Throw away FP+ @ HS

This will most likely be my plan when our FP day comes up too. My kids are not interested in shows, so we will get a tier 1 then 2 random tier 2s but tap and go. Seems like such a waste...or maybe we will skips HS fastpasses, book another park for the afternoon and hop there.
It's annoying but not a waste. After you tap into the first three, you're basically on the equivalent of the Disneyland MaxPass system for the rest of the day, where you book a Tier 1 on the app, use it, and can book another Tier 1. In Disneyland, you have to pay $15 per day PER PERSON for the privilege of booking on the app!

Honestly with the system they have now, they might as well not have FastPass at all. I think it is all going to change once RotR opens.
Totally agree.

Hopefully this tiering system changes once SWGE attractions are added to the FP+ system. THough with how "well" the wait times seem to be for MFSR without Fastpass, maybe it is time to rethink Fast Passes .. especially for all the Tier 2 attractions where you get the 'illusion' of some benefit (but in reality provides you with none) .. (Like getting a FP for all the shows at DHS).

It's hit or miss. I had a couple last week that were before we got to the parks and I hoped they would expire so I could choose new tier 1s, but no such luck. They were still there hours later, so I had to modify and tap out. I have tried letting FPs expire a a few times in our last couple of trips and it has never worked for me.

To me, if they keep useless FPs active all day, that`s adding insult to injury. It`s bad enough that virtually everything is Tier One, but they hinder you when it comes to picking new Tier Ones?? Even Disney must know that a "fast pass" for Muppets is just bogus.

Our SDD fast passes are for 11:25 a.m. both days, and our throwaways are at 9 and 10. We only plan to be in the park in time to ride SDD. Obviously, as soon as we use our SDD FPs, we`ll want to book new ones.

It's annoying but not a waste. After you tap into the first three, you're basically on the equivalent of the Disneyland MaxPass system for the rest of the day, where you book a Tier 1 on the app, use it, and can book another Tier 1. In Disneyland, you have to pay $15 per day PER PERSON for the privilege of booking on the app!

Very good point...as long as good fastpasses are still available.

After I tap in for a FP let's say to TSM and I'm waiting in the FP line can I be booking my next FP if the other 2 have expired or do I have to wait till the full hour of my TSM FP runs out? I'll be thrilled with Slinky but perfectly happy getting Tower or RNR. And can you just cancel your 2 throwaways or do you have to have had 1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2 to be eligible to book more Tier 1? Now I'm confusing myself.

After I tap in for a FP let's say to TSM and I'm waiting in the FP line can I be booking my next FP if the other 2 have expired or do I have to wait till the full hour of my TSM FP runs out? I'll be thrilled with Slinky but perfectly happy getting Tower or RNR. And can you just cancel your 2 throwaways or do you have to have had 1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2 to be eligible to book more Tier 1? Now I'm confusing myself.

You can't just cancel the tier 2's. you have to use them (or just let them expire, though there seems to be mixed results of letting them expire). Once you tap into your third, you can start looking for another FP. You don't need to wait until the end of the time range of that last FP.

Can you actually expect to get a second Tier 1 FP+ in HS? We weren't able to get Slinky Dog and went with Toy Story Mania but I am struggling with figuring out how to plan the day to ride our top rides (SDD, TofT, RnR, MFSR) all of which could have an hour wait. If our Toy Story Mania FP are at 11:05, can we conceivably get a TofT or RnR after that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter