Theory about codes for next year...

CindyZMomof3

Mouseketeer
I just had a thought...since business seems very good at Disney this year (happy for Disney because that means that they'll have money for new attractions, updates, etc....which is good for ALL)... and as a consequence the general codes are SCARCE. However, because of their good deal this year that many are taking advatage of...then perhaps that means that many many are going this year....and most families don't go every year...then maybe next year Disney will be looking to get people back to the parks..and they will bring back the MOST AWESOME general codes for next year.

OK...i'll start saving my pennines today :cool1:

Well I certainly like your way of thinking!! I'm starting to plan a trip for January 2006... still in the "trying to convince DH" stage.. he's sick and not really into the whole vacation planning discussion! LOL

I think I read that the reason that they have 18-month celebrations is because it would take that long for the majority of the people in the US to visit.

So I would think that their estimates are based on a 18 or 24 month cycle of people visiting WDW - which is how often I used to go, before I found these boards!!!!

While your theory sounds good - I think that you'll need to expand the timeframe...

Disney will get their money however they feel necessary and if they ever release codes again (say business slips sometime in 2006) I don't think you'll see codes giving those old 40 to 45% discount especially since they've cut the cost of the tickets (they'll make it back up by charging more for the rooms even if they provide a few codes, plus now they are doing the bus service for free). Whenever Disney provides a new service for free trust me they are making the money back elsewhere. I think codes will be rare if business keeps going the way it is. I used to love going to Disney during the first 2 weeks of December which never used to be busy. The last time I went (Dec 2002) was quite busy and seems to be getting busier every year so therefor less codes - more money for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter