This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

We are getting towards the end…. Thanks for sticking with me. Between snow days, kids not taking naps, and me being exhausted by the time I get the kids to bed, I can't get an update done. Here is a quick update… thought it would be more but there are the last of my uploaded pics….

After heading into AK to buy Melody's shirt, I had to drive over to WWoS to pick up my race packet. When I pulled up to WWoS, the place was mobbed! There were people everywhere. I had to park on a grassy field across the main road. I didn't know why it was so busy but I quickly realized that the kids races were going on. I walked over to the entrance.

First stop was the HP field house…

See, running has its benefits:

So after walking around for a while, I was told that my packed was moved to the Jostens Center.. so off I went.

It is like a convention in there with runDisney merchandise, people selling running supplements, clothing, etc..

They have people who will mount your medals for you. You have to do a lot of runDisney races to get this one:

I was able to find my packet which included my t-shirt (the real reason why I came to pick it up). With my shirt in hand, it was time to go.

On the way out they had kiosks where you register to have people track your race progress.

I made the walk back to the car, which might of been a 5k in itself, and drove back to CSR.

My mom decided she was going to spend the afternoon with friends of hers that live in Orlando and Melody & I took turns at the pool with Juliana while Christopher napped in the room. Once Christopher woke up, it was time to get ready to go check out some lights!

Up next…. Colorful Blinking Lights

I always wondered what the pre-race venue looked like. But was too lazy to actually research it. Gotta love TR's!! :thumbsup2

After Juliana spent a few hours in the pool it was time to get ready to head over to DHS to check out the Osbourne lights. It was kinda weird heading to a park so late in the day since we are usually out the door first thing in the morning and don't usually get back till night. But to tell you the truth, it was actually nice. We've been going non stop for so many days now.

We hopped the bus on over the the Studios and decided that the Great Movie Ride was going to be our first stop. Why? Why not?

How bout a little blury Wizard of OZ?

Oh yea… I remember why we did the GMR first, because we had a little time to blow before the Playhouse Disney show started (now called Disney Junior Show)

Christopher absolutely loved the show. He was watching the puppets every move.

When we walked out of the show it was starting to get dark and it was getting close to dinner time. We figured the Backlot Express would be as good as any place to grab a bite to eat. We walked across the park and had to stop for a few minutes to watch the Jedi Training Academy.

I don't think we got anything too exciting for dinner because I didn't take any pictures… or I was too hungry to stop eating.

We finished up and headed toward the music and the blinky lights.

There were a ton of people. This was either opening night or the second night it was open (I forget!)

We grabbed some treats and Juliana opted for something with marshmallows.

I guess seeing all the light didn't get Juliana into her Christmas spirit, but into her karate spirit.

I don't recall them playing Stayin' Alive though.

We even met up with Randall and his wife Jodi for a bit, although I don't have the pics to prove it. But he did take this picture for us:

We even were able to spot the Osbourne purple cat which is from their original decorations.

The kids, well Christopher, was holding up well, so Juliana & I were able to talk Melody into letting us ride Star Tours before we left. Juliana loved it again and she was even chosen as the Rebel Spy!

Goodnight Hollywood Studios!

Back at the room, my mom had just gotten back in from visiting and having dinner with her friends. We showed her some video footage from the lights and helped her get her belongings together because she was flying home the next day. We were leaving too. But don't get too sad. We were moving down the road for our last night in Disney.

Up Next… Pools, Family, and a new resort

Love the lights!!! I wish they were there all the time. It's going to be weird going in about 6 weeks and not see any Christmas decor!!!!

The Osbourne lights are amazing! I got a little over excited when it started "snowing" there :)

I love Ana's Mickey head outfit as well :goodvibes

He looks like he really got into it.

There were a ton of people. This was either opening night or the second night it was open (I forget!)

I had the place almost to myself late right at closing once. That was Nice....

Cute picture.

We even were able to spot the Osbourne purple cat which is from their original decorations.

:thumbsup2

Goodnight Hollywood Studios!

Pools, Family, and a new resort

Nice relaxing day with some bling for nighttime. Perfect.

I think I know where you end up but curious to see if I remember right. :confused3

Great picture, and glad Christopher liked the show. :goodvibes

We finished up and headed toward the music and the blinky lights.

I just love those blinky lights....... :woohoo:

You got some great pictures! :thumbsup2

I guess seeing all the light didn't get Juliana into her Christmas spirit, but into her karate spirit.

:rotfl2:

I don't recall them playing Stayin' Alive though.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Looks like Juliana has the moves! :banana:

The kids, well Christopher, was holding up well, so Juliana & I were able to talk Melody into letting us ride Star Tours before we left. Juliana loved it again and she was even chosen as the Rebel Spy!

She makes a great Rebel Spy! Hope you got her the shirt. :)

Great update, Tim.

I love the picture of Christopher with his mommy watching Playhouse Disney. You can see in his eyes how much he is enjoying it.

Juliana just cracks me up with her poses. I'll have to have Mark do a "Stayin' Alive" pose with her in September.

I just love the Osborne Lights...they are worth the price of admission and you got some great photos.

We were going to buy the book that has the story of the ride in it but it was super pricey...

DSC05724_zpse43e4e16.jpg

We were going to search for it online- which we have yet to do.

By chance did y'all ever get this book? :confused3

Awesome evening. Gotta love the Osborne lights! :thumbsup2
We love seeing the lights there. Are they really taking them away this year?

Love the lights!!! I wish they were there all the time. It's going to be weird going in about 6 weeks and not see any Christmas decor!!!!
6 weeks? I'm jealous!! I miss our March trips.

The Osbourne lights are amazing! I got a little over excited when it started "snowing" there :)
Oh yea, the snow is cool! I'm staring at it coming down right now! We are expecting 12''-18''.

I love Ana's Mickey head outfit as well :goodvibes
Thanks!!! :good vibes

He looks like he really got into it.
He really liked the show.

I had the place almost to myself late right at closing once. That was Nice….
That's awesome! The few times we've seen the lights it has been mobbed!

Cute picture.
Thanks!

Nice relaxing day with some bling for nighttime. Perfect.

I think I know where you end up but curious to see if I remember right. :confused3
I don't know how you could remember…. I barely do! :rotfl2:

Great picture, and glad Christopher liked the show. :goodvibes
He was really cute… really into the show and dancing too!

I just love those blinky lights....... :woohoo:
ME too!

You got some great pictures! :thumbsup2
Thanks!

Looks like Juliana has the moves! :banana:
Oh yea she does. Imagine if she hung out with Rosie for a day? They'd be an unstoppable force.

She makes a great Rebel Spy! Hope you got her the shirt. :)
Ummmm…. I should of but I didn't. :faint:

Maybe I'll pick it up in September. :rolleyes2

Great update, Tim.
Thanks Kat!

I love the picture of Christopher with his mommy watching Playhouse Disney. You can see in his eyes how much he is enjoying it.
He really had a great time. He loved it this past time too.

Juliana just cracks me up with her poses. I'll have to have Mark do a "Stayin' Alive" pose with her in September.
I'm sure that will turn a lot of heads! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just love the Osborne Lights...they are worth the price of admission and you got some great photos.
God knows the admission ain't cheap. :rotfl2:

By chance did y'all ever get this book? :confused3
IS that from my TR? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

No, we never bought it. Did you find it?

::yes::

Awesome fun evening right there! The lights are something I've always wanted to do, and I'm glad your family got to see them! Juliana's poses crack me up... Disco Kid, Karate Kid, Cute Kid... she's got them all down pat! :lmao:

I'd hate to see the rumor come true; I'd truly love to see them someday. :worried:

I think I'm all caught up! Osborne Lights look amazing. I hope I get the chance to see them in person.

Very cool that Juliana was the Rebel Spy. Now she has to wear the Leia Danish hair-do. While doing the Stayin' Alive dance, of course. :rotfl:

I hope not. I plan to see them. :worried:
I hope to see them again too.

Awesome fun evening right there! The lights are something I've always wanted to do, and I'm glad your family got to see them! Juliana's poses crack me up... Disco Kid, Karate Kid, Cute Kid... she's got them all down pat! :lmao:
Oh she's a trip. I guess I can't blame her for breaking into dance in WDW though. :lmao:

I'd hate to see the rumor come true; I'd truly love to see them someday. :worried:
I thought I heard they were going because of expansion/changes in DHS? :confused3

I think I'm all caught up! Osborne Lights look amazing. I hope I get the chance to see them in person.
Caught up? When do you have time to catch up? … probably at like 3am.

Very cool that Juliana was the Rebel Spy. Now she has to wear the Leia Danish hair-do. While doing the Stayin' Alive dance, of course. :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Now that would be a sight! :rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter