The 'we neeed to stay at DLH' PTR

a woman after my own heart!!! thought it was only me that had lists of lists!!!!! i usually have 3, as well as walkin round with piece of paper to note things down - not obsessive at all :rotfl:

thanks for the reminder on hats/sunglasses.... must have a hunt....

Well I found all the sunhats - think the older girls will need new sunglasses though. Thought I would look for the raincoats at the same time and can only find mine and DD3's and on hers the sleeves only come down to her elbows:sad2:. Am hoping the others might be in DH's boot otherwise I have no idea where they are.

:lmao::rotfl2:

I am just the same - lists everywhere! :rolleyes:

But, actually, there clearly is something wrong with me this coming trip as I haven't started a list yet (well, only an eating plan list lol!).

I managed to get the girls Minnie sunhats & matching sunglasses at Primark a good month or so ago - really lovely too. I've stored the hats with the growing new bits I've bought for them for the trip (which I plan to pack in Disney backpacks and give them the day we go as a surprise). However, I did give them the sunglasses as part of their Easter presents (little did they know what they will (hopefully!) need them for - sun in DLRP!). If your ethics will let you shop at Primark they seemed to have quite a few Disney bits.... :rolleyes1

We don't really have a primark near to us and they don't sell online sadly. I did however find the sunglasses and DHs raincoat. I had a sudden thought that they were probably still stashed in the buggy from last summer and that is where I found them.:goodvibes

If your ethics will let you shop at Primark they seemed to have quite a few Disney bits.... :rolleyes1

I've always been one of those who had ethical issues with Primark (I am such an RE teacher! :lmao: ) however, having done some research on them for a lesson, they seem to have improved immensely since that *fake* Panorama episode!

Jo - sounds like your hunting trips are being productive :lmao:. My sunglasses (and DD2's sunhat) got a recent outing before the Easter holidays and not since sadly :sad2:. We've needed wellies more so this week (let's hope we don't need those for DLRP though - I'm not packing any :rotfl2:).

Rosebug - yes, 'that' Panorama programme :scared1: Say no more....

Well as promised here are the pictures of the girls t shirts we have for the trip.

DD1
020.jpg

DD2
021.jpg

DD3
017.jpg

We are waiting for DD2's last t shirt to arrive in the post so I will add that photo when it arrives:goodvibes

They look gorgeous Jo - love them all. My DDs will be kitted out in their t-shirts and Princess costumes too. I am bound to see you somewhere :goodvibes.

They look gorgeous Jo - love them all. My DDs will be kitted out in their t-shirts and Princess costumes too. I am bound to see you somewhere :goodvibes.

If we didn't all see each other it would be a miracle. :rotfl2: Not sure what to do about princess dresses, DD1 doesn't want to dress up anymore. :sad1: We have never really walked around the parks dressed up all the time but DD3 does love her princess dresses!

Most of you probably already know that I made a mistake booking our first night offsite and booked for Monday instead of Tuesday. They wouldn't let us change the booking so we are now leaving on Monday 4th June and staying an extra night. We are staying the first night in the adagio, but as they gave us shocking customer service I refused to book a second night with them and we are staying the second night at the residhome before moving to DLH:goodvibes

I have managed to change our Eurotunnel crossing to the Monday afternoon without too much extra cost so we will arrive late Monday and will now leave a bit later on Saturday too. :goodvibes

Well the to do list has helped to focus my mind so I thought it was about time to update what I had done. Things I have done are highlighted in red. :)

Well I have done a first draft of the to do list I'm sure I have probably missed something but here goes :rotfl:

• Book hotel for first night. (Done twice :rotfl:)
  • Print booking confirmation for both hotels, Eurotunnel booking confirmation and travel insurance policy.
  • Add European driving to my car insurance, print certificate, find breakdown policy.
  • Buy headlamp adaptors, GB stickers and spare bulbs for new car.
  • Decide how to surprise girls with DLH.
  • Make and buy autograph books.
  • Decide on/buy bags for us to carry in the park.
  • Stock up on drinks and snacks to take with us.
  • Get together packs of things for the girls to do on the journey.
  • Check and restock first aid kit (note to self: make sure we take piriton)
  • Sort out the girls disney outfits for the trip/make sure they have all the clothes they need.
  • Write a packing list.(at least three times is compulsory!)Started on this one but not quite there yet!
  • Decide on meals and book them
  • Work out a plan for our days
  • Work out how much money we need and change into Euros
  • Write plans into a notebook to carry in my bag

Sorry this list is a bit boring but hopefully it will act as a reminder to me - please say if you think I have missed anything:goodvibes

Well I have all the booking confirmations and important documents I need to take ready apart from the travel insurance which I still need to update with our new dates. I couldn't believe it cost us an extra £5 to have my car on our breakdown policy instead of my husbands. Apparantly it is because my car is 6 months older than his, it doesn't matter that mine has been much better maintained and has done 50,000 less miles. :scared1:

I spent last week designing the girls autograph books and a great offer came through from Tesco for 40% off so I uploaded and ordered them on Friday :goodvibes

DD2s last t shirt has arrived and I now just need to get a few more pairs of leggings before they have everything they need. My strategy is for each t shirt they have either a skirt to wear with leggings to wear under if the weather is cold or a pair of cropped trousers and a pair of long trousers in case of cold. That way I don't have to pack lots of outfits for different weather. I'm struggling this year to find lime green leggings though :rotfl2:. I've pretty much finished the packing list for the girls but went through my summer wardrobe yesterday to find I only have one decent pair of trousers and a couple of t shirts :scared1: (I haven't bought much for a few years and it just all seems to have worn out at once!!)

uve finished ur packing list???????????

ive not started lol i now need to buy black printer ink so i can print out all my reservations lol

transfers now booked after me not seein the confirmation email lol

very likely on the saturday my 2 will b princes and around the princess pavillion so very easy to spot us haha

currently lookin at the rain thinkin maybe i just need swimwear and flippers for the trip if this rain dont let up!!! hey, might start a ptr one day :rotfl2:

You're doing well with the packing list. Always hard to work out outfits when you don't know exactly what the weather is going to be like.

uve finished ur packing list???????????

ive not started lol i now need to buy black printer ink so i can print out all my reservations lol

transfers now booked after me not seein the confirmation email lol

very likely on the saturday my 2 will b princes and around the princess pavillion so very easy to spot us haha

currently lookin at the rain thinkin maybe i just need swimwear and flippers for the trip if this rain dont let up!!! hey, might start a ptr one day :rotfl2:

You're doing well with the packing list. Always hard to work out outfits when you don't know exactly what the weather is going to be like.

It's only the kids packing list which is done. At the moment I don't even have any clothes to pack :scared1: I've even put all their outfits away in the suitcase so they can't wear them and ruin them in the meantime!!

Oh my goodness, you are sooo organised Jo! :scared1:

I am being totally rubbish this trip - still trying to sort out our meals. Have started a list for the girls for packing but it's so generic - nothing specific at the moment. I can't seem to get into gear until I have my bedroom back into order (demolished and replastered last week so I'm now bedroomless until it dries/painted/carpeted/wardrobes fitted etc - you get the picture - total carnage as my furniture is no more and my belongings are scattered all over!). :headache:

Anyway, I'll start the week before we go :lmao:.... I did buy a fair few t-shirts/leggings for the girls which are at my Mums house as I had them in my now non-existant wardrobes! Left here, they would be covered in demolition dust!

I'm like you though, no new clothes really and I've lost so much weight my old summer trousers are far too big! :rolleyes1

I have lots of printing to sort out to take with us - in fact, I think I need a suitcase for all the paperwork alone! :lmao:

Sounds a bit hectic in your house at the moment :confused3

I haven't got my meals sorted yet. I thought I was there but now DD2 is desperate to do Auberge which we had decided to give a miss to make room for other things. Not sure what we are going to do now :confused3

Yes, it's a bit manic - DD2's birthday next week too, oh then my Cousin's wedding as well as a few other 'events' :rotfl2:....

Yes, I read your DD now would like to do Auberge - bless her! I was the same when DH announced he wanted to eat at the place "where the ride goes past" - took me a while to realise where he meant! :rotfl: Blue Lagoon! And with the 7 pm parade it's just proving too much for me! :lmao::lmao: Every time I try and mention it to DH for help he just looks at me like I'm mad! :laughing:

We've done Inventions/Auberge/Cafe Mickey each trip and I keep thinking we should drop one of them but I keep going back to them on my ahem, scrappy list!

Not long now - good to see the to do list is getting shorter!! :thumbsup2

I recognise some of those Tshirts you have for your girls! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a fab trip - after all, you're staying at DLH!!! :cloud9:

We loved Inventions on our last trip, make sure you go there hungry to get your moneysworth is all I would say! :goodvibes

Yes, it's a bit manic - DD2's birthday next week too, oh then my Cousin's wedding as well as a few other 'events' :rotfl2:....

Yes, I read your DD now would like to do Auberge - bless her! I was the same when DH announced he wanted to eat at the place "where the ride goes past" - took me a while to realise where he meant! :rotfl: Blue Lagoon! And with the 7 pm parade it's just proving too much for me! :lmao::lmao: Every time I try and mention it to DH for help he just looks at me like I'm mad! :laughing:

We've done Inventions/Auberge/Cafe Mickey each trip and I keep thinking we should drop one of them but I keep going back to them on my ahem, scrappy list!

I get the same from my DH :confused3 I keep thinking we should drop one we have done before too but when you are not there all the time it is difficult to drop a favourite to try something you might not even like!

Not long now - good to see the to do list is getting shorter!! :thumbsup2

I recognise some of those Tshirts you have for your girls! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a fab trip - after all, you're staying at DLH!!! :cloud9:

We loved Inventions on our last trip, make sure you go there hungry to get your moneysworth is all I would say! :goodvibes

Was planning a light lunch on the day we are off to inventions. I have my eye on those yummy looking desserts ;)

Well as promised here is the picture of DD2's final t shirt.

017-1.jpg

I have now got the autograph books I made am and very pleased with them so thought I would post some pictures. Here is just a selection of the pages.:goodvibes

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

A very kind member of the creative disigns board made the front covers for me and I made the rest of the pages using the tesco photobook creator. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter