Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very intriguing! I had never heard of this but I'm probably going to do it for the 60 day window and magic bands alone. we will only get to use one day of parking because I'd like to get things all sorted out the day before we go to the parks, but even still, it's a great deal! Thanks everyone!!

Okay so if there are all these booked campsites no one is staying at.. could someone let another person stay there without it being in their name? Like for instance can the person who made the ressie just check in online and bypass standard walk up check in and the person actually staying could just head to the site?

Obviously the person camping has no need for the MB they don't have to actually get in a room with a MB, And if you were an AP holder you would have your own access to FP etc

Just trying to figure out why people wouldn't rent their ressies for half price or something.

There are a few issues with this plan.

There are some things that you do need the MB for at Fort Wilderness -- most importantly, the BATHROOMS between midnight to 6:00. I mean, I guess if they were staying in a trailer/RV with a bathroom, this is less of an issue, but also you wouldn't be able to book the cheap tent sites as a throwaway. Also, you need to scan a MB to get in to the campground, or else check in at the gate booth. I guess the person could just say they're visiting or checking out the resort, but it would be a PITA, compared with just waving their wrist at the gate. We typically use Disney transportation when we stay at any other resort, but we drive A LOT when we stay at FW because it's way faster and easier to just drive your own vehicle that is parked RIGHT THERE at your site, than to navigate the internal resort transportation, and then Disney transportation.

The biggest issue is that most people wouldn't be interested in a one night campground reservation. If you're going to to to all the trouble to set up a tent or trailer, most people want to stay at least a couple days. It still might appeal to locals for a Saturday night stay, but that's limiting.

Ok I just booked a campsite for $59. My dates are 8/2-8/3. We have 6 day tickets with the water park and more fun option purchased thru Undercover Tourist.

1. I can check-in online without having to set foot at the campsite?
2. I can get EMH for 8/2 and 8/3. How will they know if you are eligible for EMH thru magic bands?
3. I get free parking for 8/2 and 8/3 also thru magic bands?
4. The magic bands get mailed 30 days outs from 8/2 but you can set them up before then?
5. I can start making FP reservations on June 3 for 8/2, June 4 for 8/3 and for the the rest of the 4 days beginning on June 5?

Is this all correct? Please let me know if anything is wrong with my thinking. Thanks.

One point on June 3 you should be able to make fast pass reservations for both 8/2 and 8/3 then June 5 for 8/4 etc. at least when I made my fast pass selections this is how it worked (well I'm only going for two days but I made both days reservations on the day it opened for me to make them)

One point on June 3 you should be able to make fast pass reservations for both 8/2 and 8/3 then June 5 for 8/4 etc. at least when I made my fast pass selections this is how it worked (well I'm only going for two days but I made both days reservations on the day it opened for me to make them)

Thanks for the tip. Since we are going to MK on 8/3 a day earlier to make FP can only help.

So I just book the cheapest option at FT. Wilderness- the tent and pop-up campsite? Also if I have 8 people in my party and we are driving 2 cars, will we be able to park both cars for free for two days or only one? This is a great option for us, especially with the magic bands since I'm the only one in my party who has one. Thanks for the tips!

So I just book the cheapest option at FT. Wilderness- the tent and pop-up campsite? Also if I have 8 people in my party and we are driving 2 cars, will we be able to park both cars for free for two days or only one? This is a great option for us, especially with the magic bands since I'm the only one in my party who has one. Thanks for the tips!

Book the cheapest option. As long as there is someone in each car that has an active magic band, you should be OK for 2 days (check-in and out days).

Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew about this sooner :(. Already within 30 days of my reservation so pointless at this point for me.

My "lovely" SIL does a throwaway room at Pop. I wonder if I should inform her she can do it cheaper at FW. But gee when I think about It I probably will not tell her. She goes so far as to buy a one day extra ticket for MK to get a third set of FP she normally has her room at the Poly or GF. She says she does this to save money. She goes down there for only 4 days instead of 7. I was thinking this year to do that for just Ak and Pandora. But then I looked at the cost for 4 people and said to myself NO! That is an extra $400 or more. I will just have to book another trip in the fall.LOL!

My "lovely" SIL does a throwaway room at Pop. I wonder if I should inform her she can do it cheaper at FW. But gee when I think about It I probably will not tell her. She goes so far as to buy a one day extra ticket for MK to get a third set of FP she normally has her room at the Poly or GF. She says she does this to save money. She goes down there for only 4 days instead of 7. I was thinking this year to do that for just Ak and Pandora. But then I looked at the cost for 4 people and said to myself NO! That is an extra $400 or more. I will just have to book another trip in the fall.LOL!

I'm confused what is the room at pop for if she is staying on site?

And I'm trying to get my head around buying an extra ticket to the magic kingdom for the fast passes... nope can't comprehend it... that's more then I'm willing to spend although if you have the money and go during peak season I guess it helps with lines?!?!

We have one night booked for our trip at Ft Wilderness in September. We're checking in Sunday and checkout Monday. We plan on going to MK on Sunday and have BOG reservations at 8:50am.
Will our parking be recognized on our magic bands that early in the morning the day we checkin?
Also, can we use our magic bands to charge both days or just until the checkout time?
Lastly, I never received a booklet in the mail after I booked the site. Do you normally receive the welcome booklet when staying at the campsite??

We have one night booked for our trip at Ft Wilderness in September. We're checking in Sunday and checkout Monday. We plan on going to MK on Sunday and have BOG reservations at 8:50am.
Will our parking be recognized on our magic bands that early in the morning the day we checkin?
Also, can we use our magic bands to charge both days or just until the checkout time?
Lastly, I never received a booklet in the mail after I booked the site. Do you normally receive the welcome booklet when staying at the campsite??
When completing online check-in, choose the earliest arrival time and everything will be activated prior to you reaching the park.

You can charge purchases using your MB up until midnight of your checkout day. :)

I have one little question to figure out. I have a Disney 5 day ticket that I was not necessarily going to use in 5 consecutive days. How would FPP work in that situation? We are in Orlando for 10 days. Would the remaining days open up at the 30 day mark if I did 3 days then took a couple days off? (Sorry if this has been explained)

I have one little question to figure out. I have a Disney 5 day ticket that I was not necessarily going to use in 5 consecutive days. How would FPP work in that situation? We are in Orlando for 10 days. Would the remaining days open up at the 30 day mark if I did 3 days then took a couple days off? (Sorry if this has been explained)

It's explained in the 1st post. Read the section on the rolling 60-day window. A 30-day window never applies to FP booking for a Throwaway Room.

When completing online check-in, choose the earliest arrival time and everything will be activated prior to you reaching the park.

You can charge purchases using your MB up until midnight of your checkout day. :)
So, just say I'm checking out on a Monday. I could go to the park all day Monday and still charge? Well, up until midnight when it would turn Tuesday....correct?

So, just say I'm checking out on a Monday. I could go to the park all day Monday and still charge? Well, up until midnight when it would turn Tuesday....correct?
Correct. I'm not sure what would happen if you were in AK until 1:00a. Always best to have a credit card or phone with Apple Pay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter