Thinking of Christmas

I have been shopping and a lot of stuff has arrived. I will need a good Shoppers spend to fill some stockings, and earn some points so I am ready for Black Friday, which is when I will probably finish shopping. I am going to Walmart tomorrow to get a big red/green bin for storing Christmas decorations and that will be how many we can keep... the rest have to go! Then we should put the tree up by Friday I think. It's really early for us but I look forward to the pretty lights and just the hopeful spirit that comes with it.

I haven't bought the boys "big" gift yet. My dad told him that he might get a new computer for himself and would give Jackson his old one... casual and in passing. Yet it's all I now hear about. I will probably get him a monitor, he can attach it to the laptop he uses or a computer if he gets one. Though a switch might be nice, I'm not sure he won't lose his temper on it. We'll see how many shoppers points I can earn and if they have one in stock at any of the stores near us.

We have the where to put the Christmas Tree dilemma... due to Covid and no visitors/family gatherings, we put a long table in front of the window for doing puzzles. The same place the Christmas Tree would normally go 😂

We have the where to put the Christmas Tree dilemma... due to Covid and no visitors/family gatherings, we put a long table in front of the window for doing puzzles. The same place the Christmas Tree would normally go 😂
I have the same dilemna but add in the sewing machine that's taken up permanent residence in the living room as well and the fact that my dining room table has all the leaves in, turning it into my cutting, designing, ironing, and general sewing clutter area and I have NO IDEA where I'd even put a tree!
Here's my current "dining room" (and this is TIDY!)
dining room.jpg

and a couple of angles of the "living room"
livingroom.jpg
The tree is normally set up basically where the sewing machine is, right in front of the back door....

livingroom2.jpg

This gives an idea of how big the danged puzzle is -- I bought one of those tri-fold display boards kids use for science fair projects and stuck it on 2 tv tables
puzzle.jpg

I am hoping the smaller tree this year will fit near where it normally goes, which is actually where my work from home space is.

I have started thibking about that too. DH and my mother have gotten really big into plants so we have plants everywhere. Bought a slew of plant shelves this year which has helped. But when I suggested putting up the tree where it usually goes (in the front window) - my mother immediately said no way. There is a plant shelf there now LOL!

Really not sure we have space to put up the tree this year...

For anyone thinking of shopping for Disney stuff from Miniso.ca, I got my $70 worth of stuff in just a few days. I bought THREE adorable neck pillows. When they arrived, they weren't quite what I expected. I thought they would be the microbead pillows I bought before with the exact same design. These turned out to be memory foam neck pillows that are quite large. On the good side, they have a button to close it into a circle so it won't fall off when you hook it onto your bag handle/backpack strap for the airport. My microbead ones don't have that. Plus one of my microbead ones busted at the airport leaving us frantically trying to stem Minnie's "bleeding" before we boarded the plane. The best we could do at that time was a stapler from the boarding gate staff LOL. My teens got a kick out of that.

DH immediately tried his out and has pronounced it very comfortable. I'm a little hesitant as it is bulkier than I would have liked - but if they are comfortable for DH, they are worth every penny. Besides, they are ridiculously adorable.

I also bought the eye mask and again, much thicker, bulkier, and plusher than I anticipated. Also comes with a hot/cold insert I wasnt expecting. I thought I ordered a Mickey. I got a Minnie (which won't work for DH). On closer inspection, you don't seem to get a choice whether a Mickey or a Minnie arrives. I emailed to complain and they replied very quickly saying their team will look into it.

For anyone thinking of shopping for Disney stuff from Miniso.ca, I got my $70 worth of stuff in just a few days. I bought THREE adorable neck pillows. When they arrived, they weren't quite what I expected.

My Miniso order just arrived! Ordered on the 10th, arrived on the 17th!

All of the items are really adorable although the lunch bag is smaller than I expected, it measures approximately 8.5 inch X 8.5 inch but still cute as heck!

So I saw somewhere about somebody needing a Coffee Pod advent calendar so I googled how to make it and now I am making 4 for my family and friends. I actually bought my coffee pods at Bed Bath and Beyond as they have a very wide selection. The base is a 24 mini muffin tin. I wrapped the tin in paper then cut out the holes. For the coverings of the pods I taped cupcake liners to the pods as they have the nice picture on the bottom (never understood that because who sees the bottom of a cupcake) and then I used insta tac (I bought in Dollarama) to stick the pods into the muffin pans. I added an extra day at the top - the 25th of course and made that a special coffee. I wrote down (for myself) all the numbers with their associated coffee pod flavour so that they don't get the same pod flavour 2 days in row. I think it looks quite nice - now to finish the next 3 as I actually need to give one away yesterday.
PB200996 coffee pod advent calendar.jpg

Edited to add - now everybody in my house will have their own advent calendar. We have the cheese one from Sobeys, the Jam one from Costco, my homemade coffee one, a Lego one and 2 chocolate ones from Purdys.

we have multiple advent calendars in our house!

mine: the jam calendar and a short story calendar (https://www.hingstonandolsen.com/2020). i get the story advent calendar every year and i love it

wife’s: lindt chocolate and the cheese calendar

kiddo: little people toys (though it’s very possible he’s going to end up with a treat one too)

if there’s ever a year to pile on the special surprises, it’s this year!

So I saw somewhere about somebody needing a Coffee Pod advent calendar so I googled how to make it and now I am making 4 for my family and friends. I actually bought my coffee pods at Bed Bath and Beyond as they have a very wide selection. The base is a 24 mini muffin tin. I wrapped the tin in paper then cut out the holes. For the coverings of the pods I taped cupcake liners to the pods as they have the nice picture on the bottom (never understood that because who sees the bottom of a cupcake) and then I used insta tac (I bought in Dollarama) to stick the pods into the muffin pans. I added an extra day at the top - the 25th of course and made that a special coffee. I wrote down (for myself) all the numbers with their associated coffee pod flavour so that they don't get the same pod flavour 2 days in row. I think it looks quite nice - now to finish the next 3 as I actually need to give one away yesterday.
View attachment 539555

Edited to add - now everybody in my house will have their own advent calendar. We have the cheese one from Sobeys, the Jam one from Costco, my homemade coffee one, a Lego one and 2 chocolate ones from Purdys.

That was me. Yours turned out great! I love it! Great idea with the cupcake liners. I would have never have thought of it.

I ended up purchasing packages of various flavours for my son's stocking instead. Threw in some packages of biscuits as well. THEN Tim Horton's started advertising their coffee pod advent calendar. lol

Thanks everybody - I did have fun making the advent calendar. I added the 25th day as a coffee pod but my brother just said why don't you add a small muffin or cake pouch to the top and for the 25th day the user can use the muffin tin and make you got it muffins. I know that Dollarama has muffin mixes so I will have to make a visit there and see what they have. I will have to check the size and see if I can make it like a stand to hold the calendar up. If not then the 25th day will still be a coffee pod. I need to finish these by Saturday to give them out.

I need a gift idea for hubbys lil step sister. She’s in 4th grade. What are girls that age into? I’m also needing a gift idea for a teacher I work with. I prefer it to be $10-$15
i need to get some gift cards for hubby and dd22

So I called Home Depot and said that these didn't seem to be available online for curbside pickup and the staff were great!
They took them to the front of the store for me and I was able to get them without inside store contact.

I just love them.!!!!
Santa's lantern is solar and Frosty's sparkles run on battery on a timer for 8 hrs.
There feet are weighted so they don't fall over in the wind.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter