• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on having a character breakfast on last day

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
Do you like having a character breakfast on your final day? Or...does it make you feel cramped w/ time left in the park and checking out w/ ME?

Here's my diemma:
After seeing multiple threads about everyone loving Crystal Palace's breakfast, I'd like to add an ADR for our last day. There's really no other day to fit it in w/out throwing other plans off. My husband is concerned it will cramp us time wise since it's our last day. We have had a character breakfast on our departure day on our past two previous trips and my husband wasn't a big fan of having it on the last day. In the past, we had a reservation time around 8:45. We were able to get into the park before it opened (loved that!), but it put us tight once we got out of the restaurant because we had to leave the parks by 11:00 in order to use ME. We only had about an hour to do anything in the park. For this trip, though, we're staying longer so our last day will be the 9th day at the parks (I'm thinking we'll have been able to do most of what we've wanted to do by this point and we can just rehit our favs). It will only be a partial day, though, because we'll have to leave the parks by 12:30 in order to use ME. If I schedule an 8:25 reservation, we could get in the park before it opens, and it won't put us but about a half hour past opening time once we're out of the restaurant. I think it would be a fun way to end our vacation. However, DH thinks it will be hard to get bags checked into ME at the hotel, get to MK in time to take pictures on Main Street, and still arrive on time for reservation. He's probably right. After thinking about it all, I don't know what to do. Gosh...some things never change. I'm still indecisive and my thread posts are always long. Sorry--see why I need help? :)

Do you like having a character breakfast on your final day? Or...does it make you feel cramped w/ time left in the park and checking out w/ ME?

Here's my diemma:
After seeing multiple threads about everyone loving Crystal Palace's breakfast, I'd like to add an ADR for our last day. There's really no other day to fit it in w/out throwing other plans off. My husband is concerned it will cramp us time wise since it's our last day. We have had a character breakfast on our departure day on our past two previous trips and my husband wasn't a big fan of having it on the last day. In the past, we had a reservation time around 8:45. We were able to get into the park before it opened (loved that!), but it put us tight once we got out of the restaurant because we had to leave the parks by 11:00 in order to use ME. We only had about an hour to do anything in the park. For this trip, though, we're staying longer so our last day will be the 9th day at the parks (I'm thinking we'll have been able to do most of what we've wanted to do by this point and we can just rehit our favs). It will only be a partial day, though, because we'll have to leave the parks by 12:30 in order to use ME. If I schedule an 8:25 reservation, we could get in the park before it opens, and it won't put us but about a half hour past opening time once we're out of the restaurant. I think it would be a fun way to end our vacation. However, DH thinks it will be hard to get bags checked into ME at the hotel, get to MK in time to take pictures on Main Street, and still arrive on time for reservation. He's probably right. After thinking about it all, I don't know what to do. Gosh...some things never change. I'm still indecisive and my thread posts are always long. Sorry--see why I need help? :)

I totally understand your dilemma. We like a character breakfast on our last day, BUT (big but) only if we have an early plane ride home. We have done late flights and earlier flights. Last year we had an early plane ride home, and needed to be back to our resort by like 11:30 to catch ME. In this instance, we chose to do a character breakfast at our resort (Ohana). It was really nice actually. We got most of the stuff packed up, went over and had a nice leisurely breakfast, then returned to the room to grab our stuff and get to ME. I think trying to do a character breakfast at a park, for us, would not work in that particular situation.

We have also taken later flights home, and spent some time in the parks prior to the flight. In a situation like that, I would not choose to do a meal, to try to maximize the amount of time left in the park the last day.

I agree with you, that after nine days at the parks, you might not need too much time. For me, I think I would skip the meal in lieu of park time, or maybe try a character meal at your resort, if that is an option.

Either way, good luck!

Thanks for your input. Sounds like you had a great plan on your last trip. Being able to eat breakfast and then go back to your room to pack up for ME so you're not rushed would be great. We could eat at our resort (POFQ), but it wouldn't be a character breakfast which is what we're looking for w/ our 3 and 7 year old. I'm not really worried about losing the 30 min. (give or take a few) of park time we'd lose due to the breakfast, and it would be wonderful to be admitted into the park early. There's just something magical when it's mostly empty and it makes for great photos. I also think it would be a fun way to end the trip. The rub is trying to get packed up and things checked in w/ ME before rushing off to breakfast. What to do, what to do.

In theory I like the idea of a character breakfast on the last morning--seems like a festive ending to the trip, but when we actually did it I didn't really enjoy it. I tend to get a little stressed on departure day -- watching the clock, worrying about being packed up, etc. so I couldn't relax and enjoy the meal/character interaction. I think it would've been more fun earlier in the week when I was more relaxed.

we love to do a character breakfast on the last morning of our holiday. We're all usually packed the night before and dont really have much to do the next morning. Its just nice to enjoy your last breakfast and say goodbye to the characters :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter