Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Splash Mountain retheme)

A late 2024 opening is making me slightly concerned TBH. It's reminding me of the retheme of Maelstrom to Frozen and how minimal those changes were. I know the track will remain the same so I'm guessing they will reuse some of the Splash animatronics or add more screens.

I love Princess and the Frog! So excited to see this refurbishment. Love Splash Mountain too, but so happy to see the rides get some love after feeling like they've been neglected for a while.

My daughter is so excited for this! I know we'll have to plan a trip for once it is open. I'm glad we got to experience Splash again so we have that memory, but updates are good too. I wonder when they will take it down though - with a late 2024 opening date, does it seem like it will go down during its normal maintenance time in 2023 and be down nearly 2 years?

I love Splash, and I'm sad to see it go, but this has the potential to be an AMAZING ride. I hope they go all in, not just a skimpy reskin. I also hope that it's basically the same in WDW and DL, because right now DL's Splash is a super sad, neglected version, while at WDW it's fantastic.

I’m excited! I love this concept art from Micechat, with mama Odies boat at the top
Of the big drop!

Attachments

• 0880FBA0-AB89-4CBB-930E-A436C6AF3F15.jpeg
    0880FBA0-AB89-4CBB-930E-A436C6AF3F15.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 22
My daughter is so excited for this! I know we'll have to plan a trip for once it is open. I'm glad we got to experience Splash again so we have that memory, but updates are good too. I wonder when they will take it down though - with a late 2024 opening date, does it seem like it will go down during its normal maintenance time in 2023 and be down nearly 2 years?
🤔
I wonder too if it has to do with having Toon Town open before it goes down too.

I love Splash, and I'm sad to see it go, but this has the potential to be an AMAZING ride. I hope they go all in, not just a skimpy reskin. I also hope that it's basically the same in WDW and DL, because right now DL's Splash is a super sad, neglected version, while at WDW it's fantastic.
It's not that better in WDW these days either unfortunately. I rode the WDW version in May and a noticeable amount of animatronics and effects were not working. They try to darken the not working animatronics but it's still noticeable especially in the Laughing Place scene. The Tokyo version, however, is incredible. It was so nice to see everything working as it should.

A late 2024 opening is making me slightly concerned TBH. It's reminding me of the retheme of Maelstrom to Frozen and how minimal those changes were. I know the track will remain the same so I'm guessing they will reuse some of the Splash animatronics or add more screens.
What I've heard circulated a lot is that they announced this in June 2020, and they've done a lot offsite work in the interim between now and then, aka building set pieces and animatronics. So they won't need to do a lot of onsite building of a most of this.

It's like they've given up on servicing what is there already. We rode a couple of weeks ago and the turtles that float on the streams of water were just sitting on the pipes sticking up and the Braer Rabbit stuck in the honey animatronic was gone completely. I don't recall seeing the streams of water that shoot over the flume either. To name a few, I'm sure there are many more...

What I've heard circulated a lot is that they announced this in June 2020, and they've done a lot offsite work in the interim between now and then, aka building set pieces and animatronics. So they won't need to do a lot of onsite building of a most of this.
I hope that's the case but I'm taking rumors with a grain of salt. There is still a decent amount of work to be done with the queue, gift shops, playground and bathrooms even if they have been working on the set pieces + animatronics already. Judging from the concept art, it looks like some of the animatronics from Splash are going to be reused. Personally I'm fine with the retheme as long as it isn't mostly screen based.

I hope that's the case but I'm taking rumors with a grain of salt. There is still a decent amount of work to be done with the queue, gift shops, playground and bathrooms even if they have been working on the set pieces + animatronics already. Judging from the concept art, it looks like some of the animatronics from Splash are going to be reused. Personally I'm fine with the retheme as long as it isn't mostly screen based.
Oh, you're talking about World. Sorry thought you mean Disneyland since this is on the Disneyland forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter