to catch her before she went too far over her head in the water. We loved the splash pad of say CBR.

You actually have access to 5 pools, because you’re allowed to use the Wyndham Grand Hotel pool.

Those, plus 2 lazy rivers (as mentioned, the Tower 5 lazy river has a small zero entry swimming area).

The main pool has a zero entry side as well.

Almost everything...things I didn't like was the slide area for my 3 year old was in more of a pool and away from the main pool. We loved the sand thing and all but my daughter who will be 2 in Oct didn't care for it at all. She loved the slide but for her to do it was just one of us had to be at the bottom every time to catch her before she went too far over her head in the water. We loved the splash pad of say CBR.

There is a nice splash area by the main building. It's separated from the pools and has a gate so the little one's can't escape. There is also a lazy river, a pool and hot tubs near the main building. The pool is one with the zero entry as RangerPooh mentioned.

There are pools and hot tubs by Building 4. The pool is rectangular and I think is between 3 and 5 feet deep.

By Building 5 there is a zero entry pool that connects to a lazy river.

By Building 6 there is the pirate pool. I know there is a slide there, but believe there is a height restriction on it. I haven't been to this one, so don't know much about it.

By Building 2/3, there is another pool with a slide, and a hot tub. The persons on duty don't allow people to wait at the bottom and catch their kids. Kids will need to swim to the side on their own. So you may not have much luck using the slides.

No sand at WBC. Happy to provide any other information that could be helpful.

Ok, does the hotel side of the resort have a laundry room for use? As long as there are just four in our party the hotel side is probably the way we might go, but I thought, what about laundry?

Ok, does the hotel side of the resort have a laundry room for use? As long as there are just four in our party the hotel side is probably the way we might go, but I thought, what about laundry?

No, just the laundry service like you see with bags in other standard hotels. It's also never been more cost efficient for us to stay in the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek once you factor in the parking and resort charges, as we always have a car if we're staying off property.

No, just the laundry service like you see with bags in other standard hotels. It's also never been more cost efficient for us to stay in the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek once you factor in the parking and resort charges, as we always have a car if we're staying off property.
That might be a game changer there, thanks for the laundry tip.

Does anyone have a favorite building to be in here? One pro to possibly booking at the hotel would be that we would be close to building 5 and 6, correct? And I think I would like to be in that proximity. So the hotel is right close? Also, wanted to ask, if I were to request a room on a low floor, do they tend to try and fill request? One thing I am not a fan of is being much past the 4th or 5th floor of any resort. I did make it to the 6th floor at the AKL though.:rolleyes:

Does anyone have a favorite building to be in here? One pro to possibly booking at the hotel would be that we would be close to building 5 and 6, correct? And I think I would like to be in that proximity. So the hotel is right close? Also, wanted to ask, if I were to request a room on a low floor, do they tend to try and fill request? One thing I am not a fan of is being much past the 4th or 5th floor of any resort. I did make it to the 6th floor at the AKL though.:rolleyes:

I like building 4, but we were also in 2 last October and enjoyed that building (and had a refurbed room). We just like the quieter vibe. The hotel is between building 3 and 6. 6 is also home to the smaller presidential units so it has a check in desk and other services in its first floor, where the other towers just have vending and a small seating area, luggage carts etc. we did not care for the hustle and bustle of building 6, but others love it.

The buildings are really not far from each other at all, it's an easy walk to enjoy all of the amenities (unless your party has mobility issues). We actually like the first floor units too - I prefer not having to wait on an elevator to go to and fro. You can't submit room requests ahead of arrival but they are usually very accommodating at check in and will try to find a room that meets your requests.

Booking directly will cost you more.

Some folks like tripbound.com but I use Vacation Strategy consistently because they have given me great customer service.

I have used Vacation Strategy in the past and wanted a 1 BR for an upcoming trip in Oct. Unfortunately, they only have 2 BR avail for my dates. I did book it and was put on the wait list for a 1 BR. I looked at tripbound.com and the 2BR is $100 less than the 2 BR from VS. Should I cancel VS and book the 2 BR through tripbound? Or, wait to see how the waitlist progresses?

I have used Vacation Strategy in the past and wanted a 1 BR for an upcoming trip in Oct. Unfortunately, they only have 2 BR avail for my dates. I did book it and was put on the wait list for a 1 BR. I looked at tripbound.com and the 2BR is $100 less than the 2 BR from VS. Should I cancel VS and book the 2 BR through tripbound? Or, wait to see how the waitlist progresses?

Is there a refund policy with tripbound? $100 isn’t much incentive to cancel IMO with VS.

Is there a refund policy with tripbound? $100 isn’t much incentive to cancel IMO with VS.

Yes, this is what is stated online: Tripbound is pleased to offer free cancellation of an existing reservation up to 30 days for a full refund.

I am still crossing my fingers that a 1 BR opens up.

I like building 4, but we were also in 2 last October and enjoyed that building (and had a refurbed room). We just like the quieter vibe. The hotel is between building 3 and 6. 6 is also home to the smaller presidential units so it has a check in desk and other services in its first floor, where the other towers just have vending and a small seating area, luggage carts etc. we did not care for the hustle and bustle of building 6, but others love it.

The buildings are really not far from each other at all, it's an easy walk to enjoy all of the amenities (unless your party has mobility issues). We actually like the first floor units too - I prefer not having to wait on an elevator to go to and fro. You can't submit room requests ahead of arrival but they are usually very accommodating at check in and will try to find a room that meets your requests.
I also agree that other bldgs have a quieter vibe. I felt the hotel atmosphere feeling everytime I had to walk through the lobby to go up to the room.

Just wondering, are you able to check in at bldg 6? We usually arrive late and there is never a line but it is good to know.

Yes, this is what is stated online: Tripbound is pleased to offer free cancellation of an existing reservation up to 30 days for a full refund.

I am still crossing my fingers that a 1 BR opens up.

30 days full refund is actually pretty good. I think that is better than what VS offers now.

I also agree that other bldgs have a quieter vibe. I felt the hotel atmosphere feeling everytime I had to walk through the lobby to go up to the room.

Just wondering, are you able to check in at bldg 6? We usually arrive late and there is never a line but it is good to know.

We like tower 5 on the ground floor. I’ve had success calling them two weeks before check in when the room reservation is moved to my name and requesting a specific tower and floor. I’ve done this several times and it’s worked every time.

I don’t believe you can check in at building 6. You have to go to the front lobby.

A couple questions...

We have stayed at WBC once before but it was a few years back and my boys were much younger. Anyone have preteens/teens that love Bonnet Creek? Anything they specifically enjoy? Is there a basketball court? Certain area of the resort to request for 3 boys, ages 11,13 and 14?

Also any experience booking through Wyndham Rewards? We are Diamond members and wondering if anyone has received an upgrade? I'm assuming what we've booked is a standard 2 Bedroom.

A couple questions...

We have stayed at WBC once before but it was a few years back and my boys were much younger. Anyone have preteens/teens that love Bonnet Creek? Anything they specifically enjoy? Is there a basketball court? Certain area of the resort to request for 3 boys, ages 11,13 and 14?

Also any experience booking through Wyndham Rewards? We are Diamond members and wondering if anyone has received an upgrade? I'm assuming what we've booked is a standard 2 Bedroom.

There is a volleyball pit but no basketball court. It's a great resort, so I don't know why they wouldn't be happy.

Do they have any problems at this resort with locals, other non-resort guest pool hopping and such?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter