Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Splash Mountain retheme)

I almost wonder if they put it off at DLR due to the number of ride breakdowns we've been seeing... maybe they need all the uptime they can get? :rolleyes1

I almost wonder if they put it off at DLR due to the number of ride breakdowns we've been seeing... maybe they need all the uptime they can get? :rolleyes1
I heard it speculated that Splash needs to stay running until MMRR is up to full capacity. That might push the closure into February.

The whole entire week I was there Mid November the wait time didn't go past 10mins, I walked on three times and had a log to myself each time.
Splash is my fav ride, Brer Rabbit and the gang are childhood favourites of mine, that being said, I like Tiana - I don't love Princess and the Frog, I'm not a big fan of the movie, but it's ok.

I am excited to see what they do with the ride, my main issues aren't with the DL version they are with WDW - the theme doesn't fit the land it's in.

As for "Critter Country" I fear for that, all that's left is Pooh Corner. And I'm also sad I'll never see Brer Rabbit at the Disney Parks ever again :(

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely understand the reasoning behind retheming. I just have issues adjusting to change! I didn't even realize it was based off Song of the South until I was in college. But yeah...not the best choice and pretty odd.

You're right, there are so many great opportunities I hope they take advantage of! The exterior will definitely be a shock (but lets hope in a good way).
The reason why you didn't know it was based off Song of the South, is because it really isn't!
The ride has almost nothing to do with the movie except both have Brer Rabbit in it.
Brer Rabbit is in a LOT of books, I've still got them from my Childhood.

It's just a ride about a bunch of critters finding their happy place - nothing to do with anything the movie is about.

All I saw were people of different ages, races and sizes coming off with a huge grin on their faces.
I don't know why we needed to change that??
It was a HUGELY popular ride - they better do one heck of a job with the re-theme to destroy such a popular attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter