• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question... I plan on upgrading to an annual pass at Guest Services in Epcot once i get there.
1. Is there anything I will need to do in MDE in order for it to know I have an annual pass now or
2. should I be all set once they finish the upgrade?

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

Yes. Buy a ticket from one of the discounters that has the MOST SAVINGS over buying it full-price from Disney.
When you arrive at WDW, go to any Guest Relations outside a park or at Disney Springs and upgrade
the ticket to an AP.
How to figure the cost of upgrading can be found HERE.

Then, at the same Guest Relations, you can buy the TIW card.

Sorry, me again.
There is a good offer for discounted tickets for Canadians on the Disney site. Will I be able to upgrade from that or would I lose any advantage because I would be buying from Disney directly?
Thank you!

Sorry, me again.
There is a good offer for discounted tickets for Canadians on the Disney site. Will I be able to upgrade from that or would I lose any advantage because I would be buying from Disney directly?
Thank you!

You're correct.
There is no "price-bridging" advantage when upgrading if you buy from Disney.

@Robo just a follow-up, and to anyone else following along. I called the number you provided and the CM checked the math and came up with exactly what I did. He said he traced what the CM did and has no idea what she did or why. So, he is crediting my card the difference, and he said he added some FP's to my account because the CM messed things up so badly. I sort of have to agree - that receipt was super strange and her numbers didn't make any sense.

Thanks so much for this great thread Robo, and for always taking the time to give accurate advice.

An "upgrade" is defined by Disney as trading from one ticket to another ticket that "costs MORE" than the original ticket.
Glad to hear that this is still an option! So I was just looking at the prices and I'm not sure if I'm understanding it correctly, but it looks like since I purchased my package in Oct. 2017 (it was a bounceback offer), my ticket value is last year's price? If that is true, my 4-day PH is valued at $425 pretax and I can upgrade it to a 9-day base ticket which is currently priced at $435 pretax?

Will be going in November 23 check in check out 24th with check back in thru the 30th with the Free Dinning promo and check back in on the 30th with one night stay. We got 8 day with park hopper tickets. Me and DH want to upgrade to AP when there since we are planning on next year doing a couple of short trips and doing another long trip in November with us checking in the week of Thanksgiving and checking out the Sat after Thanksgiving. Can we upgrade our tickets to AP or do we have to use them as is for the Free dinning Promo?

I have a question I am hoping someone knows the answer to, not sure if I should get our travel agent on this.
I am Canadian and am hoping to purchase the Canadian discounted tickets. There is a hitch. There is a blackout that covers Jan.1. That is going to be our first day in the parks. We will be purchasing 6 day park tickets. Do you think they will let me purchase 6 days worth but charge me a higher price for the 1 ticket day. Or are they going to make me purchase a one day ticket at a one day ticket price (ouch) and 5 days of discounted tickets. If it is the latter it may not be worth the discount (there are five of us in the party) Thanks for any insight.

Will be going in November 23 check in check out 24th with check back in thru the 30th with the Free Dinning promo and check back in on the 30th with one night stay. We got 8 day with park hopper tickets. Me and DH want to upgrade to AP when there since we are planning on next year doing a couple of short trips and doing another long trip in November with us checking in the week of Thanksgiving and checking out the Sat after Thanksgiving. Can we upgrade our tickets to AP or do we have to use them as is for the Free dinning Promo?
You can upgrade to AP with no Free Dining package problems at all.
Have fun!

@Robo just a follow-up, and to anyone else following along. I called the number you provided and the CM checked the math and came up with exactly what I did. He said he traced what the CM did and has no idea what she did or why. So, he is crediting my card the difference, and he said he added some FP's to my account because the CM messed things up so badly. I sort of have to agree - that receipt was super strange and her numbers didn't make any sense.

Thanks so much for this great thread Robo, and for always taking the time to give accurate advice.
So glad this worked out!
Happy I could help.
Thanks for reporting back.

I have a question I am hoping someone knows the answer to, not sure if I should get our travel agent on this.
I am Canadian and am hoping to purchase the Canadian discounted tickets. There is a hitch. There is a blackout that covers Jan.1. That is going to be our first day in the parks. We will be purchasing 6 day park tickets. Do you think they will let me purchase 6 days worth but charge me a higher price for the 1 ticket day. Or are they going to make me purchase a one day ticket at a one day ticket price (ouch) and 5 days of discounted tickets. If it is the latter it may not be worth the discount (there are five of us in the party) Thanks for any insight.
You can always “ask nicely,” but I think the blackout may be a problem for you. Maybe just not go into a park that day.
See a show??? Hoop Dee Doo??

Ok, so we purchased the 4 day FL resident tickets but now I’m thinking we should have just done the FL Silver AP. If we decide to upgrade our tickets before entering the parks we have $976 in value of our tickets. The down payment for the FL silver pass is $500. Will they apply the full $976 towards the AP and then our payments per month will be lower on the remaining balance?

Last edited:
Ok, so we purchased the 4 day FL resident tickets but now I’m thinking we should have just done the FL Silver AP. If we decide to upgrade our tickets before entering the parks we have $976 in value of our tickets. The down payment for the FL silver pass is $500. Will they apply the full $976 towards the AP and then our payments per month will be lower on the remaining balance?

I'm not a FL resident, but that's how I understand it to work.

Glad to hear that this is still an option! So I was just looking at the prices and I'm not sure if I'm understanding it correctly, but it looks like
1. since I purchased my package in Oct. 2017 (it was a bounceback offer), my ticket value is last year's price?
If that is true,
2. my 4-day PH is valued at $425 pretax and
3. I can upgrade it to a 9-day base ticket which is currently priced at $435 pretax?

1. Likely so.
2. Yes. ($452.63 w/tax)
3. Yes. ($463.28 w/tax)

Cost to upgrade = $10.65 w/tax

Price bridging question (and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread already!) I want to add a day to a ticket purchased from a third party. The ticket is a 5-day hopper that was sold by the third party under a "buy 4 days, get 1 day free" promotion. The ticket shows up in MDE as a 5-day ticket. I'm assuming that when I add a day to the ticket, I'll bridge from the price of a 5-day hopper ticket, even though I bought it as a "buy 4, get 1" free ticket?

Price bridging question (and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread already!) I want to add a day to a ticket purchased from a third party. The ticket is a 5-day hopper that was sold by the third party under a "buy 4 days, get 1 day free" promotion. The ticket shows up in MDE as a 5-day ticket. I'm assuming that when I add a day to the ticket, I'll bridge from the price of a 5-day hopper ticket, even though I bought it as a "buy 4, get 1" free ticket?

It actually IS just a regular 5-Day ticket (sold at the price of a 4-day ticket.)
The "4 days, plus One Day Free" is only advertising wordage.

Complicated ticket question.

My family of 4 are current AP holders with an expiration of Oct 31st. I am going to WDW Oct 27-30 with one of my daughters, so we will be covered for tickets on that trip. My entire family of 4 is coming to WDW Dec 1-8, but because our 2019 trip is part of a free dining package I am only planning on upgrading one of our APs. I also have an unused 4-day hopper ticket that I would like to apply to the 1 AP I am renewing.

My main question is:

Since my fast pass window is before the expiration date of my AP, and I will not be able to apply the 4-day ticket to the renewal until I am there in person Oct 27th, will I be able to make my fast pass reservations for my Dec 1-9 trip for all of the people who have AP currently on October 1st?

My next question would be: If I can’t book my fast passes with the APs that will be expiring can I book 4 days of the FPs with the ticket I have and just purchase a separate 2-day ticket for that person. (2 Of the other people will have APs and the 3rd will have a stand-alone 6-day ticket).

Thanks for any help,

I was reading through the sticky's but I'm wondering if there is a way to buy discounted tickets that are entered into MDE so that we do not have to wait on any lines with guest services? I saw discounted tickets through Orlando Reserve using touring plans but I'm open to anywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter