Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Allison Joy, so good to see you posting! I use Kraft Singles daily so am with you on orange cheese :)

Yellow things:

ITA with you PollyannaMom on sunshine along with related God's gift to each of us of a new day of life whether sun is visible or not.

I mentioned my preschooler Peter yesterday in terms of orange. A Peter yellow smile is that he pronounced yellow more like Luh-Low. Yellow is indeed a happy color. To me a butter yellow walls would make a kitchen cozy and homey. God willing should I ever get to be in a position to move that would be something to look into.

Yellow is the color of friends God graced me with meeting in the kindness thread!

This was a tough one but I’m going with…

Yellow Ribbons because Tony Orlando is my favorite singer.

Yellow runts because while I do t like bananas I do like banana-flavored things and that was the first to come to mind.

Corn on the cob because I love eating them and they remind me of times with my grandfather in his garden.

I am blessed with a large family. All oh my children and grandchildren live within a 20 mile radius.

Many out of town fam stay connected via FB and or cellphone...super close.

Also thankful for good health.

And the little surprise who enriches our lives and keeps us on our toes. Never a dull or amazing moment!

Red Things:
  • Red wine
  • The Phillies in the playoffs
  • Sunsets with red tones

Orange Things:
  • Pumpkin decorations
  • My tortie cat Ginger who definitely has some orange in there
  • Mimosas (the orange juice counts, right? )

Yellow Things:
  • Sunshine
  • My navy blue umbrella that has bright yellow daisies
  • bees who make delicious honey
These color themed ones required a little thought but were fun to come up with.

I was grateful when….

Someone gave me a cart at Aldi and told me I could keep my quarter

People/Strangers (men & women) compliment me on my hair - I get so many compliments about the style and color. It’s nice, because it’s a pain in the butt, so the compliments keep me from wanting to just shave it off - LOL!

Kind drivers let me in or out from where there’s lots of traffic so I don’t have to sit there forever.

I’m grateful for All the wonderful friends I’ve made on the DIS Boards - random acts of reaching out always met with kindness ❤️❤️❤️ I’ve had some now for years !! So grateful & blessed

I’m grateful for friends who do random things for you when they know your struggling - silly things to make you laugh - some stupid song or picture or saying - it shows they care

I’m grateful when someone tells me I look nice - always wonderful to hear !

But I’m most and forever grateful when SOMEONE grabs something off a shelf for me because I’m short and everything in a store is out of my reach !!!! I hate climbing them dang shelves ! I fell once and the manager is like I saw you fall - I’m like thanks for the help or checking on me !! It’s not like I’m 6 feet tall how was I to get that 20 pounds of cat litter ??? Hmmm ??? Why would you put something so heavy on a very top shelf ??? Jeez so I’m grateful when and often happens someone says I’ll grab that for you !! ❤️❤️❤️

Kind drivers let me in or out from where there’s lots of traffic so I don’t have to sit there forever.
I have to second this one!

Also:

A neighbor who has a riding mower mowed the "island" in our street yesterday for everyone's benefit.

Someone I was behind in line last week let me pet their very fluffy and adorable dog while we waited.

Today's (Sat. 10/22) topic - random acts of kindness

WOW I have to second all of WDWEPCOT's answers

I have friend who can always cheer me up no matter what is happening. I also have a sister in law who will do random acts of kindness for me, like bringing me surprises from the store, or bringing us homemade apple crisp, or apple butter, or grape fruit spread. It's always appreciated, but never expected.

I am so grateful for the friends I have made on the DIS (especially on our Quackers thread). Everyone is always so kind, and so supportive of each other. I hope our thread goes on forever!

As to the Walmart thing, I too am not overly short, but I can't reach or take down a 40 lb box of cat litter when it's up about 6-7 feet in the air. On more than one occasion, another customer comes by, that is tall, and gets it for me and puts it in the cart.

I am also so grateful for the friends I have made in our Quackers thread who spread faith and kind joy always.

Thankful right now for the kindness of a Food 4 Less employee who went to check their pancake mix aisle for me. Kroger (Ralph's for me in CA) brand pancake mix is something my dad and I both enjoy. Ralph's is all out, so we thought to try their smaller store Food 4 Less. Dad will be heading there shortly. So truly appreciated when grocery workers, extra now during the pandemic, take extra care and time to provide kind customer service.

A couple pieces of happy mail that came yesterday.

Teachers -
My middle school – first male teacher I ever had, he was strict as could be, and scary, but he taught me more about life than school – and he taught me a lot of school!
My HS Algebra teacher – she failed me freshman year and I deserved it. I failed it again in summer school. I had it with her junior year then, and she was SO kind and so helpful, and never made me feel stupid for being a junior in a freshman class 😊

I can’t pick a third – so many good ones over the years, so they all tie for 3rd place.

Little things –

Morning coffee
Thunderstorms while I have nowhere to be
My college kid calling me for ANYTHING

Red things –

My mom(‘s hair)
Cherries!
Pink cheeks after a wonderful day in the sun

Orange things –

The carrots I am snacking on right now – yum!
The mandarin oranges I am snacking on right now – even more yum!
Sunsets

Yellow things –

Sunrises!
Pineapple
Banana cream pie

RAK
Too many in my life to list, but the best was a group of online friends sent me a Visa gift card at a time that we were struggling financially after my 2nd kid was born. I had PPD, husband had lost a job, and the medical bills were astronomical. Plus, our house was in shambles due to a shady sale. That money literally fed us for a few weeks when we would not have had the means to do so.

Whenever a nice tall person offers to get me an item from the top shelf at the store, thank you all wherever you are!
The unknown person who adjusts my outside decorations when the wind tilts things over is a gem.
I deeply appreciate people who graciously let me cross the street slowly without dirty looks on a tough day.

1. The sweet student teacher who gets my students’ breakfast from the cafeteria and brings it to my classroom for me.
2. My neighbor who works for the police department and runs our neighborhood watch.
3. My thoughtful daughter who always looks out for me.

WOW I have to second all of WDWEPCOT's answers

I have friend who can always cheer me up no matter what is happening. I also have a sister in law who will do random acts of kindness for me, like bringing me surprises from the store, or bringing us homemade apple crisp, or apple butter, or grape fruit spread. It's always appreciated, but never expected.

I am so grateful for the friends I have made on the DIS (especially on our Quackers thread). Everyone is always so kind, and so supportive of each other. I hope our thread goes on forever!

As to the Walmart thing, I too am not overly short, but I can't reach or take down a 40 lb box of cat litter when it's up about 6-7 feet in the air. On more than one occasion, another customer comes by, that is tall, and gets it for me and puts it in the cart.
It was 20 lbs and that’s why I fell !!🤣🤣🤣
Dang that hurt - but I was so mad then that mgr when I checked out - I saw you fall - yeah thanks for the help !! Grr why would you put heavy items so high ? Walmart same with cat litter - hello chewey delivered to my door !!! Enough of this !!!

...three times you were grateful for that little extra thing someone said or did
:scratchin Honestly, this has me thinking...maybe I take common courtesy and basic good manners too much for granted? I go about my day feeling like the world and most people in it are generally pretty decent and I am purposefully the same. It's rare I notice strangers doing anything particularly terrible or wonderful. I'm going to make a point of paying more attention. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter