Thinking about it…

ilovedisneymm

DIS Veteran
Looking into coming down the end of February….we had a long run of annual trips and haven’t been back for the past three years. There are so many things I miss about Disney, and yet so many things that changed over the years that took away from the ambiance of the fort. Besides the sites costing twice the price, what else can I expect…how is the fort? How are the parks? What is new with wait times and how can I avoid them? Once an upon a time, we could do it all limited wait and with quick thinking navigation. How has the service been….someone tell me the fort camp stores are back to stocking the shelves. How is the new pool renovations? Anyone have pool pics? How is the sing a long? That still on?

I miss my golf cart cruises and boat rides big time! And my favorite loop is open for a nice long stretch…if I book now and something changes, do I still get my deposit back within 5 days of arrival?

What about the fried chicken….I’m going to need that. I feel like I read a long while back about changes with that too. I don’t wanna sit through the Hoop De Doo to get the chicken. Lol! Been there. Did that. I just want the chicken and the old wishes fireworks…I want to come, but don’t want to set myself up for disappointment either.

Now now…the trip will be what you make it! (In my best princess-like voice). I know!

Oh, and the food truck….I liked the one they had at the sing a long campfire, not the circle gang of them by the beach. Do they still have the fort food truck?

Last edited:
The fried chicken (offered hot or cold take out) at the new Trail's End is the same chicken as the Hoop Dee Doo. It's 16.99 for 8 pieces.

If you only booking a room only reservation and not a package, cancellation is 5 days out. Nothing has changed there.

So far so good, folks!

I can get my chicken on at the what is this…? New? New Trails End? Oh dear God, please tell me they didn’t touch a single thing….

The fried chicken (offered hot or cold take out) at the new Trail's End is the same chicken as the Hoop Dee Doo. It's 16.99 for 8 pieces.

If you only booking a room only reservation and not a package, cancellation is 5 days out. Nothing has changed there.

Well I can't say they didn't touch a single thing.. there's a very long pinned thread when the buffet/family style was closing, but you can catch up to the end result here. Trail's End is now a quick service, although there is still the Crocket's Tavern bar. It's actually done pretty well, I can only speak for the fried chicken for food though.

https://www.mousesteps.com/2023/07/...p05XVOQnOk4Q5hGh4GwbUcrok1idoADMsMHvAc15pdcDk

Well someone definitely went touch! Lol.
Not a fan of the remodel, but it could have been worse….ah there is that positive attitude!

I preferred Trails End before the multiple changes including name flip and flop.

Those Mickey cookies though….

How is the sing a long? That still on?

Hi Melissa! :wave:

The Sing-along is back (kinda).

First, a campfire is held every night.

Second, a movie is shown every night.

Third, the sing-along is held 5-7 nights a week DEPENDING.

In December the sing-along was held every night. In January now, it's returned back to Wed-Sun only. Also, the nature of the sing-along has changed. Chip & Dale come out after the opening number as in the past and the opening humor is the same. But the the boys return to the hut in the back and no longer circulate among the crowd for meet-and-greet pix and handshakes. Near the end they come out for one last hurrah when everyone who wants to is invited down in front of the screen to participate in one big hokey pokey song/dance. C&D are part of that big scrum.

Sorta sad for the lost close C&D encounter. But that's what they have going now. Make sure to check the Activities Calendar you get at checkin (or ask for one) for exact dates/times/offerings.

Bama Ed

You can also get the strawberry shortcake from the new trails end. YOu can either mobile order or just go inside and pick it up from the cooler. The fried chicken is just as good as ever. We did mobile order fried chicken and mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. Its from the same kitchen as hoop dee do.

We went to the Fort in October, hadn't been since January 2019. Honestly yes prices were higher but it really seemed like the Fort. I enjoyed Crockets a lot, we probably spent too much time there. Only complaint was breakfast, it just wasn't that good. I didn't like the "potato barrels" which were just kind of gross tater tots. We also went just as the resort boat started which was nice but I miss it being all day.

Hello, Ed & Kris!

Thank you all for your responses. We’ve been over in Ohio for a little trip and headed back home now.

Curious to what the pool remodel looks like. Anyone have pics since the pool remodel was done? Did they keep the barrel slide?

Melissa!!!
I actually jumped back on here to see if you had been back yet!

I am trying to get back into blogging (having to start over again) and each time I write about our pop up, it starts with Fort Wilderness and your TRs with the amazing tent set up.
That and all the other amazing folks on here that helped me be a better camper :p

Hello, Ed & Kris!

Thank you all for your responses. We’ve been over in Ohio for a little trip and headed back home now.

Curious to what the pool remodel looks like. Anyone have pics since the pool remodel was done? Did they keep the barrel slide?

Melissa M,

I didn't see this post when I was at the Fort in January (2 months ago).

But the FW main pool looked the same.

I'm an old Ohio boy (from the North East corner of the state).

Many of us are planning to go back to the Fort the 1st full week of November 2024 for a TRUE DISMeet.

I hope you and Dan/family are well.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter