This is pretty pathetic...

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
We got a new Nordic Track and put it in our basement. Sadly, we haven't got our cable hooked up down there, although we do have the TV / VCR down there, and not wanting to excercise to a blank wall, I went looking for a tape I could watch while chugging along.

THe DVC promo tape works pretty well. It's 20 minutes, same as the program. I'm thinking about getting out the WDW planning tape and our actual vacation videos next!

Also, while out shopping for light fixtures for our house, my son and I spotted these glass and iron lights that had sihouettes of bears and moose on them... we looked at them and looked at each other and said at the same time: WIlderness Lodge! DS then gets wistful and says, "Can we make our house look like the lodge? I miss it." Of course, then DS #2 overhears us and adds, "Ooo! Ooo! Does that mean we can get a pool with all those water jets in the bottom, too? And a hot tub? And a waterfall! And a slide! And some DUCKS! Oh, THAT would be cool!" Oldest DS then went around looking at the light fixtures trying to figure out which ones belonged "where" (i.e., which lights would look best at what DVC resort). ("Now THAT looks just like something you would see at Boardwalk! Oooh, this one looks fairly beachy! Maybe Beach Club... or Old Key West? Here's another Wilderness lodgy one, Mom!")

Granted, it helped him pass the time, but I'm wondering if there's such a thing as a DVC geek, and if so, are we guilty of adding more the population? :rolleyes:

What a great idea! I had never thought about this but I may start doing this too. It's one more incentive to get on that treadmill instead of using it as a clothes rack! As for Disney decorating, we are considering re-doing one room in our home too. I know many people on the DIS have done this. Annmarie

I do this a lot actually. If you have something you really enjoy watching, it make the working out more fun. I have a ski machine, and I'll pop a tape or dvd in instead of watching tv or listening to the radio sometimes. If I've got to work out, I might as well work out to Disney!

When we moved our treadmill out of our bedroom and into another room in the house, I didn't have a TV to watch anymore. So I plugged the portable DVD player in and balanced it on the treadmill to watch - You Guessed it - the Disney planning DVD.

Add me to the geek squad! I do the same thing....pop in the DVC promo video or the planning a trip to WDW video...just to get me there. I am not even a DVC member yet (someday I hope!). I have to do this when I am alone and if my husband catches me he looks at me like I am nuts!!!

Oh, and about those lights....we did exactly what you were thinking...bought the moose and bears lights for the sole purpose of looking like wilderness lodge. I even went so far as planting some pine trees in the yard (we live in TEXAS!). Crazy maybe...Disney Dork for sure!! I just figure there are way more destructive things in life to be addicted to. Disney gives me a high and I can feel good about it the next morning.

Add us to the "Disney Geek" list too... over my kitchen sink hang 2 Tiki Birds that we bought many years ago. Pictures of us at MK, Epcot, and MGM adorn one of the bedroom walls, Mickey towels and accessories in the powder room, posters of the Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney Railroad in the spare room (which is completely decorated in Disney down to the sheets and pillowcases) Just got myself a DVC watch so I can take my "vacation with me all the time". We may have to grow older, but we don't have to grow up :cool1: :banana:

I often used Disney tapes as "incentive" when I Nordic Tracked, and now, when I walk, I visualize myself walking as fast as I can to Splash Mountain, or Kilimanaro safaris or some other desirable, but far attraction. I used to think I'd never admit it, thinking it was the height of Disney "geekdom", but I'm glad to know now that I can admit it.

I have a Nordic Trak (skiing). I get on it. close my eyes and visualize.......the end of the session. My wife keeps asking what am I doing standing there and not skiing.

My son always asks to watch the Disney planning dvd. I think it calms him! On my last trip my friend had a t shirt made up that said Disney geek. My sister hates it when I play Disney music when the kids aren't even in the car. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo What do they know anyway!! :wizard:

I know I already replied but I'm replying again.
Finally the weather is nice here, almost hit 80 today! I took dad out to lunch (Applebees has a Weight Watchers menu). Then after I let the food digest, I decided it was nice out and I would take a walk. I went on a nice 2 mile walk. And of course I brought WDW music to listen to! Keeps it fun.

isyt said:
My son always asks to watch the Disney planning dvd. I think it calms him! On my last trip my friend had a t shirt made up that said Disney geek. My sister hates it when I play Disney music when the kids aren't even in the car. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo What do they know anyway!! :wizard:

We watch every planning video and dvdwe have. We are leaving in five days so tonight I am planning a marathon. I listen to the Disney music dvds in the car alone, too! I don't even bother to roll the windows up. You should see some of the looks I get in traffic. :confused3

Gopherit that sounds like a fun little shopping trip. If you are guilty of it so are we the kids always look for stuff for our house that looks like it came from one of our vacation resorts @ WDW LOL.

I see I'm not alone, at least!

And I had to laugh when I took a reminding look at my basement walls yesterday while Nordic Treking along... they AREN'T "blank", as I had said, after all... I forgot that they are actually plastered with maps... 5 framed copies of Disney maps, one from each park plus one from Typhoon Lagoon! I haven't framed the Blizzard Beach one yet... suddenly the DVC video seems much more in place! I should also note that I have a Disney "corner" in my family room and a Disney Pooh "stairwell" with 3-D collector's plates that leads up to the kids rooms and to one of my faves... the Nemo bathroom.

And I have been known to come home from work, pour a glass ofwine, and blast the Disney Classics CDs from our stero while fixing dinner...

Yup, I'm certifiable. The Nordic Track video choices are just another vote in that same mouse-eared direction.

Funny you mention the Nemo bathroom we just re did our bathroom in Nemo attire including seaweed on the walls etc and nemo cut outs boy this is a small world after all LOL.

gopherit said:
I see I'm not alone, at least!

I should also note that I have a Disney "corner" in my family room and a Disney Pooh "stairwell" with 3-D collector's plates that leads up to the kids rooms and to one of my faves... the Nemo bathroom.

Yup, I'm certifiable. The Nordic Track video choices are just another vote in that same mouse-eared direction.

Cool. I am thinking of doing my bathroom with a few Hidden Mickeys in it. I already refinished my Grandfather's armoire with one (I striped it in 30's-40's retro style colors) and everyone loves it. I have already decided that every painting I do from now on will include a Classic Hidden Mickey.

And I have been known to come home from work, pour a glass ofwine, and blast the Disney Classics CDs from our stero while fixing dinner...

Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only person in the world who does this!! :goodvibes

Every year we go I take a picture of DS and DN (they were practically raised together) and I do a drawing of them walking up the Monorail station from MK to Epcot. I am painting this one. I'm giving it to my mom for her birthday.

We are building a vacation home in the mountains, and when my builder asked for us to choose lighting, I looked on every website imaginable that has pictures of the WL for inspiration! Framed lithograph of VWL will figure prominently in the decor!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter