Thinking of bringing a child with dis lots of ?????

candylover

<font color=99CC99>While you may be touched by the
I have some questions and I thought you guys could help.
We are going to DW in April.
We were thinking of taking my nephew who is 8.
The problem is he has a anxiety that makes it very hard to
stay still...... not to go into details..
Anyway, all the jumping around I'll call it can make even a
15 min wait hard on him and all around him.
I have never taken him for a longer than 3-4 days.
I think my family can deal with it and his parents are stressed and could use the break.
My question is this.....
Besides going to the parks at slower times what else can I do to avoid the lines...can I have my hubbie stay in line and then come into line when only a few minutes are left....I can just hear the rude comments now...
I know this is a real medical issue for him and I don't know how to help him or the family..
My kids are willing to help...:confused:

Welcome to disABILITIES

I'm sorry that I can't give much help; but it sounds like he has problems in the Autism/Aspergers spectrum. There are others in this forum who will be able to provide better ideas.

However, I would STRONGLY suggest that you get a health care power of attorney and any information concerning health insurance. You might also want to get a notarized permission allowing you to take him out of his state of residence. These will both protect you legally and also allow you to authorize any emergency medical treatment.

You should be able to obtain a Guest Assistance Card (GAC) at Guest Services at the first park you go into. You will have to have him with you to get this card. It is designed to provide CMs with information for guests with "invisible" disabilities to avoid problems. It is good at all four parks for your length of stay, and are valid for the individual plus up to five additional members of the party.

candylover how thoughtful of you. And I totally understand. My DS has anxiety too and I know I've mentioned this before on other threads so forgive me guys! What we did was spent lots of time at our hotel by the pool it was a great stress releaser and the weather was beautiful so it was quite enjoyable. DS didn't like fireworks so we left the parks early and avoided a lot of meltdowns. We just took it slowly and developed sort of a routine for him to follow that worked out well. We also dined at Trails End a few times because it always seemed mellow there and Cape May was a mellower place too.

Keep in mind that more than one survey has shown that for MOST preschoolers and MANY elementary school children, when asked their favorite thing at WDW, they choose their hotel pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter