The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I started a thread and didn’t see one. This might be a better place to ask.

I found Bonnet Creek on Airbnb for a good price. Haven’t booked but was wondering people’s opinions. Specifically, did you miss being in the Disney bubble?
For us, no. If you ever rent a car and drive yourself around WDW, it feels pretty much the same IMHO. That's how we tried WBC in the first place. We were staying at Old Key West and kept driving past the Bonnet Creek entrance and started wondering about it. I had remembered seeing the "We Loooooooove Bonnet Creek" thread title here on the DIS, so once we got home I dug in and started reading about it. We pretty much haven't looked back (except when we drive down in our RV and stay at Fort Wilderness). The only time I've kind of wished for Disney bubble stuff is when DS was in the late tween/early teen years where he and his friend would split off from us and go to a different park. We'd have to arrange to go pick them up, not a big deal, but if we had been on property they could have just bussed "home". Otherwise, it is sandwiched between Disney property, so it still feels very much like being on property to me.

For us, no. If you ever rent a car and drive yourself around WDW, it feels pretty much the same IMHO. That's how we tried WBC in the first place. We were staying at Old Key West and kept driving past the Bonnet Creek entrance and started wondering about it. I had remembered seeing the "We Loooooooove Bonnet Creek" thread title here on the DIS, so once we got home I dug in and started reading about it. We pretty much haven't looked back (except when we drive down in our RV and stay at Fort Wilderness). The only time I've kind of wished for Disney bubble stuff is when DS was in the late tween/early teen years where he and his friend would split off from us and go to a different park. We'd have to arrange to go pick them up, not a big deal, but if we had been on property they could have just bussed "home". Otherwise, it is sandwiched between Disney property, so it still feels very much like being on property to me.

In the past we used Disney transportation so I’ll probably miss that part of it but I don’t know if that alone is worth paying all that extra money. We can save so much at WBC. It’s less or equal to a Value resort and it looks like you get Deluxe level experiences.

This is super helpful and I had not considered checking in early to get a good room request. Do you request a certain tower or just a pool/lake view? I have 3 boys ages 7, 10 and 12 and this will be our first time visiting. Only 1 park day so lots of resort time :)
There is no kid free pool or building; we have stayed in tower 4 many times with all the kiddos in tow and 4 is one of the larger buildings so its busy all the time. No one discourages you from being anywhere at WBC with kids, it’s a family atmosphere but I can’t imagine couples feeling uncomfortable or overwhelmed. There’s too many places to choose to hang out to get bored. Towers 6 and 2/3 have slides but 6 is bigger. The daily poolside music and activities rotate and aren’t focused to one location. After many years we realized we prefer #1 or 2. It just seems quieter and not as busy as they’re smaller. Honestly we don’t have a view preference as any tower has a great view and Disney isn’t doing fireworks now anyway. Your first trip, go to a different pool each day, don’t like it, move to the next or love one, go back! If there’s activities at one location you prefer-easy choice! But you can always pop in for those whenever you want. Activities are probably scaled back right now. But there’s still ton to do. We also have a brood of boys so we always bring baseballs/gloves, football, spikeball, and they play in the courtyard between tower 1 and the main building. Almost always, other kids come join in and often WBC staff has stopped by for a few tosses too! 😀

Just got done reading through posts from January 2018 to current, whew. I think it's a no brainer to try out the WBC with our party size (6 adults, 1 kid). I asked Vacation Strategy for a quote on a 2 bedroom deluxe and 3 bedroom deluxe for dates at the end of September. 2 bedroom came back as $775 for 5 nights and 3 bedroom came back as $1,144 for 5 nights. Definitely cheaper than the $2,100 it would cost for the two rooms at AS Movies. I think I am going to go ahead and put the deposit down on the 2 bedroom, but may see what it would cost to do two one bedroom rooms.

Last edited:
Just got done reading through posts from January 2018 to current, whew. I think it's a no brainer to try out the WBC with our party size (6 adults, 1 kid). I asked Vacation Strategy for a quote on a 2 bedroom deluxe and 3 bedroom deluxe for dates at the end of September. 2 bedroom came back as $775 for 5 nights and 3 bedroom came back as $1,144 for 5 nights. Definitely cheaper than the $2,100 it would cost for the two rooms at AS Movies. I think I am going to go ahead and put the deposit down on the 2 bedroom, but may see what it would cost to do two one bedroom rooms.
It might not hurt to give Redweek a look. If you find something you will have to pay a membership fee to join so you can rent from the owners. However, the savings alone far offsets the membership fee. Browsing is free, so it's definitely worth a look.

There is no kid free pool or building; we have stayed in tower 4 many times with all the kiddos in tow and 4 is one of the larger buildings so its busy all the time. No one discourages you from being anywhere at WBC with kids, it’s a family atmosphere but I can’t imagine couples feeling uncomfortable or overwhelmed. There’s too many places to choose to hang out to get bored. Towers 6 and 2/3 have slides but 6 is bigger. The daily poolside music and activities rotate and aren’t focused to one location. After many years we realized we prefer #1 or 2. It just seems quieter and not as busy as they’re smaller. Honestly we don’t have a view preference as any tower has a great view and Disney isn’t doing fireworks now anyway. Your first trip, go to a different pool each day, don’t like it, move to the next or love one, go back! If there’s activities at one location you prefer-easy choice! But you can always pop in for those whenever you want. Activities are probably scaled back right now. But there’s still ton to do. We also have a brood of boys so we always bring baseballs/gloves, football, spikeball, and they play in the courtyard between tower 1 and the main building. Almost always, other kids come join in and often WBC staff has stopped by for a few tosses too! 😀
May not be labeled as a "Kid Free" pool....HOWEVER, pool #4 is referred to as "quiet pool". NOTICE....no slides....no entertainment. Nothing to ENTICE kids like at all the other pools on property. WBC and many other resorts in the area are referring to at least one of their pools as a "quiet pool." Considering there are guests who are looking for more quiet and relaxation then it's a fair compromise. Especially at WBC when all the other pools are obviously themed with kids in mind. Call WBC and ask if they have a "quiet pool". I bet they tell you Pool 4 is considered theirs. Despite it the resort being family friendly, not everyone travels with children. It may have been a good idea to only have studio and 1 bedroom units in Tower 4.

It might not hurt to give Redweek a look. If you find something you will have to pay a membership fee to join so you can rent from the owners. However, the savings alone far offsets the membership fee. Browsing is free, so it's definitely worth a look.

They don't have any options listed for our dates. But for the dates near it, it looks like the price is comparable to the quote Vacation Strategy gave us.

They don't have any options listed for our dates. But for the dates near it, it looks like the price is comparable to the quote Vacation Strategy gave us.
Well it was worth a try. It also looks like you are only looking for a 5 night stay and that may make a difference also. Good luck.

Do the rooms have hairdryers? If so, are they the kind attached to the wall or no? Curly haired girl here! These things matter Lol! I have a portable diffuser, but it only fits on hairdryers that have round ends if that makes sense.

May not be labeled as a "Kid Free" pool....HOWEVER, pool #4 is referred to as "quiet pool". NOTICE....no slides....no entertainment. Nothing to ENTICE kids like at all the other pools on property. WBC and many other resorts in the area are referring to at least one of their pools as a "quiet pool." Considering there are guests who are looking for more quiet and relaxation then it's a fair compromise. Especially at WBC when all the other pools are obviously themed with kids in mind. Call WBC and ask if they have a "quiet pool". I bet they tell you Pool 4 is considered theirs. Despite it the resort being family friendly, not everyone travels with children. It may have been a good idea to only have studio and 1 bedroom units in Tower 4.
No. They will say there are no kid free or adult only locations and no quiet pool, but one is encouraged to check out all locations to find what best suits their style! (Yep-have a niece who works there now. 😉) . Tower 4 is huge with the majority of units being 2 BR. But I do agree, it would be nice to have a 1 BR building to somewhat skew towards adults. However I know many of families who crammed into a 1 BR with 2 kiddos when no 2 BR were available. 😣

Do the rooms have hairdryers? If so, are they the kind attached to the wall or no? Curly haired girl here! These things matter Lol! I have a portable diffuser, but it only fits on hairdryers that have round ends if that makes sense.
Fellow curl girl here—dryers definitely work with diffusers but they aren’t very powerful/hot I find- I need serious heat to tame these locks. 😂

When booking with Vacation Strategy, do you have to add the rental insurance that they provide a figure for? Looks like it is almost the same cost as one of the nights.

Looks like the 3 bedroom is not available during our dates. Only the two bedroom.
I might be late to this question, but look at some of the places the rent points, like vacation strategies or Wholesale Holiday Rental (among others), they generally have better rates and availability than going directly through Wyndham.

Just got here. I hate getting here for a late check in, always slow in the evening (took about 40 minutes) and the room selection is poor. I got 4th floor in Tower 3, first time for me to be on this side of the complex. Parking is much easier than Tower 4/5 though. Despite the slow check in, man I love this place.

So this is my fifth time here, and I am still batting 0% on the light switch in the second bedroom actually working. I know other people claim it works for them, but it never has for me. I've decided they probably bypass it so the plug in the lamp works.

Also, does anyone know of a good pizza place that delivers here that isn't one of the big chains?

Is the presentation worth it? We are not owners and we’re offered a one week free voucher. Is it too good to be true?
The free week is an "RCI" week, these are pretty hard to use and aren't worth a whole lot. Maybe $250, IIRC. IMHO, my vacation time and happiness is worth a lot. But if you love buy used cars and have extremely flexible vacation time and preferences, it might be worth it.

Personally, I prefer Tower 5 or 6. Tower 5 has one of the lazy rivers. Tower 6 has the pirate ship pool slide. I prefer those buildings with a pool view. I advise to avoid Tower 4 because they consider the pool in Tower 4 to be the "quiet pool". They try to keep it "kid-free" so those traveling without children can have a more "quiet/relaxed" pool area. Next to pool 4 is the "Main" building which also has a pool and lazy river combo. There is entirely too much traffic in that building and on the elevators, that I would not want to stay there. Then across the lake are Towers 2 and 3. I believe one has an "activity pool" where poolside fun, games and activities take place almost daily. With your boys being younger, you may prefer Tower 2 and 3 since you will spend lots of time at resort. There is also a slide at that pool too. I would look at a resort map and an activity schedule from a previous summer to get an idea. Just avoid Tower 4 with kids. This is one of my balcony views from Tower 5.
View attachment 553332
I will disagree with you on the Lobby building. We got that building once and loved it. Don't get as good of views, since it's only 4 stories. But easy access to the main pool/lazy river and the game room. Parking is also super easy and close, especially after the tours are done. I had no issues with the elevators or noise otherwise. I actually ask for it all the time, but they never have availability in it.

When booking with Vacation Strategy, do you have to add the rental insurance that they provide a figure for? Looks like it is almost the same cost as one of the nights.
It's been a while since I've booked with VS, but IIRC the additional insurance just allows you to cancel later and it is optional. Check with Wholesale Holiday Rentals too, they are usually cheaper than VS but are completely non-refundable.

Does anyone know if you can request two condos to be beside one another or in the same tower?

I'm sure you can, but I would not count on getting it. They officially will not take any requests until you check in and then it is just a matter of what is available. If you can show up before noon you might get lucky. If you show up at 9pm, probably zero chance.

Edit: Sorry everyone for spamming the thread, just catching up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter