Thoughts on resale via Fidelity?

I’ve read that when you submit an offer you can put a time limit on it, like 24/48/72 hours, etc., something that gives the agent sufficient time to contact the seller and get an answer, taking weekends or holidays into account. So if you don’t hear back within that time, you know for certain the offer wasn’t accepted and can move on.
There really isn't any need to put a time limit on it. If they haven't replied after a reasonable period then I just move on to the next contract and strike the agent from my list. I only have a couple on that list - most agents are great - one has an issue with unicorn offers and the other failed to respond to an offer.

Well, last week I contacted an agent over there to ask some questions/put in an offer on a contract and they were responsive that day but it's been crickets ever since. I mean, I assume that means my offer wasn't accepted but an email letting me know would be nice. Because then I could put in a new/higher offer if I wanted.

I haven't put in many offers since I started my DVC journey about a year ago so I don't have many comparisons. I think I've dealt with just 3 other companies before. But Fidelity is first company that I've dealt with that wasn't fairly quick with responses/offers.
I’d give them a phone call or email them back directly.

There really isn't any need to put a time limit on it. If they haven't replied after a reasonable period then I just move on to the next contract and strike the agent from my list. I only have a couple on that list - most agents are great - one has an issue with unicorn offers and the other failed to respond to an offer.
You’re right that’s there no need to do it, but it saves inconvenience.

I have had agents send my offer to the seller a week or two after being submitted. If the seller accepts and I already moved on, it’s an inconvenience to me to have to tell them that my offer wasn’t valid. It saves everybody’s time to add An expiration if you think they won’t respond on time. Also some brokers might think you’re not being serious if you ask to cancel after an offer is accepted and might affect you in the future.

Well, last week I contacted an agent over there to ask some questions/put in an offer on a contract and they were responsive that day but it's been crickets ever since. I mean, I assume that means my offer wasn't accepted but an email letting me know would be nice. Because then I could put in a new/higher offer if I wanted.

I haven't put in many offers since I started my DVC journey about a year ago so I don't have many comparisons. I think I've dealt with just 3 other companies before. But Fidelity is first company that I've dealt with that wasn't fairly quick with responses/offers.
I think perhaps some can see that as a downside of Fidelity if you really want to work with certain agent. You can't choose who to work with. Whichever agent is listed for that listing, that's theirs and you can't work with someone else.

Unlike other resale brokers Fidelity is pretty much M-F, 9-5. I'd just follow up with a phone call.

I had points loaded for another contract I purchased through them over the weekend. A nice bonus when I find out there are another 39 points from the 2023 UY that I wasn’t expecting… it’s too late to bank them but at least the mistake is in my favour for a change 😂

I emailed them yesterday to ask for an update. Still crickets. I'm not sure if I want to call because I don't want to be annoying. Especially since our offer was fairly low.
It's the business they are in. Answering an email or answering a phone call doesn't make that much difference. Most people are better at one or the other and the agent you're dealing with may be worse at emails.

You’re right that’s there no need to do it, but it saves inconvenience.

I have had agents send my offer to the seller a week or two after being submitted. If the seller accepts and I already moved on, it’s an inconvenience to me to have to tell them that my offer wasn’t valid. It saves everybody’s time to add An expiration if you think they won’t respond on time. Also some brokers might think you’re not being serious if you ask to cancel after an offer is accepted and might affect you in the future.

Wait. So an agent is going to think I’m not serious after taking two weeks to get back to me on an an offer? And it may affect me moving forward? No problem. I prefer it that way. That agent or seller is the problem. Not me. I’m moving on after 24 hours.

Wait. So an agent is going to think I’m not serious after taking two weeks to get back to me on an an offer? And it may affect me moving forward? No problem. I prefer it that way. That agent or seller is the problem. Not me. I’m moving on after 24 hours.
I agree with all that. But is it really that difficult to add “this offer expires in 48hrs?”?

I agree with all that. But is it really that difficult to add “this offer expires in 48hrs?”?

Maybe I’m just a stickler for expecting people who earn a commission to do their job.

Aside from that, for those who are not familiar with the various brokers Fidelity has a comments section on their offer form. Apparently the agents don’t see those comments (according to three different agents from there) So even if you add “expires in 48 hours, they don’t see it and they don’t really care.

My point is, it’s not my job as a buyer to do the work of an agent or a seller. If you don’t want to respond, no problem. Lots of supply out there. Want to hold it against me? No problem. Lots of supply out there. However agents are licensed. One complaint to FREC can resolve many of these issues.

Maybe I’m just a stickler for expecting people who earn a commission to do their job.

Aside from that, for those who are not familiar with the various brokers Fidelity has a comments section on their offer form. Apparently the agents don’t see those comments (according to three different agents from there) So even if you add “expires in 48 hours, they don’t see it and they don’t really care.

My point is, it’s not my job as a buyer to do the work of an agent or a seller. If you don’t want to respond, no problem. Lots of supply out there. Want to hold it against me? No problem. Lots of supply out there. However agents are licensed. One complaint to FREC can resolve many of these issues.
The broker can’t do anything until they communicate with the seller. And the sellers aren’t people who are just sitting in some room waiting on offers. They may be on vacation or unavailable that day. It’s up to each buyer to decide how long he/she wants to wait around after an offer is submitted, but if there is no response immediately from the broker it doesn’t mean they are just dragging their feet. It could be that they are having trouble connecting with the seller.

I can confirm they see it. After my SSR offer was accepted I got a call like a week later from another offer and the agent asked me if I still wanted to continue with the offer because he saw the note. I had to decline it lol

My experience with Fidelity so far has been less than stellar. Very little communication, lots of ignoring and indifference IMO. I am pretty sure they made an error yet no one will confirm and they just ignore my questions. I get errors happen, but be honest and let me know what happened. To obviously ignore and side step the questions makes me want to not do business with them in the future.

The broker can’t do anything until they communicate with the seller. And the sellers aren’t people who are just sitting in some room waiting on offers. They may be on vacation or unavailable that day. It’s up to each buyer to decide how long he/she wants to wait around after an offer is submitted, but if there is no response immediately from the broker it doesn’t mean they are just dragging their feet. It could be that they are having trouble connecting with the seller.
We ran into that problem. Made an offer on a listing (and not a low ball either) no response from seller. Even broker was puzzled, they wouldn’t respond to him either. After about 3 weeks of attempts at communication we withdrew the bid and moved on.

My experience with Fidelity so far has been less than stellar. Very little communication, lots of ignoring and indifference IMO. I am pretty sure they made an error yet no one will confirm and they just ignore my questions. I get errors happen, but be honest and let me know what happened. To obviously ignore and side step the questions makes me want to not do business with them in the future.
I had a lot of communication with my broker from there up until my contract was sent to ROFR. Two weeks in (this past Friday) I did get an email from the contract coordinator there saying he was still waiting for our contract to pass ROFR. Sorry you are having problems!

I had a lot of communication with my broker from there up until my contract was sent to ROFR. Two weeks in (this past Friday) I did get an email from the contract coordinator there saying he was still waiting for our contract to pass ROFR. Sorry you are having problems!
We recently completed a purchase from Fidelity as well that went pretty smoothly, the board sponsor, not so much (on a recent purchase as well), but they got their act together in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter