Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Y Yeast, for breads, beer, and wine!
O Octopus- they are amazing creatures!
D Donuts. I don't eat them often, precisely because I love them!
A Aunts. I had the best aunts, and hope I am as good an aunt as they were.
(I'd originally intended to do this in Yoda-speak but I'm too tired tonight!)

S - sunny days - I’m grateful for sunny days especially ones on a beach 🏝️

Happy Star Wars Day and May the 4th be with you all! :darth::chewy::yoda:

I choose GROGU, because I love The Mandalorian series.

G - Gas - As I leave today to move DD20 out of her dorm, I’m very grateful for the gas to get us there. Maybe one day it won’t cost so much again.

R - Rootbeer - I love my Sugar Free A&W Rootbeer every Sunday with my pizza

O - My last names - Both my maiden name and married name start with O.

G. Green - I’m very grateful that everything outside is green again. Winter is over - hooray!

U - Umpires - I’m always grateful for good umpires. Baseball & Softball can’t be played without them. There’s an umpire shortage by me, which is a shame. Parents need to stop berating them the way they do, because people are either quitting umpiring or not getting started umpiring, because they don’t want the abuse from parents.
A little sand between the toes....

Very creative slo :thumbsup2

I was going to do Millennium Falcon but that would have hurt my head in coming up with so many :rotfl2:

So I will try to keep it simple -

L - the first letter of DS's name
U - the "unusual" things that we encounter from day to day
K - "keep" on smiling even when the day day turns to poop
E - "everyone" on the boards that keep me smiling :-)

My cat (grateful for both, but one happens to be sitting here right now) :cat:

My vacuum cleaner (grateful for labor-saving devices, and that we no longer have to take rugs outside and beat them!)

Family photos!! - right now I can see a favorite vacation photo of DS, one of two of our now grown-up nieces when they were about six and eight, and one of all six kids (those three plus three more cousins) at their grandparents' house - lined up on the sofa like stair steps.

Good Sunday Morning :wave:

I am sitting in my kitchen as I post this…..

#1 - My IPad - I not only see it, but use it every day for everything. We have a computer, but it is ancient and in the basement. I actually have 2 tablets. This is my newest one and older one goes to gym with me and travels with me on trips.

#2 - Our TV - I love having a TV in the kitchen. My DH found a white one and he has it on a wall mount. So I can always watch the local news in the morning and when I’m making dinner.

#3 - Our Grill - I can see it outside when looking out the window. My in-laws gave it to us for Christmas one year. It’s a really nice grill and we use it often.

The dog- She’s currently giving me a dirty look because I stopped scratching her back to type this. I’m waiting for her to start vocally admonishing me.

The robot vacuum- I never quite learned how to program it and it sometimes skips spots even though it has thoroughly mapped the first floor, but it gets enough so I don’t have to.

The TV- Obviously, it’s entertainment, but it reminds me of Thanksgiving. It was Thanksgiving night of 2017 when our previous tv died. TV buying in the middle of impending Black Friday chaos isn’t something we planned. Still, around 9pm…still thoroughly stuffed from dinner, we found a Target deal online that wasn’t sold out and would be available for pick up at midnight. It was a drive thru pickup line, so zero craziness.

3 Things in front of me: (living room)

1. My iPad: I had a really old one, couldn’t do any updates and it was so limited. My DH kept bugging me to get a new one and I am very glad I did!

2. My walls are covered with photos, posters, drawings, WDW postcards, Mickey Mouse clock, and my piano is topped with cards and photos and there are music books from Bach to Disney songs. I am an ADHD person and very visual, so everything I love is pretty much always in front of me! (Clutter to some, precious to me, plus, if I don’t see something, it doesn’t exist!)

3. All the toys and stuffies that our DGD plays with every time she is here.

Family photos- Most of them are of DD, but there are also some of my mom, of me and my sister when we were young, and of my dear mother-in-law who passed away 5+ years ago and who I still miss every day.

My Nook- It's getting harder and harder to read at night as I get older and my eyes aren't as good. I wouldn't be able to read in bed at all if I didn't have my Nook.

My laptop- I don't have a cell phone, so my laptop is my gateway to the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter