Thinking of trying RCCL....have some questions though.

breakingd_awn

DIS Veteran
Were DCL gold members thinking of trying a 5 night with RCCL in 2018. So far my research has been overwhelming as far as which ship. Here's my preferences/problems
1.We'd like family/broadway type show every night
2.We like MDR style dining
3.Nothing bigger than Fantasy
4.Love DCL split bath and stateroom size, since RCCL is smaller we would have to go with 2 staterooms ,so do alot of people get an outside porthole for parents and an inside for the kids? After I do that and then add soda package,it doesn't seem that much cheaper than DCL.
5 Does room service cost extra on RCCL?
6.Love RCCL different iteneraries
7.definitely want family friendly environment
Thanks for any help:)

1. There was a family show every night on the 7-night we went to on the Freedom of the Seas. I only went to one (the magician), but most people say they aren't as good as DCL. Shows are at the bottom of my priority list, so I can't help much there.
2. We did regular MDR dining. All the ships offer it.
3. As long as you don't go with an oasis or quantum class ship, you'll be fine. We prefer Freedom and Voyager class ships.
4. We had two insides for 3 adults, 2 kids, and two babies in pack and plays. It was fine.
For soda, we did the package, but won't ever do it again. After the third day my kids were sick of soda (we never drink it at home). In the future, I'll just buy them a soda or two a day.
5. Room service is free between 7-ish in the morning and midnight. I can check the hours.
6. Yes!
7. Our cruise was definitely family friendly. The Voyager, freedom, oasis, and quantum class ships were made for all types of families.
We're gold with DCL, but my big kids are begging to go on another Royal cruise.

Thank You:) We don't buy soda at home either,but my kids liked the free beverage station. Glad to know I wouldn't have to buy the soda package.

If you are on a ship with the Freestyle machine and you want to use that, you need the package.

There is nothing like the DCL soda station on royal. Without a package you're buying cans or "soda gun" sodas from bartenders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter