The wind chill is in the single digits and people dress like it's 50 outside!

luvwinnie

<font color=green>And how are YOU feeling?<br><fon
I don't get people who throw on a light jacket and nothing else when it's 15 degrees. I saw this man standing on the corner waiting to cross with his TEETH CHATTERING, just wearing a spring jacket...no hat, no scarf. He was well-dressed, so I'm sure he could afford a hat and scarf. Meanwhile, I have on tights, pants, socks, boots, turtleneck, wool sweater, LL Bean WARM coat with a hood and wool gloves. I HATE THE COLD.

That's my rant for today.

I don't understand this either. The other day I saw a woman at Target, it was 38 out and a little wind, her 2 kids, about ages 2 and 4 had NO COAT ON! She was complaining to another woman that several people had the GALL to tell her her kids should have coats on! I guess she figured that she could brave the chill with no coat, then her kids could too.

What is up with that? I wear my heaviest coat (which is actually 2 coats that zip together), 2 pairs of gloves and the warmest possible socks I could find (even though they don't match what I am wearing today). When it comes to fashion or warmth, WARMTH is #1 in my book.

I saw a teenager walking down the street last night wearing long shorts and a sweatshirt, it was 13 degrees!!! The first thing I thought was, where in the heck is his Mother?!!

Just wanted to add that I see kids coming to school when it has snowed the night before in shorts! I don't get this at all.

Originally posted by aahmom1
I saw a teenager walking down the street last night wearing long shorts and a sweatshirt, it was 13 degrees!!! The first thing I thought was, where in the heck is his Mother?!!

That could have been MY teenager!!:D :D He's 16 and refuses to wear a coat. He does wear long pants outside. In the house it's shorts. Has been refusing for 2 or 3 years now. I see a lot of teens NOT wearing coats. At this point, he's outgrown his old one, so he really doesn't HAVE a coat. This really bothers me. Today the wind chills are single digit. "C'mon, Jake, let's go buy a coat." "Mom, I really don't need one. But I do need concert tix. Could I have the coat money for the concert?"!!!!!!!

He's a big football player. I guess it's a macho thing. Which doesn't help my GUILT about this!!!

DS is 15. He was going to a meeting last night and insisted that shorts would be warm enough. Sigh. I made him change, but I pick my battles. Today he is in a short sleeved t-shirt and a light jacket. He hates coats.

My teen daughter refuses to wear a coat also! I have stopped trying to get her to wear one. I figure someday she will get cold enough to put one on.

Crazyme5kids, sounds like they'd get along great. Maybe we should introduce them. On second thought, they might hit it off and get married someday. Then our grandchildren would freeze to death! :rolleyes:

In TX I've seen people where shorts year round(mostly kids).I wear sleeves since me and AC units are on weird terms

Yall quit talking about me!!!!! I hate hate hate to be hot!! The other night with snow flurries I had on short sleeves and jeans. I can't stand to wear a coat either. The only time this year that I have put one on is when we went walking around the neighborhood but I also had on shorts:D :D The colder it gets the better for me!

Two of the most memorably fun trips I remember were one in Washington D.C. when it was in the low 20s and then last January in Florida when it was super cold! And nope, no coat!! Just short sleeves and jeans.

I'm just really really really hot natured!

If you like the cold Beth you would do fine here today...it was
-34C with the windchill (think that is about -25F..about)

Wow! I don't know about that cold...lol....but if it would stay about 35 everyday I would be in Heaven!!

You would be much better off in Michigan, Beth. It's only -2F right now. A heat wave compared to Ontario ;) Come on up

Just saw a teenage boy wearing shorts, t-shirt and sneakers. It's currently 10 degrees here with a -3 wind chill and we have a couple of feet of snow on the ground. I was in my car with a heavy winter jacket (parka-like), leather gloves, the heat on and I was STILL cold. I hope that boy didn't have to go far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter