• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Thanks, inspectorgadget, for that idea! That's helpful to know the Publix delivery is pretty fast. I'll definitely keep that in mind!

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but we are also interested in the current state of the gym, especially the free weights section. Has anyone visited the gym lately and can share some photos and/or the weights available?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but we are also interested in the current state of the gym, especially the free weights section. Has anyone visited the gym lately and can share some photos and/or the weights available?
I can't speak to the main gym over by the main clubhouse, but tower 6 gym only has machines and a set of dumbbells.

The gym at the Wyndham Grand is much better and has more variety of equipment.
Weights at both are the standard hotel offerings. Nothing special.

Edit to add - there are a ton of pics of both workout centers on Travelocity which also show the weights.

Last edited:

We have an RCI exchange into WBC for a Sunday to Sunday stay. Our DD and DSiL are going to use it but won’t arrive until Wednesday that week (still check out Sunday). As long as they notify WBC in advance of the late arrival, they should be okay, right?

Yes, they should be, but missing three nights they should *definitely* call in advance, and maybe even again on Monday.

Yes, they should be, but missing three nights they should *definitely* call in advance, and maybe even again on Monday.
Oh yes, I was going to tell DD to call the week before, so I’ll tell her to call in advance and on Saturday and Monday too! Thanks!

Question, I’ve stayed at Bonnet Creek once, but it’s been 8 or 9 years ago and at that time it was just our family of 5. Next year, we are looking at possibly doing a trip that includes my stepdaughter and her kids. 4 adults and 5 kids ages 6-15. Does Bonnet Creek have any 3 bedroom units that will be big enough for our group?

Question, I’ve stayed at Bonnet Creek once, but it’s been 8 or 9 years ago and at that time it was just our family of 5. Next year, we are looking at possibly doing a trip that includes my stepdaughter and her kids. 4 adults and 5 kids ages 6-15. Does Bonnet Creek have any 3 bedroom units that will be big enough for our group?
As long as kids don't mind sharing double beds and perhaps another on a pullout, it should be fine. I beleive the 3BR Deluxe sleeps 10.

Ok good! The 15 year old is the only one who refuses to share a bed with anyone, but he’ll be fine on the couch, even if it doesn’t pull out.
Next question, when is the best time try to rent points? Our trip is 11 months away

Because you need a 3BR, the sooner the better; there aren't as many of those. Only those who own at Bonnet Creek (either directly or through the CWA trust) can book between 13 and 10 months prior to check in. Any Wyndham owner can book within 10 months prior to check in. So, start looking in another month or so.

I have stayed at Bonnet Creek many times and I have found this to be not necessarily true. I have checked in both early and late and have got mixed results. I have arrived late and got a much better view than when I checked in early. Sometimes my view or request is honored, sometimes it's not. Sometimes the person who checks you in is short with you and tells you that requests cannot be made at all. Sometimes the checkin person is really nice and very accomodating. Honestly, I think it depends on who you get.
That is probably true. But early has always worked for me. I also tell them I am willing to wait for access if needed. Any time I get there late I get a second floor parking lot view.

If someone told me that they don't take requests at all, I'd ask for someone else to help me.

Just got back from our trip. We loved Bonnet Creek. This is going to be the first place we check for now on for availability and pricing. The 2 bedroom suite with the 7 people in our group worked out well. We were on the third floor in Tower 1. Even though we heard other people in their rooms, it felt like we were the only people on the floor. We never actually saw anyone else on our floor the entire time. While we were at the parks all day most of the time. One day we did come back in the afternoon and hang out in the lazy river with some adult beverages for a bit. I walked over to the bar that serves pizza. Grabbed a few pizzas to bring back to the lazy river for the group. The bartender there was a super nice guy. We never used any of their provided transportation to the parks. We always just drove our rental van going to the parks.

Already had Vacation Strategy quote me a price for marathon weekend. Looks like prices are jacked up for that week. So looks like we will be staying somewhere else, but definitely will always check with them first.

I just posted these photos from the Club Wyndham website to another thread. Looking at them got me excited about going back there in the next year. So I decided to re-post them here since I'm sure many who follow this thread will enjoy looking at them as well. :goodvibes

Attachments

• 1633011026988.png
    1633011026988.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter