I booked a swan and dolphin package through Costco before the ticket price increase. I have two 6 day base tickets. I would like to upgrade to park hoppers. The website is quoting me 257.00. Is this accurate it seems high. Basically 120.00 per ticket plus tax.
Hoppers now cost $85, plus you are being hit with the price increase. So, yeah, unfortunately that sounds about right.

Enjoy your vacation!

The difference between the base ticket and park hopper on the Disney world website is 181.00, They want to charge me the 257.00 to upgrade I'm guessing the extra 75.00 dollars is the price increase? The question I guess is will it be less money to upgrade at guest services. On the Costco site, the difference is only 145.00. I'm not sure I can still upgrade through Costco though.

Hoppers now cost $85, plus you are being hit with the price increase. So, yeah, unfortunately that sounds about right.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but wondering if I can get the 85.00 dollars upgrading at guest services.

On the Costco site, the difference is only 145.00. I'm not sure I can still upgrade through Costco though.
No, you cannot upgrade through Costco once the ticket is purchased.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but wondering if I can get the 85.00 dollars upgrading at guest services.
You can ask. But that would mean that you would be granted the current value of your ticket, which you said was purchased prior to the price increase. WDW doesn't price-bridge "older" stock tickets to current price anymore, they hit you with the price increase as well. So yes, you can ask for the $85 hopper price but be prepared if they insist on charging the full upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!

No, you cannot upgrade through Costco once the ticket is purchased.

You can ask. But that would mean that you would be granted the current value of your ticket, which you said was purchased prior to the price increase. WDW doesn't price-bridge "older" stock tickets to current price anymore, they hit you with the price increase as well. So yes, you can ask for the $85 hopper price but be prepared if they insist on charging the full upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!
Dang, that's a lot for park hoppers. My bad for not getting the park hoppers. originally. I didn't think I would need them until I started doing the fast passes today.

I have a random ticket/MDE question. I’m going to WDW from May 1-May 9 with 7 day hoppers, booked a package directly through Disney. I just looked at my tickets on MDE and they say “valid 5/10/20”. Is that normal or is that a problem that it doesn’t say 5/1/20? I’m nervous, bc my FP day is tomorrow!

I’m going to WDW from May 1-May 9 with 7 day hoppers, booked a package directly through Disney. I just looked at my tickets on MDE and they say “valid 5/10/20”. Is that normal or is that a problem that it doesn’t say 5/1/20? I’m nervous, bc my FP day is tomorrow!

It's normal.
That is the last date those tickets are valid.

Hope you get the FPs you want.

Sort of a strange question here--upgraded the family's 10 day PH tix to platinum APs over Christmas last year--I know the AP should be backdated to the 1st day we used the tix, which did happen with 2 of us, however the other 4 seem to have vouchers on MDE--the expiration day is 12/31/30--anyone ever see this happen before?

Sort of a strange question here--upgraded the family's 10 day PH tix to platinum APs over Christmas last year--I know the AP should be backdated to the 1st day we used the tix, which did happen with 2 of us, however the other 4 seem to have vouchers on MDE--the expiration day is 12/31/30--anyone ever see this happen before?
Until you know otherwise, I'd assume it to be one of the plentiful GLITCHES the MDX software exhibits.

(BTW, check both the website and the App.)

Until you know otherwise, I'd assume it to be one of the plentiful GLITCHES the MDX software exhibits.

(BTW, check both the website and the App.)
Yeah, consistent on both right now but I agree--you never know what tomorrow will bring

Sorry for the barrage of questions.... I *think* I know the answers but I'm worried something will go wrong so I wanted to ask the experts!

My oldest daughter and my son and I are going to Disney World in May. My son and I have APs. He and I went last August and I booked a free dining bounceback package for the three of us this May/June.
1) Since he and I have tickets, I want to be sure that if we do not use our tickets that are date based, they will stay "somewhere" in the system so we can apply that value to tickets we purchased at some time later.
2) When I booked the package right before I checked out, i just paid for 4 day hoppers, knowing that my son and I have APs. My daughter has an AP voucher booked to her name (not activated yet) so I *think* she will be able to book the 7 days of FP when our window opens, 60 days prior to check in. Is that correct, or will it limit her to 4 days since she has a 4 day hopper? (My son and I should have 7 days since we are onsite longer than that, correct?)
3) If this wasn't confusing enough, when we went in August we also had a free dining package and 7 day park hoppers we did not use for my son and I. Can "the system" see those expired tickets? Will that cause any issues in the future if we have those plus another 4 day ticket in the system? At some point in the future will I be able to pay the cost to upgrade those expired tickets to the dates I am going, once my AP has expired?
4) Once onsite, can I upgrade my daughter's 4 day hopper to 7 days at the resort? I don't want to upgrade us all since my son and I have an AP.

I've booked a backup ressie with the AP discount so I don't have to mess with the confusion that the free dining package causes, but my kids REALLY liked having all the extra snacks at the end of the trip so I"m trying to weigh out my options.

Thank you for helping me decide what to do!

Christine

Sorry for the barrage of questions.... I *think* I know the answers but I'm worried something will go wrong so I wanted to ask the experts!

My oldest daughter and my son and I are going to Disney World in May. My son and I have APs. He and I went last August and I booked a free dining bounceback package for the three of us this May/June.
1) Since he and I have tickets, I want to be sure that if we do not use our tickets that are date based, they will stay "somewhere" in the system so we can apply that value to tickets we purchased at some time later.
2a) When I booked the package right before I checked out, i just paid for 4 day hoppers, knowing that my son and I have APs.
My daughter has an AP voucher booked to her name (not activated yet) so I *think* she will be able to book the 7 days of FP when our window opens, 60 days prior to check in.
2b) Is that correct,
2c) or will it limit her to 4 days since she has a 4 day hopper?
2d) (My son and I should have 7 days since we are onsite longer than that, correct?)
3a) If this wasn't confusing enough, when we went in August we also had a free dining package and 7 day park hoppers we did not use for my son and I.
3b) Can "the system" see those expired tickets?
3c) Will that cause any issues in the future if we have those plus another 4 day ticket in the system?
3d) At some point in the future will I be able to pay the cost to upgrade those expired tickets to the dates I am going, once my AP has expired?
4) Once onsite, can I upgrade my daughter's 4 day hopper to 7 days at the resort? I don't want to upgrade us all since my son and I have an AP.

5) I've booked a backup ressie with the AP discount so I don't have to mess with the confusion that the free dining package causes, but my kids REALLY liked having all the extra snacks at the end of the trip so I"m trying to weigh out my options.

1) They will.
2a) She (and you and your son) will be able to book as many days of FP as you have booked at the resort.
2b) Nope.
2c) Nope.
2d) She and you and your son will be able to book as many days of FP as you have booked at the resort.
3a) OK.
3b) Yes.
3c) Nope.
3d) Yes.
4) Yes. (So, I guess you do not intend to activate her AP certificate on this trip.)
You may be able to upgrade her ticket ahead of time (as early as right now?) via your MDX account.
5) That's easy. Buy 'em snacks. (It's likely far cheaper than the dining plan.)

NOTE:
Before you go to any park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have your and your son's APs set to the highest priority in your MDX account. The APs will then be used at the park gates and not your resort tickets.
If you have not done so earlier, when you are at Guest Relations you can also upgrade your daughter's ticket.

Last edited:
1) They will.
2a) She (and you and your son) will be able to book as many days of FP as you have booked at the resort.
2b) Nope.
2c) Nope.
2d) She and you and your son will be able to book as many days of FP as you have booked at the resort.
3a) OK.
3b) Yes.
3c) Nope.
3d) Yes.
4) Yes. (So, I guess you do not intend to activate her AP certificate on this trip.)
You may be able to upgrade her ticket ahead of time (as early as right now?) via your MDX account.
5) That's easy. Buy 'em snacks. (It's likely far cheaper than the dining plan.)

NOTE:
Before you go to any park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have your and your son's APs set to the highest priority in your MDX account. The APs will then be used at the park gates and not your resort tickets.
If you have not done so earlier, when you are at Guest Relations you can also upgrade your daughter's ticket.

Thank you, Robo!
And to clarify, I bought 3 AP vouchers from Sams last year and randomly assigned one to my daughter so no, she will not be using the AP. I will likely reassign it to my husband on our next family trip.

As to the snacks, I'll keep crunching the numbers. At the end of our last trip we had over 100 snacks left (for a family of 6) and that last night of shopping at Goofys was likely one of my kids most memorable moment. We spread them all over the bed and took a picture and had a good laugh at the sheer amount of food we had. Darn it Disney, overriding my decent financial sense with so many emotions.

Thanks again, Robo!

Disney is now offering a discounted 4-day "Magic Ticket." The cost starts at $338.77 for an adult ticket, or $84.69 per day--a fabulous per-day price.

Currently we have 3-day park tickets for our trip at the end of March, purchased through WDW (I know this wasn't the most economical way to do it--long story there). Do you think if I called that they would give us the option to change our 3-day full price ticket to this 4-day discounted ticket? I calculated that for our family of 4, the difference would only be about $70 total.

Another question is whether this kind of change (if even possible) would affect our existing FP's.

Thanks for all advice!

1. Do you think if I called that they would give us the option to change our 3-day full price ticket to this 4-day discounted ticket?

2. Another question is whether this kind of change (if even possible) would affect our existing FP's.
1. You won't know unless you try.
2. No affect.

Question: I purchased AP in Feb while at WDW. We have an existing trip planned for June with my mom, who does not have an AP. We also have magic bands from our trip in Feb, but she does not have one. Right now we have two rooms reserved with one of my kids in the room with her, and the other one with me. She has tried to order her MB, but can't do it as it is trying to force her to order one for my DD (who has one from our last trip). When you get an AP, do you NEED to order another MB? I confess I have just kept getting new ones each year, but this seems silly as we JUST were there! Do I need to do anything to ensure that the MB work for our June trip? It seems a little confusing to me.

can the special 4 day magic park ticket be upgraded on the 4th day to add another day?

can the special 4 day magic park ticket be upgraded on the 4th day to add another day?

Not in the same way you can add another day to a regular 4 day non-hopper ticket. What would happen is your 4 park magic ticket would be upgraded to a 5 day non-hopper ticket, and you'd pay the difference in cost between those two tickets.

A point of clarification: it's not a 4 day ticket, it's a 4 PARK ticket, you can only use it for one entry into each park (which many people use by visiting one park per day) - but you can choose to enter two parks in the same day if you wanted - it would be a waste of the ticket in my opinion, but the only restriction on the ticket is that you can only enter each park once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter