"There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again! UPDATE 1/13

So I don't think i got a chance to comment on either of your updates yesterday so i will just comment on both of them now.

Wow, your surprise plan was very elaborate. Very impressive and you obviously did a great job of covering your tracks.

Sad your one friend couldn't come but it sounds like the rest of you still had an amazing time.

I remember the one time my parents surprised me with a disney trip. They had to do all of the planning while i was out of the house. They told me they had a special surprise for a few of our advent calendar activities since the trip was in december. So basically the entire holiday season i was trying to figure out what they were talking about (i don't mind surprises but i prefer knowing and being behind the surprise. They told me on the day of the trip we were going to the airport to meet my grandmother for breakfest while she was at our local airport for our layover. I kept asking questions about how we would get into the airport and past security. They kept answering with vauge reponses. When we got to the airport i mentioned how weird it was to not be going to disney and still be at the airport and then mentioned a disney trip i was going on that spring. we past by the airport sign right at the main entrance and my mom said "make a wish", which was weird but i let it go. I looked in the back seat to see if there was any chance we were going to disney and since our trunk cover was up i couldn't see anything which once again i didn't think anything about. I got out of the car and started to walk in the airport and then got stopped by my mom who told me to put on these mickey santa ears, my crocs (which i'm personally not a fan of), and a lighter jacket. I was just really confused but i did everything she asked. once everything was on she told me "Were not visiting grammy at the airport, were going to disney world!" It took me a while to register what had just happened but eventually I realized what was happening. I should have seen the signs but since i am kind of gulible it worked.

Anyway, back to your TR. Sounds like everything went really well and you got everything done that you wanted to get done before disney, which is good!

I totally can relate to the "I'm 2 excited to sleep" feeling. I get that feeling before anything that is super exciting, like disney.

I like how you remember exactly what time you left the house and exactly what time you got there.

Cute pics of you and nat being super excited about disney!

I would have totally been freaking out if i were in the luggage situation. I am really paranoid about that kind of thing because one time our luggage had been tagged with the wrong name and we had to chase down the luggage and get the right info on it. Luckily the other person was also going to orlando but that still would have been bad if we thought we had our own luggage and we ended up having the other person's luggage.

Love the coloring books. I personally love to color! So many people my senior year of high school, and really in college as well, have really loved to color.

Can't wait for more popcorn::

The castle introduction is always my favorite part of the movie - I love waiting for things, though! The feeling of anticipation and being all goose-bump-y and not disappointed by a movie (looking at you, Home on the Range).

Cheap things are amazing to collect, except I still end up spending so much money (Apple App store is too addicting). Also, I think I have stubby fingers so I feel like painted nails look weird on me but I love seeing everyone else's creativity!

I love the Dash series! There's a spa one that's similar (Sally's Spa, says my iphone) that I really like too, partly because I'm a lot better at it compared to the Dash series! Plus I think it has better graphics and I'm a sucker for a pretty game.

You have very cute luggage! I need to find some eventually - and a coloring book. Love coloring, though I always go back and forth on colored pencils v. crayons and ~creative~ coloring v. accurate costuming.

Haha I LOVE that part of the movie. Especially the new one they have. I always yell "THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART!!!"
Haha aww well grow your nails longer! They'd look nice :) And yeah... they are fun to collect. I mean it adds up.. but it's not that bad.
I'm gonna look into that spa game... it sounds fun hahaha
Thank you! And I love coloring too! It's one of those things that never get old.

Southwest has pita chips?! Yum, I might start flying again.

Sleeplessness before Disney...I know that feeling. It could be a poem:
"Twas the night before Disney,
And all through the house,
I'm pacing restlessly
'CAUSE I'M GONNA SEE MICKEY MOUSE!"​

I'm glad you like my Pooh signature. Thank you.

Haha that's always a good reading to reevaluate your mode of transportation :laughing:
That poem was beautiful. SO TRUE.
And you're welcome!

Yay for 2 updates for me to read with my morning coffee. :)
I loved the one post PTR. I would be dying if I had to keep a secret that big!
Departure day sounded great, what yummy snacks on the plane. Last time I flew I got some stale cookies. :rotfl:

Yay! I hope you enjoyed them.
Thank you! Haha I know... it was the hardest secret I've ever had to keep in my life!
It was such an exciting day! Actually... one month ago today we went to Disney! Aww that's sad. I miss it :laughing: But aww wahh stale cookies are no fun!

Yay another TR! I always enjoy your reports, so fun!! It's amazing that you have friends who love Disney as much as you do!! You're so lucky...my friends just don't understand. At least I have my parents though!!

I can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Yay! Thank you! I am so happy all of my friends love Disney... it makes life a lot easier. We all are just insane together :rotfl: At least you do have your parents... that DEFINITELY helps!

So I don't think i got a chance to comment on either of your updates yesterday so i will just comment on both of them now.

Wow, your surprise plan was very elaborate. Very impressive and you obviously did a great job of covering your tracks.

Sad your one friend couldn't come but it sounds like the rest of you still had an amazing time.

I remember the one time my parents surprised me with a disney trip. They had to do all of the planning while i was out of the house. They told me they had a special surprise for a few of our advent calendar activities since the trip was in december. So basically the entire holiday season i was trying to figure out what they were talking about (i don't mind surprises but i prefer knowing and being behind the surprise. They told me on the day of the trip we were going to the airport to meet my grandmother for breakfest while she was at our local airport for our layover. I kept asking questions about how we would get into the airport and past security. They kept answering with vauge reponses. When we got to the airport i mentioned how weird it was to not be going to disney and still be at the airport and then mentioned a disney trip i was going on that spring. we past by the airport sign right at the main entrance and my mom said "make a wish", which was weird but i let it go. I looked in the back seat to see if there was any chance we were going to disney and since our trunk cover was up i couldn't see anything which once again i didn't think anything about. I got out of the car and started to walk in the airport and then got stopped by my mom who told me to put on these mickey santa ears, my crocs (which i'm personally not a fan of), and a lighter jacket. I was just really confused but i did everything she asked. once everything was on she told me "Were not visiting grammy at the airport, were going to disney world!" It took me a while to register what had just happened but eventually I realized what was happening. I should have seen the signs but since i am kind of gulible it worked.

Anyway, back to your TR. Sounds like everything went really well and you got everything done that you wanted to get done before disney, which is good!

I totally can relate to the "I'm 2 excited to sleep" feeling. I get that feeling before anything that is super exciting, like disney.

I like how you remember exactly what time you left the house and exactly what time you got there.

Cute pics of you and nat being super excited about disney!

I would have totally been freaking out if i were in the luggage situation. I am really paranoid about that kind of thing because one time our luggage had been tagged with the wrong name and we had to chase down the luggage and get the right info on it. Luckily the other person was also going to orlando but that still would have been bad if we thought we had our own luggage and we ended up having the other person's luggage.

Love the coloring books. I personally love to color! So many people my senior year of high school, and really in college as well, have really loved to color.

Can't wait for more popcorn::

Thank you!
That is such a cute story about you being surprised! :) I love it! That is one type of trip I have never had... my parents have never surprised me. I have always wanted them to... but I think they need me to plan it so it'll probably never happen :laughing: I will definitely pull surprises like that for my kids someday, though! So cute!
Haha yeah I write down these things in my TR. I don't *actually* remember them. :laughing:
Thank you!
And ughh I know. Luggage can be complicated.. I know how you feel about it getting mixed up. Similar things have happened to me before. No fun!
And yes, I feel like everyone loves to color. It's great!​

I love love love your nails! How on earth do you get them to look so good?!
And I love love love this TR already and you're not even finished with the arrival day yet!

25 days until I get to return to the promise land. Thank goodness I can live through you until it's time :hug:

Luv yer reports, read them all so far :cool1: You might want to rethink yer Major, you've an exceptional talent for writing. Very well balanced reports with pics and story. The food pics make me :banana: - now I need some Disney food :rotfl2: Trying to plan a surprise trip for the fam for next year. My DD's love yer nails, now they want them :goodvibes Keep up the great work, looking forward to more :thumbsup2

What a great update! I love all the details.
I have a disney coloring book too!!
(and I listened to disney music at work today!)

I remember seeing on Facebook yours and Nat's statuses about not being able to sleep (I was confused at the time) but now it makes sense :) hahaha

woahh you were taking food pictures before you even got to Disney? I was surprised there was no Tim Horton's pic haha :) And Nat, fashionably late hahaha that's why I usually drive her places, JK! And Kel <3 She really loved that guy on the plane didn't she?
Anxiously waiting for the real life update ;)

So, I read your update last night but then got off my laptop lol

First things first, RAISIN NUT BRAN IS AMAZING. You're right, no one really knows about it but, when I open the cabinet in the morning and see my mom bought Raisin Nut Bran it honestly makes my day lol

You and Nat are so cute at the airport! :cutie: It's great that you have such amazing friends that are as into Disney as you are. I don't have friends like that but at least I have my fiance! I transformed him into a Disney lover ;) :laughing:

Gotta love flying Southwest! My favorite part of it is that you can take 2 checked bags for free since I'm an extreme overpacker. I would have been FLIPPING if I thought my suitcase was the one left on the wagon thing outside!! :eek:

I'm behind! But for a very good reason, I'm going to Disney World in 1 more day!:banana:

Love the quick PTR and the airport fun.

I can see this is going to be a fun TR!

A BIG YES to everything Kristen (xoktenox) said! She nailed it. :thumbsup2

I bet the anticipation on the flight to Orlando was killing yall! I would have been so antsy.

And I must say, I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! It's gorgeous!

I love love love your nails! How on earth do you get them to look so good?!
And I love love love this TR already and you're not even finished with the arrival day yet!

25 days until I get to return to the promise land. Thank goodness I can live through you until it's time :hug:

Thank you!! Well... we looked up designs online. Then we used regular nail polish, thin brush nail polish, a black nail pen, tooth picks, and paintbrushes... and somehow they came out pretty decent! I'm glad you like them!
Thank you so much! Hopefully I'll be able to update soon!
AHHH 25 days is nothin'! You're gonna be there so soon! Have a magical trip! And I'm glad I can help you get through these dragging days!

OMG i love your posts i cant wait for your next trip to disneyworld:banana::banana::banana::banana:i will soon be putting mine up:woohoo:

Thank you! I have lots of fun stories and pictures to share! I'm glad you're excited!

Luv yer reports, read them all so far :cool1: You might want to rethink yer Major, you've an exceptional talent for writing. Very well balanced reports with pics and story. The food pics make me :banana: - now I need some Disney food :rotfl2: Trying to plan a surprise trip for the fam for next year. My DD's love yer nails, now they want them :goodvibes Keep up the great work, looking forward to more :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! Aww that's really nice! :) Thank you. I actually wanted to be a writer when I was little haha. We'll see where life takes me!
I know... food pictures make me crave Disney food SO MUCH. I really want some right now haha
Oh my gosh that would be so cute! I hope you can get the trip planned!
And aww well feel free to model after any of our designs! I used regular nail polish, thin tip nail polish (mostly black and white), a black nail pen, tooth picks and paintbrushes haha. They were QUITE a project though!
Thank you! Will do!

What a great update! I love all the details.
I have a disney coloring book too!!
(and I listened to disney music at work today!)

Thank you! And haha that's the way to be! I'm very proud!

I am truly enjoying your TR, as I have your others...Waiting to read more....Thanks

Thank you so much! I will try and update soon!

I remember seeing on Facebook yours and Nat's statuses about not being able to sleep (I was confused at the time) but now it makes sense :) hahaha

woahh you were taking food pictures before you even got to Disney? I was surprised there was no Tim Horton's pic haha :) And Nat, fashionably late hahaha that's why I usually drive her places, JK! And Kel <3 She really loved that guy on the plane didn't she?
Anxiously waiting for the real life update ;)

Haha aww now everything makes sense! SURPRISE!
Yes, I was. I'm crazy, right? And I would have taken the tim horton's sandwich picture if my camera wasn't packed! You know me! ;)
LOL you're a saint for getting Nat places on time haha
And yessss she did! So did I. HELLO.
The real life update will happen once ellen posts the pictures of when me, allie, kristen, and her went to the beach! And I think Kristen's gonna write it. So it'll be up soon, hopefully!

So, I read your update last night but then got off my laptop lol

First things first, RAISIN NUT BRAN IS AMAZING. You're right, no one really knows about it but, when I open the cabinet in the morning and see my mom bought Raisin Nut Bran it honestly makes my day lol

You and Nat are so cute at the airport! :cutie: It's great that you have such amazing friends that are as into Disney as you are. I don't have friends like that but at least I have my fiance! I transformed him into a Disney lover ;) :laughing:

Gotta love flying Southwest! My favorite part of it is that you can take 2 checked bags for free since I'm an extreme overpacker. I would have been FLIPPING if I thought my suitcase was the one left on the wagon thing outside!! :eek:

I'm SO glad you like it too! Isn't it the best!? When I read your comment back last night I had to eat a bowl hahaha. It's SO GOOD!
Aww thank you! We were VERY excited. And you are extremely lucky to have a Disney Loving fiance! That'll make life a lot more magical!
I love southwest for that reason too! (and their prices are usually pretty reasonable!) And I'm glad I'm not the only one who would have done that!

I'm behind! But for a very good reason, I'm going to Disney World in 1 more day!:banana:

Love the quick PTR and the airport fun.

I can see this is going to be a fun TR!

That is TOTALLY fine! Ahhh have a magical trip! I'm so excited for you!!!
Thank you and thank you! I think it will be fun as well!

A BIG YES to everything Kristen (xoktenox) said! She nailed it. :thumbsup2

I bet the anticipation on the flight to Orlando was killing yall! I would have been so antsy.

And I must say, I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! It's gorgeous!

Yay thank you!
We were going CRAZY! Seriously I've never been that excited before. I was going nuts.
And aww thank you so much! That's so nice :)

Chapter 2: Excitement and the Magical Motor Coach
August 19th, 2011

So we just had a grand old time on our flight, chatting away and anxiously awaiting our arrival. Then suddenly, we heard the magic words:

"We will now begin our descent into the Orlando area."

HALLELUJAH! It was finally time!! We arrived at exactly 4:45 pm... which was 15 minutes earlier than we were scheduled to get there!

If there was a real life example to define the word "giddy" - we were it. We were FREAKING OUT! Happy, happy, happy :teeth:

I have been to Disney so many times and I literally don't think I've ever been this excited to arrive. (and most of you have read my other trip reports... you know I'm ALWAYS excited.) This time was just over-the-top, about to burst-at-the-seams excitement.

We were literally spazzing out. People were probably staring... and they probably thought we were insane... and that poor Dad sitting next to us probably could not WAIT to get off of the plane.

Once we got out of our seats we began jumping up and down. (do you expect anything less during this moment of tremendous enthusiasm? I think not.)

dsc00053oj.jpg

We basically skipped out of the plane and entered the Orlando airport. SO EXCITED!

dsc00056f.jpg

dsc00057po.jpg

However, this excitement was clouding up my thought process and it was hard to remember where to go once we were off the plane. So I had to stop and think. What is the logical thing to do?

Follow a family who had Disney suitcases!!

So Nat and I followed this Mother and her children to the correct area. They stopped at the bathroom on the way, so then we did too. After discreetly following them until I knew where we were, we lined up for the mini-monorail.

dsc00058nt.jpg

dsc00059mr.jpg

We took a nice uneventful ride over to the other section of the airport.

dsc0030ex.jpg

dsc0031ka.jpg

Do you notice how it always smells like "Florida" when you get off of that mini-monorail? I do.

We eventually got to the luggage area and we were at unloading dock #13. It took a while for the suitcases to come out... and we were getting nervous because I wasn't even sure if my suitcase was actually on the flight!

Thankfully, after about 5-7 minutes, our suitcases came out one after another. WOOHOO thank the Lord.

So our next stop was my FAVORITE part... Magical Express! And you know me.... I got lost trying to find it. AGAIN. Why am I not surprised?

We were in Terminal A and I couldn't figure out how to get to Terminal B (they all look the same!) but eventually, as tradition goes, we asked someone and they pointed us in the right direction!

We arrived at the happiest terminal on earth and we checked in! We were the first ones in line for Coronado Springs! YAY!

dsc0032sv.jpg

After waiting for only a short period of time, a bus pulled up and it had our name on it! (Not literally. But you know.) It was a Cruise Line bus! I am partial to the actual Magical Express busses, but the cruise line ones are second best. I mean... it takes me to Disney World either way so I'm okay with it.

dsc0034tr.jpg

dsc0039wa.jpg

We got in the FIRST ROW! And we were on the right side.

dsc0038js.jpg

Our "Motor Coach Operator's" name was Paul. (he specifically said "it is NOT a bus") He was very energetic, funny, and entertaining. He had an announcer kind of voice. Very Disney-esque. Good thing he's driving these "motor coaches!" I love getting "motor coach operators" who are very into the experience! It really adds to the fun!

dsc0036kx.jpg

Paul saw how excited Nat and I were, and whenever he talked to us he would refer to us as "the first row." We were a little anxious to get there... I think he could tell.

Happy Deer:

dsc00068x.jpg

We departed on our "Motor Coach" and the movie began! I just about cried. That "Let the Memories Begin" section gets me every time. It's beautiful! We loved the clips were the children were being surprised with their trips to Disney... Surprises are the best!

dsc0035cl.jpg

It started raining on our way there. Like... a Florida-in-the-middle-of-August downpour. Oh well! I don't think it phased us one bit.

Nat and I were definitely the most excited people on the bus. However, that's TOTALLY fine with me.

Because soon we were seeing this...

dsc0040gk.jpg

And this....

dsc0041xt.jpg

And THIS!!!!

dsc0042wi.jpg

WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD! :yay:

And then the beautiful purple signs started appearing:

dsc0047tv.jpg

And our first stop was CORONADO SPRINGS! Hooray, hooray, HOORAY!!!

dsc0049cs.jpg

dsc0050qq.jpg

It's such a monumental moment of the vacation:

dsc0051ok.jpg

dsc0053hb.jpg

We thanked Paul, got our luggage, and went inside! There was no line at check-in so we went right up!

I don't know our Cast Member's name, but she was an older woman. I didn't know if she was going to be nice or not because she looked sort of initimidating.

I gave her all of our information and waited to see where our room would be.

And of course.... she told us it would be in Ranchos.

Shoot. :headache: Kristen's family had just moved to Casitas 5, and we really wanted to be near her. Ranchos was not even close.

So I very nicely told her the situation. "We're actually vacationing with this other family and they're staying in the Casitas 5 building. Are there any rooms open at all near there?"

She told me "I can't promise anything. But I'll make a phone call."

That phone call took a while. She was talking in spanish for a bit, then she was talking in English, and Nat and I (quietly) freaked out some more. I think once the lady saw how excited we were, she lightened up a bit.

Finally she hung up the phone and told us we were all set! Casitas 5 - Floor 1. WOOHOO!

She gave Nat a birthday button (since Nat's birthday is only 4 days after we leave. We were celebrating.) She also liked my nails! And she thought we were funny because we were so excited. So yay. She may have seemed stern at the beginning, but by the end of check-in, she liked us!

WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO OUR NEW HOME!

Continued in Next Post

The Hallelujah Chorus! :P hahaha.

P.S. I made Nat read the other updates in Ms. Skrzyniecki's room todayy. :thumbsup2

I did the exact same thing. That elusive Magical Express.

A CRUISE BUS!!!!!!! YAYYY!

DEER.

I GOT SURPRISED ON MY TRIP TO DISNEY!!! Send our video innn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYY!!! The gates of Heaven. Beautiful. :worship:

I am SO glad Casitas 5 worked out! That was perfect!

YAY I'm so glad you updated. I am putting off my Wegmans sub for this. It's THAT good. The trip report I mean...well both...okay I'm gonna stop before I confuse you even more...GREAT update!

I loveee how you girls were so excited! :yay: I am getting so excited for my trip next month! Only 39 more days now!

Haha I totally get what you mean about the terminals! Every time I land at MCO in terminal A I get a little nervous trying to remember how to get to the ME counter! One time my sister and I walked all the way down of what I thought was the right level before I realized we were in the wrong terminal- :rotfl: My sister was like, didn't you just do this 4 months ago? Lol!

Yay, you guys arrived!

Okay, I know exactly what you mean about it smelling like Florida when you get off the mini-monorail. I just love it!

What great pixie dust you got having your room changed to the building every one else was in. I can't wait to hear about the surprise. :goodvibes

Yeah for arriving!!! I can't wait to be on that motor coach on Friday...heading to CSR!!! Hopefully I get a cheerful person at check in! ;)

I love when we are landing in orlando. I get super excited and then try to figure out exactly when we landed. I also like trying to see if i see disney world from the plane. On my last trip the plane had to do a u-turn because it went 2 far south so for the first time ever we saw disney from the plane. we saw the swan and dolphin and spaceship earth. I was freaking out i was so excited!

You guys were obviously excited because i noticed you both were making your deer face! It is definitely a good thing!:thumbsup2

Lol at following the one family to the monorail. I would have done the same thing. Sometimes where the plane lands can throw me off because my sense of direction is thrown off. :confused3

glad you found your way around the airport. :dance3:

I LOVE passing through the Disney Gates :) Nothing like seeing signs saying your heading towards disney/Approaching Disney, and of course those awesome disney street signs (I get very child-like when i see those signs). I always begin to countdown as i'm approaching the magical disney gates as well.

Love how everyone fed off of how excited you were. :love:

Nice that you managed to get a room near kristen. :banana::banana::banana:

can't wait for more popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter