This Yank is getting into cricket....

JohnMouse

Belle, Anna and Rapunzel are my princesses, and St
I've gotten to hear the current England-New Zealand test match which is being webcast from BBC Radio 4 longwave. I find this sport fascinating....the past two nights(US Eastern time) I've been learning such terms as "duck", "maiden over", "leg below wicket", "gully", etc. Oh, these first innings were quite entertaining.....first England make 228 all out with Nassir Hussain making 106(I already know what a century is, hehe)....then then they send the Kiwis all out for 147.

I think England will win this first test easily, don't you?

The great thing about cricket - and particularly when England are playing - is that its very easy to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory:rolleyes:

PS I find listening to cricket on the radio preferable to watching on the TV - the commentators do so much to convey the atmosphere - happy listening.

John, I know nothing about cricket whatsoever - it is all a complete mystery to me. Here, however are the rules:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs...

THAT'S THE END OF THE GAME! HOWZAT!

:D :D :D :D :D

LOL Deb :D Well done!!
( You left out the silly mid on and bowling a maiden over :D )

Waiting for Fantasmic to begin, we were chatting to a party of Americans sitting near us and they asked my sons to explain the rules of cricket ........ I'm not sure they were much the wiser when the boys had finished, but it killed at least half an hour of the wait time!!

Nice to see you on the UK CB John........ do join us whenever you can :)

The weird thing is that the BBC isn't allowed to stream the Test Match Special commentary over the net due to contractual restrictions. Maybe someone in London forgot to throw the switch.

Indeed the commentators do a good job of describing what's going on....my favorite is Henry Blofeld(sp).

It sounds as though you know a lot more about the game than many British people, John!

Spread the word over there, and maybe we can get a transatlantic DIS match going one day ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter