Three Things...Gratitude Thread

As an extension of yesterday's appreciation for water...

...I really appreciated my shower today. After several hours doing heavy work in the garden in the hot sun, a cool shower was bliss!

Onto TV

Eurovision,
it's on tonight! It's such a shared viewing experience. And one big party. :rockband: (We have to ignore the fact that it's also very political and the UK often gets few votes!!!!)

So many good British detectives series: Morse, Lewis, Midsomer, Endeavour, Grantchester, New Tricks, Foyle's War, A Touch of Frost, Shetland, Karen Pirie, Vera, Broadchurch, Line of Duty... What have I forgotten?! :laughing:

Hole in the Wall, it was a game show a few years ago. It involved celebrities in wet suits and a moving wall over a swimming pool. Absolutely daft, but often very funny. 💦 (You can watch some on YT.)

1. The Office: got us through COVID as a family
2. Friends: DH and I watched years ago and now my kids love it.
3. General Hospital: one of my sisters looks down on me for watching this, but it’s a show that never ends. Characters come and go but the show continues and I love the continuity.

Good Morning & Happy Mother’s Day :flower3:

#1 - My Mom - I’m blessed that she is still with me. She still nurtures me today by always willing to help with what she can and being a good listener. She’s a wonderful Mom ❤️

#2 - My Grandma (RIP) - She nurtured me in a firm way, which I loved. She was the strongest woman I have ever known and I can’t thank her enough for not coddling me. Since I loved spending a lot of time with her, I thank her for helping me be the strong woman I am today. She was a great lady! ❤️

#3 - My Friends Mom/Neighbor when I was a kid - She was like a second mom to me. ❤️

My mother was not very motherly, but I have been fortunate to have surrogate mothers along the way.
My best friend in college was always caring and looking out for me. Her first words to me, before we even really knew each other, were that I should put on slippers because it was cold!
(went to school in Buffalo)
Both of my mothers-in law. The first one I only knew for a short while because that marriage only lasted 5 years, but she embraced me as a daughter and I have never forgotten that. My 2nd one I knew for a lot longer and I still miss her to this day. Both were Jewish mothers and far more effusive with praise and love than I had ever experienced. I was vey lucky to have them in my life.

My Mom - I was lucky to have her, even if it wasn't for as long as I would have liked
and My Aunts - who made it a point to step in and do things that she would have done
My Grandma - who used to take me with her as she cared for others and set a fabulous example
and My MIL - who treats just like one of her own kids, and checks on me even when we're checking on her

Happy Mother's Day and welcome to our kind thread Diana.

Grandma Dolores will always be who I consider my mom. I am humbly beyond blessed God gave me her and Grandpa Sam. To know they are forever restored, at peace, with Him, plus that one day we will reunite along with Champ is grace upon grace.

Thinking of Pastor L, a dear friend and retired minister. She still gives love, faith, and encouragement to so very many.

Barbara, a friend God gave dad and I years ago who in His name is family.

So thankful to God always for each of you, too. Thank you for blessing my days :)

My mom- I mean, it is Mother's Day and all :) She was one of the first to wish me Happy Mother's Day today.

My grandparents- They were all such warm and caring people.

Family Friends- We were with a group of longtime family friends last night that are some of the sweetest and most considerate people out there. They're pretty much family.

Happy Mother’s Day!
I’m joining this thread :)

1. My Grandmom is the sweetest person, her hugs have always filled my heart

2. my mentor at work, she is always looking out for opportunities and sending positive energy to me

3. My Mom, always present always patient
Welcome aboard! Great group of ppl here.

For me personally, I have found this thread is great way for me to really focus on the positive things on a daily basis that I may overlook otherwise. Cheers!

IMG_1544.jpeg

It's "orphan letters" day! - I've been keeping track of which letters we've used this round by crossing them off on this photo, and we've reached the difficult ones.

Today's Topic (Mon, 5/13) - 3 things you're grateful for beginning with Q, U, V, X, or Z

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter