Thinking of a SeaWorld trip

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
2 adults & 2 boys - 8 & 9 - Does anyone of any specific suggestions for touring, lodging, dining ...? What are the height restrictions for the thrill rides?

Wild Arctic: 42" or ride the stationary seats
Journey to Atlantis: 42"
Kraken: 54"

Lodging, anywhere on I-Drive would be convenient, IMHO the western end of Idrive (near SW) is the quieter and more pleasant end. If you want a hotel recomendation, I've always been happy with the Wyndham Orlando Resort on the corner of I-Drive and Sand Lake Road. Decent price, good rooms, CMs and facilities plus a convenient location.

Things the boys may particularly like, feeding dolphins, feeding stingrays, the "hands on" exibit called "the tide pool" (it's opposite the tropical reef and quite easy to miss, but kids love the chance to hold a creature of some kind) , the shows are all good, but particularly the Clyde and Seamore show and put em in the "splash zone " at Shamu stadium ( and stand WELL BACK :O LOL) . JTA is a great ride ( put them in the front seats and tell them they get the best view there :) ) and I think they will like the simulator start to Wild Arctic as well as scrambling around in the "bear caves" (p.s. don't try to do WA just after a Shamu show finishes, it always gets MOBBED as the crowd leaves Shamu stadium and parks itself in the queue for WA.) . SW has probably the best climbing frame/play area in the Orlando area and schedule in at least one stop of 45-60 minutes there for them. IMHO the play area is a better choice after a shamu show, the kids will probably be a little wet and they will dry out quicker if they are leaping around the climbing frames etc than by visiting the chilled, air conditioned area of Wild Arctic.

There are a number of good fast food outlets at SW, the bar-b-qed chicken and ribs are very good and the "hospitality house" does good sandwiches ( as well as allowing the adults a couple of FREE glasses of Anhauser Busch's fine produce ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter