Ticket and travel advice please

marlouwrig

Mouseketeer
We are travelling to California for the very first time this year and will staying in DLH for just 5 nights, and this is the only time we will spend in this area.

I have just received an e-mail from Universal offering the Southern California Citypass for $199. This includes 3 day park hopper for Disney and one day passes for Universal Hollywood, Seaworld and San Diego Zoo. My questions are:

1) Is this good value or is there a better option? As well as Disney we would like to visit Universal and possibly San Diego Zoo.

2) We are not driving. What options would we have for getting to Universal Hollywood and San Diego from Disney.

Hopefully someone here has some experience of this. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Costco.com was selling the city pass for $179. I dont see it on there this morning, they might be out. If you are a member you might check with your local store. In general, if you plan on visiting all or some of those places city pass is a pretty good deal.

For transportation you might try www.airportbus.com They are opperated by grayline, and offer tour packages. I think the prices on the site are with admission to the various places. YOu might need to call them to get price for just transportation. You might also consider renting a car. Its usually pretty cheap in that area. We just had a car from Thursday- Monday for $45- unlimited miles. It was a small car (Saturn Ion) but it worked fine for our family of 5.

We did the pass in June it included Knotts before they switched it to US that would have been great as Knotts was a little like six flags we go to all the time.

But yes it is worth it and just get a small rental as above poster suggested a small car is better in L.A. to get in and out of traffic.

It would be pushing it but you could do the Bus tour and some things at the Zoo and spend the evening at Sea World in 1 day.

Thanks both for your replies. Unfortunately renting a car is not an option for us so we would be depending on other means of transport.

Is it feasible to get a taxi or town car service from Disney to Universal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter