There's no place like (dvc) home!

Patsy1969

Mouseketeer
Dh myself and the 2dgs just got back from a week of camping at Knoebel's campground and amusement park in Pa. The camping part was fine my first time, but after one day I was bored with the park. It was an old fashion park. You can just pay for each ride or buy an all day pass.The couple that we went with go every year for a week. Their big thing was you do not have to pay to get in if you do not do the rides. Well, if you do not do the rides there was nothing to do!!! A few really lame shows. The campground had one really small pool or you go to the water park. A large pool, 3 water slides. and a climbing thing. $5.50 or $11.50 with the slide pass. But if you left you had to pay to get back in! No day pass not even a weekly pass if you stayed in their campground! Ok, now I realize how much value you get for your money at DW. The shows, the wonderful cast members the atmosphere!! The people working at knoebels could hardley muster a hello let alone a smile. Oh, the all day pass for the park rides was $26.00. Even the oldest gs got bored with the rides. I felt like I was nickled and dimed to death all week. I cannot wait to go home in Sept!!! Do other members compare other vacation to the service and value at DW? Like I said there is no place like home! patsy

Maybe it was because you were there for a week. I took an honorary niece (10 yrs at the time) there for 1-2 days and we had a ball. I have friends who come from that area of PA and it gets a thumbs up from them as well. They have special days and concerts and the price is right. Did you try Hershey Park when you were in that area?

Bobbi :flower:

Patsy I agree.

Yes, wdw can't be beat and that includes DVC.

I have tried other parks - even Williamsburg and I love history.

but nothing is WDW nor DVC. the best is the best!!!

We used to live near Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ. I don't really like it. We've also been to Dorney park, Camelbeach, Sesame Place and Hershey park (in PA). They stink compared to Disney. I just don't think you can compare any theme or water park to Disney's. It's not even fair! I've never heard of Knoebel's, but we don't camp.

DH and I do feel that no vacation compares to Disney. We spend months talking about and planning every day of our Disney trips and love it. When we go anywhere else-Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, etc. We just don't get that excited. I think I've written before that our best freinds own a Marriot timeshare in Aruba and Myrtle beach and can't understand why we want to go to Disney again this winter. They are going to Aruba for 2 weeks in November. We can only take our kids out of school once a year so it's one winter trip a year. We can't imagine not going to Disney!!

My 11 year old was bugging us yesterday to take her to Knoebals (about an hour away) and how she missed the end of school year trip down there because we were in Disney at the time. They usually have good deals for Friday nights so we might do that, but I couldn't see a week or even more than one day there.

Also, after getting use to DVC accomadations, I couldn't see us camping :rotfl:

Where is my vacation jacuzzi tub!!!! :earseek:

We went to Knoebels after our first trip to WDW in 02, the whole time DH and I were comparing it to WDW.
Kind of sad, because up until that point we had gone to Knoebels a couple times a year!
We went once more a year later and still felt the same.....now we compare everyplace to WDW!
I can see how you would be feeling a bit cheated, spending a week there. Wow.........

spoiled or what? What did the mouse do to us? :rotfl2:

We can't enjoy other parks and can't stay in regular hotels....

Don't know bout you, but I'm LOVIN it.

Disney has spoiled us. There's no place like it. But I still enjoy Hersheypark. We go every year. You just have to remember Hershey or the others are just amusement parks. They're not Disney, but they are fun. You can't compare them. I wouldn't spend a week at Hershey. Hershey is good for a day trip, maybe spend the night. We've done that before, stayed at the Hershey Lodge. The lodge, btw, costs as much as a moderate at WDW. :rolleyes:

But for a week, I'd rather be at WDW.

I feel better knowing that I am not alone in feeling totally spoiled by DW. We have been to Hershey Park and we really like it. We also have been to Great Adventure but it has been awhile. I do not think I will ever complain about 1 price admission again. I love the DVC resorts! Patsy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter