Ticket expire date extension?

cindy17

Mouseketeer
My son and his GF have DL tickets purchased from a third party pre covid. Last I heard, new expire date was 12/16/21. Has this been extended at all? They are booked off site to go June, 2022. Just wondering if their only option is to extend their tix when they arrive at guest services (we’re from Jersey, so it can’t happen prior to that) and make park reservations at that time. That’s the most concerning. That they’ll travel cross country to DL without park reservations 😳

If the original expiry was 12/20, then I don't think those were extended again past 12/21. I'm going from memory here as we had a set of those tickets but were able to use them prior to that date (no issues with reservations, etc). Hopefully someone will correct me if they were extended again. The announcements are still out there on the Disney Parks Blogs, etc.

If they are expired, I would not wait until visiting the resort to get new tickets and secure reservations. I would start with the third-party vendor; hopefully it wasn't LMTC as they no longer sell them. We were able to contact our vendor and exchange tickets with Maxpass for then-current tickets, even adding a day. So hopefully all vendors have that ability. It was very painless, they did a great job.

If no luck there, I would call Disney and see if they can reissue tickets so you can secure reservations once they are open for June. :thumbsup2

I had pre-rona tickets purchased in December 2019. They "expired" and disappeared from the app / my account at the end of Dec. 2021. I'll use its value one day.

If the original expiry was 12/20, then I don't think those were extended again past 12/21. I'm going from memory here as we had a set of those tickets but were able to use them prior to that date (no issues with reservations, etc). Hopefully someone will correct me if they were extended again. The announcements are still out there on the Disney Parks Blogs, etc.

If they are expired, I would not wait until visiting the resort to get new tickets and secure reservations. I would start with the third-party vendor; hopefully it wasn't LMTC as they no longer sell them. We were able to contact our vendor and exchange tickets with Maxpass for then-current tickets, even adding a day. So hopefully all vendors have that ability. It was very painless, they did a great job.

If no luck there, I would call Disney and see if they can reissue tickets so you can secure reservations once they are open for June. :thumbsup2
Agree. It’s very stressful to go without park res. I’ll call third party again to see if they can help now that expire date has passed. I did that about 6 months ago and even though they still sell them, they couldn’t help. Disney couldn’t either. But I’ll keep trying. My husband and I were at DL in September and we were able to get credit for max pass portion on their tickets but couldn’t help with updating tickets being that it was prior to 12/20/21

I didn't want to create another thread about Tickets, so I figured I'd add it here.

Given the significant increase in COVID infections, I'm a little worried about visiting DL in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to the trip, so I'm 85% sure that we will still go and just risk it while wearing masks and all. But my Wife is a little concerned and brought up the question about cancelling the trip.

If push comes to shove and we decide not to go, NEARLY everything is refundable or I can get a credit for cancelling the trip. The only exception that I am unsure about is the Disneyland and Disney California Single Park tickets that I purchased directly through the Disneyland website ( not promotional tickets nor through any Disneyland Vacation Package ).

But does Disneyland give any considerations for visitors that may want to cancel their trip due to COVID concerns and therefore ask for a Refund or Credit for the Disneyland Tickets?

I always thought that Disneyland Tickets are simply non-refundable, so I'm expecting the answer to be "nope". But I wanted to double check just to be sure so that I know that I have that option in my back pocket ( just in case something happens, like one of us getting sick ).

I didn't want to create another thread about Tickets, so I figured I'd add it here.

Given the significant increase in COVID infections, I'm a little worried about visiting DL in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to the trip, so I'm 85% sure that we will still go and just risk it while wearing masks and all. But my Wife is a little concerned and brought up the question about cancelling the trip.

If push comes to shove and we decide not to go, NEARLY everything is refundable or I can get a credit for cancelling the trip. The only exception that I am unsure about is the Disneyland and Disney California Single Park tickets that I purchased directly through the Disneyland website ( not promotional tickets nor through any Disneyland Vacation Package ).

But does Disneyland give any considerations for visitors that may want to cancel their trip due to COVID concerns and therefore ask for a Refund or Credit for the Disneyland Tickets?

I always thought that Disneyland Tickets are simply non-refundable, so I'm expecting the answer to be "nope". But I wanted to double check just to be sure so that I know that I have that option in my back pocket ( just in case something happens, like one of us getting sick ).
The tickets are good forever. You’d just Hv to pay price increase, if any, when u do decide to go. I’m not 100 percent certain but I don’t think they give refunds

We bought tickets through Disneyland online back in 2019 for a 2020 trip. That was cancelled twice over the last two years. I called a few times over the past few months and was given varying instructions which led me to allow the tickets to fully expire on Dec 16, 2021. This was evidently the wrong thing to do, but I had kept good records and explained who gave me wrong info and when. Because I bought them directly from Disney and they were the ones who closed the park, I just this week got new tickets and a refund on the old tickets (confirmed by my bank today). The only reason they could do this is because THEY we're the ones who sold them to me. The process was as follows:
1) I called Disneyland and asked about a refund.
2)once I was told "no" I asked to escalate the request and was sent to a supervisor.
3)I explained the situation to the Sup. and she authorized a refund AFTER she saw online that I purchased 3 new tickets from them while I was on the phone call. (She walked me through that process)
4) I have now confirmed the refund and I can see three valid tickets in the app.

Whew!! Now I will make park reservations for our May trip in just a few weeks.

I will bet that DL will decline the OPs request for refund because it was not DL that sold them the tickets. They probably can't see online what tickets you have and therefore can't invalidate them and reissue new ones. They will probably tell you to buy new tickets now (so you can make park reservations) and come to the ticket counter once you are there to swap the expired tickets out and use those new, reissued tickets next year.

But for all of you who, like me, had tickets direct from DL.com that expired during Covid-- there is hope!

Good luck to everyone!

I’ve been in this nightmare for 2 years now! Bought tickets 1/3/2020 through last minute travel (Never again!!!!) for our March 2020 trip.
I asked for a refund November 2020. They said yes but I never got my money. We assumed they just never refunded and we decided to try to just go again this year but couldn’t get my tickets in my app. You have to have tickets in the app to make a reservation. I called Disneyland and they said the company needs to reissue us tickets with a new expiration date. Disney extended tickets to 12/22 or 12/23, I can’t remember. LMT, which is hotel beds, only communicate through email, which is very frustrating. I eventually got an email saying they did refund my tickets and won’t help me anymore. So now I’m filing a dispute with my credit card. My credit card wanted proof and emails and I got that to them but now I’m just waiting on them to decide if I get my money back or not. It’s $1600!
If we decide to go to Disneyland again I will buy directly through Disneyland. I wanted to save a little money so went third party but it has been such a disaster it wasn’t worth the savings.

We bought tickets through Disneyland online back in 2019 for a 2020 trip. That was cancelled twice over the last two years. I called a few times over the past few months and was given varying instructions which led me to allow the tickets to fully expire on Dec 16, 2021. This was evidently the wrong thing to do, but I had kept good records and explained who gave me wrong info and when. Because I bought them directly from Disney and they were the ones who closed the park, I just this week got new tickets and a refund on the old tickets (confirmed by my bank today). The only reason they could do this is because THEY we're the ones who sold them to me. The process was as follows:
1) I called Disneyland and asked about a refund.
2)once I was told "no" I asked to escalate the request and was sent to a supervisor.
3)I explained the situation to the Sup. and she authorized a refund AFTER she saw online that I purchased 3 new tickets from them while I was on the phone call. (She walked me through that process)
4) I have now confirmed the refund and I can see three valid tickets in the app.

Whew!! Now I will make park reservations for our May trip in just a few weeks.

I will bet that DL will decline the OPs request for refund because it was not DL that sold them the tickets. They probably can't see online what tickets you have and therefore can't invalidate them and reissue new ones. They will probably tell you to buy new tickets now (so you can make park reservations) and come to the ticket counter once you are there to swap the expired tickets out and use those new, reissued tickets next year.

But for all of you who, like me, had tickets direct from DL.com that expired during Covid-- there is hope!

Good luck to everyone!
Yes agree with everything u said. Disneyland can’t extend expire date via phone because they are third party purchase. Only way can be done is at guest services window. If we were locals this would not be a big deal but we’re not. If it weren’t for this damn reservation system, this would be a non issue. Third party can’t help me either with a refund or credit because too much time has passed

Disney extended tickets to 12/22 or 12/23, I can’t remember
Disney extended tickets to 12/22 or 12/23, I can’t remember
So Disney DID extend your tickets from your third party? That’s all I need, just so they can make park reservation. Not asking for refund. Just curious if I understood u correctly. Was told this needed to be done in person at guest services

I’ll try calling Disney again … I’m persistent! But worse case scenario they Hv to wait til they arrive in Anaheim June 10 to change tix date and make park reservations, there’s a block on two of the APs so maybe more reservations open for regular ticket guests. One can hope.

I had 3rd party tickets, and I found that they were a lot more willing to refund my tickets when I told them I would buy other tickets. In my case, I bought WDW tickets and got my DL tickets refunded. Of course, this was a year ago when DL was still closed, so it might be that too much time has passed, but it might be worth asking the 3rd party if it's a possibility to refund and buy replacements. The way DL has treated those who held on to tickets, is in my opinion, entirely crappy.

Everyone who is calling Disneyland about this, what time or day are you calling? I have 3 two-day tickets that I need to change to three-day tickets, and every time I call (about a dozen times now over the past couple of weeks), I get the message that the phone lines are too busy, and I should use the chat function in the app. I then go and do that, and never hear back on the chat. I'm like, Disney, please take my money!

i gave many many times. It says my tickets are already linked but will not show up on the app. I did everything to try. When I called Disney they said they disappeared because they expired.

I purchased my tickets early 2020, expecting to visit in March 2020. Purchased from LMTC. They expired Dec 17, 2021. When I called sometime in November, I was told there wasn't anything they could do because I purchased through a 3rd party. The agent I spoke with thought perhaps the expiration would be extended. If not, she said I could upgrade at the ticket office.

However, I was able to make reservations for March 2022 using these tickets. I keep checking the app and the website, and my tickets and reservations are still there. I expect that I will need to go to the ticket office to upgrade these tickets before entering the park.

I purchased my tickets early 2020, expecting to visit in March 2020. Purchased from LMTC. They expired Dec 17, 2021. When I called sometime in November, I was told there wasn't anything they could do because I purchased through a 3rd party. The agent I spoke with thought perhaps the expiration would be extended. If not, she said I could upgrade at the ticket office.

However, I was able to make reservations for March 2022 using these tickets. I keep checking the app and the website, and my tickets and reservations are still there. I expect that I will need to go to the ticket office to upgrade these tickets before entering the park.
Wow interesting that you were still able to make reservations even though ur tickets expired. You said u expect to still need to upgrade tix before entering park. Do u think Disney will notify you of this if u tried to go through turnstile?

My wife is having serious reservations about flying to LA and visiting DL in the coming week due to the recent COVID outbreaks.

I purchased the tickets directly through the Disneyland website ( so no 3rd Party purchase ). It sounds like we don't have to use it for the days that we are currently planning on going and can use it at a later date ( hopefully ) when the current COVID wave of infections subsides.

Is that correct?

Since we have reservations, is there anything that we need to specifically do to make sure that the tickets can be re-used on a later date ( like call Disneyland itself and inform them that we want to change it to another date )?

I want to be sure that if I cancel this upcoming trip ( in favor of a later date ) that we can re-use the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter