"THINK like a thin person..." --- (!#@?#@??))

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
:rotfl2: When you haven't been a "thin person" ever in your life, this is QUITE a challenge! :rotfl:

We've all heard this before. "Just think like a thin person...." Well, I'd honestly like to know what exactly this means to other people. So, I'm asking those of you who have been at this for a while, or those of you who are at goal, or anyone who just might have any idea at all what this means to explain this to me in your own words:

What does "think like a thin person" mean to you?

Well, I figured it out. I have been "thin" for 69% of my life. Those darn pregnancy lbs. Most of my life I have been a size 10-12 or smaller. So I now what it feels like to be thinner.

To me "think like a thin person" means thinking that the world is at your feet and that you can accomplish ANYTHING. It means that you need to take time to take care of yourself and make yourself look your best everyday. Now, I am not talking about standing in front of a mirror and primping all day, but when you feel you look good then you feel better and lighter. Also, you stop procrastinating and just know that things have to be done so you get up and do them. You stay busy and you don't think about how food can comfort you, just deal with what comes.

Hope this helps. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thinking like a thin person...hmmm

Going to mall and shopping in any store
Walking through the mall without getting tired
Not worrying so much about how I look
Being more fun for my kids :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Yes, I did forget about shopping in any store. KNOWING that 90% of what you try on will fit, is a great feeling. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

That whole "thin person" thing can change for me on a daily basis!! For me, today, thinking like a thin person in seeing that I DO have a neck. I am just starting to see some lines in my neck.....and that is what is making me feel thin today!! Tomorrow or the next day it may be something else......just taking it one step at a time and thinking about the person I am becoming. Realizing I did not get this heavy overnight, I also have to realize that I am not going to become the "thin person" overnight. Being thankful for the little losses and the healthier person I am becoming is what make me at times feel thin, although I am SO far from thin....but closer today than yesterday!

I have heard the "think like a thin person" line for so many years that it honestly stopped meaning anything to me at one point. Now that I have lost a significant amount of weight I do think I know what it means for me.

It entails not using food for anything but its intended purpose - for fuel. It means not binging on something just because I like the taste in my mouth. It means working out when I am supposed to whether I "feel" like it or not. Most important to me thinking thin is a having a state of emotional health and well being that will not allow me to abuse myself with food or any other substance. :flower:

Without being OCD or eating disorder like.....

Being extremely active--helps when one wants to indulge.

It means I make healthy choices--and accept the repercussions of making unhealthy choices (indulging in the whole pan of brownies instead of just one serving size--will make my scale # increase, no matter how much I worked out that week LOL).

I like how my clothes look now and understand that as a matter of fact my leg and butt are indeed 2 separate body parts and should look that way in a pair of pants. I still want to go down one more size--but thinking like a "healthy thin person" menas I am not going to kill myself getting there. Being in single digits will just have to be sufficient for me.

I like perfect matches response---I will never be a rabbit eater...I love salads...and I love fruits---but eating to live is very important!

My daughter is a naturally "thin" person. One of the things I have observed about her (that boggles my mind) is that she stops eating when she is full regardless of the situation or the food. Example: she will leave one or two bites of a candy bar because the taste no longer interests her. She will eat a regular size meal at a buffet. She always leaves food on her plate. (TG I didn't carry over the "clean your plate" rule from my childhood!!!!!). If she comes home from school hungry and eats, then she may not eat dinner later. I eat dinner at dinnertime regardless if I'm hungry or not! She only thinks about food when her body is physically hungry. When she was little and I'd let her pick a candy at the store, sometimes she would pick tic-tacs or gum. It just wasn't a big deal to her to get candy.

Since these things don't come natural to me, I try to pretend them :goodvibes Leaving food on my plate is both incredibly difficult and incredibly liberating. Have you ever thrown away a bite or two of your candy bar? With much, much resistance I've done it! Its quite an amazing experience :rotfl:

This brings up a memory of a character buffet breakfast we went to at WDW. In my mind, we were all going to stuff ourselves and then bypass lunch. DD wasn't really hungry so she only at 1/2 of a bagel! I wanted to force her to eat, but I knew that was wrong. I realized its just not in her wiring to force feed herself just because we were at a buffet.

But poor DS has my genes :sad2:

plutosmyfav said:
. . . . Since these things don't come natural to me, I try to pretend them :goodvibes Leaving food on my plate is both incredibly difficult and incredibly liberating. Have you ever thrown away a bite or two of your candy bar? With much, much resistance I've done it! Its quite an amazing experience :rotfl:

. . . . I realized its just not in her wiring to force feed herself just because we were at a buffet. . . . .

Now this I totally get!

Just the thought of tiring of the taste of a candy bar before I've finished is something I've NEVER experienced, but I can totally see a "thin" person doing this. And the very idea of not going back for more than one plate at a buffet is completely alien to me as well. I can see that I need to change my strategy in this area for sure. The next time I visit a buffet, I will not focus on getting the most bang for my buck, but focus instead on the design-your-own-healthy-meal aspect of the buffet experience.

WOW! this is a great thread............I really stopped to think about the Eating to live not living to eat quote. That is a bit powerful! Alot said in a few words there. I too tend to overeat buffets, etc. I am going to experiment thinking like a thin person, sounds fun!

renee

I know a lot of thin people and to be honest they eat less healthy then I do. So for me it wouldn't be about eating healthier. Thinking thin to me means - not thinking about the way I look. Not focusing on it. If a pair of jeans doesn't fit my friend she says, "These aren't cut right for me." If a pair of jeans don't fit me I tsay, "I need to diet." or "I'm fat." She has a better grip on the reality of the situation. Another thinking thin point is that they don't obsess about the way they look. I don't seem them checking their outfit in the mirror 10 times before they leave the house. Me on the other hand - I tend to look 10 times for 10 different outfits and beat myself up so bad about it that I end up not wanting to go. :(

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter