Three Things...Gratitude Thread

TV Shows

Psych
...I like(d) a lot of the US investigative dramas (NCIS, Hudson & Rex, The Mentalist, Hawaii 5-0 etc.). I chose Psych, because it had that very light-hearted element, as well. Plus, there was Gus and Shawn as Tears for Fears - that was TV gold!!!

Line of Duty ...British police action/thriller series, with lots of twists and turns. It was the kind of thing you watch and talk about together afterwards. That's always so sociable.

24 ...It was such a big deal (in TV world) at the time, wasn't it? I don't know if it would seem so special, now, with all the streaming services, but at the time it was new and different -- and there was so much of it to watch! I really liked it (might re-watch it one of these days) and it was another one that got us all talking.

BTW, I noticed quite a few of you enjoy Call the Midwife. I haven't watched it, but it made me think that you might also enjoy Foyle's War (set in WWII) and Grantchester (1950s/60s). Especially, if you like a mystery. I love them both! 😀

Tv shows . . .

Masterpiece Theater on PBS, that introduced me to so many adaptions of my favorite books

So many British comedies, from well known legendary ones like Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served, to more gentle comedies like May to December and As Time Goes By, to lesser known programs like So Haunt Me and more contemporary shows as well. I have laughed so hard over the years watching these shows.

Documentaries are a guilty pleasure, whether they are true crime, history, or current events. Many times they inspire me to do additional research on their subjects.

You've all mentioned so many amazing shows! ..............The West Wing (another one I'm thinking of re-watching) (and if you don't have Martin Sheen as President, can we please have him for Prime Minister?! 😉); Gilmore Girls; Friends; M*A*S*H; Bluey.

I kind of wish I'd mentioned Frasier, ER, The Great British Bake Off, Top pf the Pops, Lewis and Endeavour, too!!!!

Bake Off is pretty much a staple around here; when one needs to be mindlessly entertained while folding laundry or cooking dinner, Bake Off is on!

Murder She Wrote. Watched the original series with my mom. Now DD30 binge-watches it while she is folding laundry or wants a long morning in bed with coffee. We refer to the show as "Jessica!"

British Comedies - PBS used to play a bunch of them I believe it was on Tuesday night as a whole night they would play one show after the other Are You Being Served / they had one about these people and the leisure center I can’t remember the name of it but it was hilarious / as time goes by / Fawlty Towers / and the one the bucket woman that one hilarious wish I could remember the name of it I really wish they would start doing that again those shows are so funny and then at 10:30 they would play Benny Hill he’s a Adultish in his comedy - I just really enjoyed watching those shows it was my European night for TV I get me a cappuccino and sit and watch TV !!

British Comedies - PBS used to play a bunch of them I believe it was on Tuesday night as a whole night they would play one show after the other Are You Being Served / they had one about these people and the leisure center I can’t remember the name of it but it was hilarious / as time goes by / Fawlty Towers / and the one the bucket woman that one hilarious wish I could remember the name of it I really wish they would start doing that again those shows are so funny and then at 10:30 they would play Benny Hill he’s a Adultish in his comedy - I just really enjoyed watching those shows it was my European night for TV I get me a cappuccino and sit and watch TV !!
Love Benny Hill!

Good Morning!

#1 - My last name

#2 - Oreos - I don’t eat them often - only when I make Oreo Fluff or Oreo Balls

#3 - Outs - when my DD20 makes a good play 🥎. I’m not much of a fan when she’s the one that’s out - LOL!

OMG - I love using this !!! Does that count ??
Owls - I have three around my house they eat a lot of bugs !!! Especially mosquitoes so I don’t mind them except when they dive by me at night when I’m potty in the dog kind of frightening but I like listening to them hooting

Oasis - think BEACH 🏖️ you know I’m gonna bring it around to a beach

Ocean - have to have one for my cruise ship 🚢 I do love taking a cruise I’m grateful for the oceans they’re very beautiful

Oh I SO agree about stuff in the Ocean ( meaning fish and whatever weird living creatures ) I don’t need to see them
I mean I enjoy seeing the whales dolphins you know the cute things seals but all that weird stuff no thank you I’ve seen specials on TV I’m good I don’t need to see it I don’t wanna get in that water when it is that deep to see what’s creeping around down no I’m good 🤣🤣

Oceans... I'll ignore the "stuff" in there, although some of it makes for a pretty fine dinner!

Orangutans- They are our closest living relatives and are absolutely fascinating creatures. It is inexcusable that they are so endangered.

Opportunities- to explore, to travel, to converse, to love. What would our lives be like without having opportunities to expand our horizons?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter