• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Lowball Offer

Problem is....if its really low, even if seller accepts, Disney will probably buy back in ROFR. We offered seller asking price (which was a very fair asking price) because we wanted the contract.
That’s what I would have done as well.

Yep, no doubt. Chasing a "lowball" offer certainly isn't for everyone.
Definitely depends on the buyer like you said. It might be easier, emphasize the word "might", to wait for a great price or risk ROFR when you are already a DVC member and you are adding on because more points = more fun! For us as first time buyers we were happy to pay asking price, above recent ROFR, and be really happy when it went through. We just wanted to get started enjoying the membership as soon as possible. Not to mention BCV contracts are a bit more scarce to come by. When we passed ROFR we then added a direct contract right away to get points even faster and blue card perks. I ended up on this thread as I was searching for offer etiquette because now I feel more comfortable searching for and waiting for the right contract that rounds out our DVC portfolio (if it's ever actually done haha). Happy hunting everybody!

Definitely depends on the buyer like you said. It might be easier, emphasize the word "might", to wait for a great price or risk ROFR when you are already a DVC member and you are adding on because more points = more fun! For us as first time buyers we were happy to pay asking price, above recent ROFR, and be really happy when it went through.

Totally agree with you here, especially given how excruciating the wait can be. There really is an avenue for everyone to comfortably find an on-ramp into DVC. There is no one "right way." The way that works for any individual or family is the right way.

I do think it will stabilize in the high 160s-low 170s. It will put pressure on the other Monorail resorts as well, any maybe CCV. I’m not sure it will affect anything beyond that.

On fidelity today international seller Boardwalk at 95$... do you think we are going to see price falling ?
Wow...just looked at their site and there are quite a few contracts with low prices; a few BWV at $95, SSR around $110, OKW around $100. Wonder if they will pass ROFR? Lots of international sellers too; if I had some disposable income right now I'd probably jump on some of those contracts.

On fidelity today international seller Boardwalk at 95$... do you think we are going to see price falling ?

I always kind of feel bad when I see something like this. We haven’t seen Boardwalk get this low in years. Shouldn’t the listing agent say to the seller, I think we can get more? They aren’t very big contracts so I probably would have said let’s list it at $120 or something and see what offers we get.
I do understand if they need to sell quick for whatever reason but come on, a 75 pt contract for $95 at Boardwalk? Maybe when there is 10 years or whatever left.

325 Points across 3 Feb UY contracts. Not quite enough for me to pile in on, but I love a motivated seller.

I think that the prices of some resorts are trending downwards, like OKW, for example. The Fidelity site shows several "reduced price" listings for OKW below $100, and I just inked a deal for 100 OKW points at $85 per point. It was listed at $115, and the seller accepted it the offer without even making a counter. Go figure. I have no idea if the deal will pass through ROFR, but it's worth a shot.

I need to stop checking these things. For a minute, I was tempted to take the money for my kitchen reno (wanted, but not needed since the kitchen as it is gets compliments) and buy more points which we absolutely do not need. I need to just stay away from the purchasing threads before I forego the kitchen work and buy more points.

I think that the prices of some resorts are trending downwards, like OKW, for example. The Fidelity site shows several "reduced price" listings for OKW below $100, and I just inked a deal for 100 OKW points at $85 per point. It was listed at $115, and the seller accepted it the offer without even making a counter. Go figure. I have no idea if the deal will pass through ROFR, but it's worth a shot.

I think you are correct in that some sellers aren’t that concerned about top dollar but getting it sold.

And, in your case, that $85 could still be more than they paid for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter