The "What? No PINK LEMONADE Tour" - Competition Results

Brilliant reports Richard, i've really enjoyed spending the last hour or so reading through this whole thread :)

The pics are great also, well done Victoria :thumbsup2

The Epilogue

Another wonderful holiday in WDW. Many thanks to all of you who have taken the time out to read my efforts, and double thanks to all those that replied.

The HIGHS:

Saratoga Springs Resort: a wonderful relaxing resort close enough to all the amenities
MNSSHP: a brilliant evening.
Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour: an amazing insight into Walt and the great Mouse.
Photopass: all those photos for $99 – great value
The new Nemo show/ride: both in EPCOT and Animal Kingdom
Meeting up with Girlsontour: now what odds could you have put on that?
The DDP: excellent value for money (see below)
$2 to the £: spend, spend, spend….and I’ve still got money in my pocket.
Almost everything else in WDW

..and, of course, our hosts: the citizens of the United States of America who, as always, made us feel most welcome.

The DOWNS:

Tatty Virgin aeroplanes
The Virgin cabin crew on the flight home
Me being ill and missing the Whispering Canyon (again!)
A little too much rain
Ohana’s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDP: cost $1,140 (approx £570)

We ate at:
Turf Club: $119.87
Yacht Club: $119.51
Boma’s: $97.07
Mama Melrose: $154.88
Liberty Tree Tavern: $99.08
Whispering Canyon: $81.70
Le Cellier: $164.95
Tony’s: $151.49
Kona Café: $140.16
Ohana’s: $100.81

TOTAL Table Service: $1195.46
Plus our CS meals averaged between $30 and $40 per day, so on the conservative side, that is approximately another $300 (and of course, not forgetting the snacks).

Therefore a total cost in excess of $1495.46 (approx £750).

As already said, another great holiday and looking forward to our next in October 2008. Many thanks again for you all taking the time to read and reply.

A Special Thanks to those that took time to reply:

As a special thanks to all those who have taken the time to reply prior to this "Epilogue", I am putting together a little competition with a little prize for the winner ::MickeyMo . Only one person from the above will not be able to answer - ToraMillypoops - well she is my DD afterall, and I don't think it right that to open a competition to family members (especially as she will probably be helping me with the questions).

Look out for the questions in the next few days.....

Here's who posted :thumbsup2

User Name Posts
Richard Bruvofetc 36
arieljasmine 11
natalielongstaff 11
DisneyJo 8
scottishsue 7
Girlsontour 6
Fiona R 3
carolfoy 2
jen_uk 2
mark&sue 2
Tora Millypoops 2
fizz13 2
Lizzy Lemon 2
florida sun 1
jockey 1
rparmfamily 1
Strommie 1
MorningGlory 1
T16GEM 1
irongirlof12 1
Minniespal 1
Tammy Stringer 1
Beth__WDW23/6/02 1

A Special Thanks to those that took time to reply:

As a special thanks to all those who have taken the time to reply prior to this "Epilogue", I am putting together a little competition with a little prize for the winner . Only one person from the above will not be able to answer - ToraMillypoops - well she is my DD afterall, and I don't think it right that to open a competition to family members (especially as she will probably be helping me with the questions).

Look out for the questions in the next few days.....

Ohhhhhhhhhw!!:sad: :( :sad1:

And who said I would help you with the questions?:confused3

Ahhhh....you put meeting us as one of your highlights:hug: It has been really good reading your reports and just might motivate me to finish mine!!

See you again someday:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your final thoughts with us. You shared many of the same highlights as me - MNSSHP, the DDP and particularly the cheap prices! It seems a shame not to buy things when they are so cheap :rotfl:

Looking forward to the competition :thumbsup2

Laur's princess:

Here's who posted :thumbsup2

User Name Posts
Richard Bruvofetc 36
arieljasmine 11
natalielongstaff 11
DisneyJo 8
scottishsue 7
Girlsontour 6
Fiona R 3
carolfoy 2
jen_uk 2
mark&sue 2
Tora Millypoops 2
fizz13 2
Lizzy Lemon 2
florida sun 1
jockey 1
rparmfamily 1
Strommie 1
MorningGlory 1
T16GEM 1
irongirlof12 1
Minniespal 1
Tammy Stringer 1
Beth__WDW23/6/02 1

Many thanks. That's saved me a job.

Just read your whole report in one sitting - works a bit quiet today for once - sounds like a great holiday. All your photos are lovely and next time I go I might look into the DDP.

The Competition: coming soon.

I now have 20 questions ready to place for the competition. Before I post I need to make sure that everybody DisneyJo kindly listed for me is aware of it.

I'll also have to lay down a few rules as well.

I intend to let it run for 7 days, so I will inform you later of when I am going to post the questions.

Obviously, the person with the most correct answers will be the winner. However, I still haven't decided on what to do in the event of a tie, so I'll have a think about that one.

I'll keep to the answers I've got, so if there is any ambiguity over the answers I will apologise now. Also (I'll try and use an example without giving anything away), if the answer I get is one I feel is correct; eg. if the answer is Disney's "xxx" and I get an answer of just "xxx" I'll count it as correct.

All the questions will be WDW themed.

That's it so far. Will post soon.

Sounds good :)

BTW to see who posted go to the list of TR's then on the right where it says how many people posted ie 114 click on the 114 and it will open another page which tells you exactly who posted and how many times :thumbsup2

I've just read this all in one go ~ what a lovely holiday you had and yours and Victoria's photos are :thumbsup2

Update

Okay, to all those people listed by DisneyJo (barring myself and Tora Millypoops of course);

1) I will be posting the questions between 6.00pm and 7.00pm tonight (Saturday 19th Jan 2008).

2) The competition will run for 7 days finishing on Saturday 26th Jan 2008 at midnight.

3) PM me with the answers.

4) If you want to change your answers I will allow this twice. Please PM the full list of 20 answers if you make a change - I will delete the previous entry. Also no changes will be accepted on Saturday 26th Jan, although original entries will be allowed.

5) The person with the most correct answers will be the winner. In the event of a tie the person who responded quickest out of those tying will be the winner. Remember, if you make changes to you answers I will take the time of your final input ( I hope everone os okay with this point 5).

6) Hopefully there is not too much ambiguity in my questions. My apologies if there is, but I will stick to my answers and explain them after I close the competition.

7) If I think of anything else I'll create a new point 7.

I'll also PM everyone on the list to ensure that they are aware of the competition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter