Three Questions-Many More to Follow

disneymomtofour

Mouseketeer
I am starting to plan our trip to Disneyland and DCA in March. I know I will have lots of questions. Now that I finally have the system figured out at WDW, I have to start all over.

1. We are staying at DLH and have a 5-day Hopper. Can we get early entry to Disneyland everyday it is offered (M, T and Th while we are there) or just one day only?

2. Can we go through the Grand Californian and use the entrance to DCA? Is there an advantage to this entrance over the regular entrance?

3. I am using these boards and the Unofficial Guide to plan just as I did for WDW. (I have the others but find Unofficial Guide to be the best.) Do I need to purchase a program like RideMax or will what I have be enough?

Thanks!

You should be able to get EE every day it is offered by showing your charge card. This could be changed, but when we went in Aug. & Dec., the policy for Disney guests to have EE rights was in effect. This benefit is still not publicized though.

Good question regarding the entry to DCA. I believe this is officially for GCH guests only, but I would be surprised if they would turn you away if you showed your charge card or hotel key for the DLH. I think this entrance is particularly helpful for guests of the Paradise Pier since their "exclusive entrance" to DCA was closed. When I stayed at the GCH in August, the hotel keys looked the same for all 3 Disney properties so guests of all 3 hotels could use the entrance, but when we went in Dec., GCH was back to using their standard (green with redwood tree) keycard. They seem to check keys most closely in the morning. If you do not get this question answered, ask at the DLH upon checkin.

Some people swear by RideMax. I've never used it because I feel like I know how to attack the mornings and use FP effectively. From there on I like to let my mood and the information board direct me. I think it depends on your style.

I wouldn't worry about RideMax! With a 5-day hopper, you'll have plenty of time to ride and re-visit anything you would like. Especially if you are visiting in early March, before spring break arrives.

Have a great time! I love DLH!

I purchased RideMax before our last trip and didn't use it much on the trip due to extended family, however it was so much fun to play with prior to our trip that it was worth it for me.
It also helped me to get a general idea of how many rides I could fit in, general order, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter