Ticket Format?

33RPM

Earning My Ears
What is the ticket format at Universal? Paper tickets? The Universal app? Something else?

I made hotel and ticket reservations the other day for an October trip but it didn’t say anything about receiving my tickets. When and where do I get my tickets?

I am used to Disney and this is my first trip to Universal since Islands of Adventure opened so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you!

Do you have a confirmation email? If the email doesn’t state how you’re receiving your ticket I would call Universal with the confirmation number and ask.

If you have ticket questions make sure you call Universal, not the hotel even if you reserved together. The hotels (while on-site) are Loews hotels, not Universal, they don’t have access to your ticket info.

We purchase AP’s and I haven’t purchased tickets since digital delivery became a thing (approx 12 years) but I’ll bump the thread.

All the onsite hotels have a ticket desk where you can pick up the tickets (credit card size durable paper). You can also add them to the Universal App.

What is the ticket format at Universal? Paper tickets? The Universal app? Something else?

I made hotel and ticket reservations the other day for an October trip but it didn’t say anything about receiving my tickets. When and where do I get my tickets?

I am used to Disney and this is my first trip to Universal since Islands of Adventure opened so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you!
As @CAPSLOCK said, you’ll get a good paper ticket when you get to guest services. Take a pic of your ticket barcode with your phone and/or scan it in to the mobile app in case you lose the paper ticket or or it gets damaged.

We keep the physical tickets handy for the rides with the lockers. Your ticket or room key opens the lockers and you can’t take your phone on Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket or Velocicoaster.

If you are staying at a premier hotel Hard Rock, Portofino, or Royal Pacific in addition to getting your ticket at guest services your room key has your unlimited express pass. We got lanyards for our November trip and had the ticket bar code facing out one way and the room key bar code facing out the other way to make it easier to scan.

Thank you all for the replies. I am glad to know I’ll get physical tickets at guest services. I needed a suite to sleep all of us so we will be staying at Endless Summer Dockside.

Sounds like I’ll have to get lanyards before we go. The lockers at the big rides will be very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter