I've been on hold for an hour with Disney, so thought I'd give my question a try here:

I bought tickets for my kids Dec 28-Jan 2, however when I bought them online, it would not let me buy a 6 day ticket - it made me buy a 4 day ticket for 2020, and a 2 day ticket for 2021, making me pay a lot more than if I could just buy a 6 day ticket.

At this point, I want to add 2 days to the existing 4 day ticket (way cheaper than the original 2 day ticket). I will use the funds from the 2 day ticket for another ticket in the future.

My question is - when my kids tap into the park on Jan 1st, the essentially have 2 tickets. Will the system know to use the 6 day ticket, and not the separate 2 day ticket? I am afraid of wires getting crossed, and Disney thinking we used the 2 day ticket.

Any thoughts?

if your 2 day ticket is for 2021 it “should” know. I personally would stop at guest relations before tapping into the park the first time and have them prioritize your tickets so there is no chance of it happening.

if your 2 day ticket is for 2021 it “should” know. I personally would stop at guest relations before tapping into the park the first time and have them prioritize your tickets so there is no chance of it happening.
Thanks! They actually ended up refunding me the full amount for the 2 day ticket - I didn't think they would allow that. Just for comparison - adding the 2 days to the existing ticket only cost $36, and I was refunded $530 for the 2 day ticket (total for my 2 kids)! Crazy how they get you with the additional days!!

Thanks! They actually ended up refunding me the full amount for the 2 day ticket - I didn't think they would allow that. Just for comparison - adding the 2 days to the existing ticket only cost $36, and I was refunded $530 for the 2 day ticket (total for my 2 kids)! Crazy how they get you with the additional days!!

i’m glad they did refund you. That is a waste of money to have to buy separately like that.

My Gold AP expires 11/2/20 and I plan on renewing it (partially) using a 5 day PH ticket I purchases from UCT in Feb 2020. I will be at WDW on 11/2 - 11/6 and just want to verify a few things:
1. I should be able to renew at any point in my trip, correct? Or will it confuse the system as to which ticket entitlement to use?
2. Does it matter any more price-wise as to if I use the PH ticket to enter the park before upgrading? I know it used to, but it seems like that went away, is that right?

Also, the other two people I'm traveling with also have 5 day PH tickets from UCT. We should just be able to stop by GS and receive a refund on a Disney giftcard for the PH option, correct? Do you know what amount we should expect for that refund?

Thank you! :goodvibes
1a. Correct.
1b. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. Difference between the Disney price of a Hopper and Base ticket.

I'm following up on my original post. I tried to renew my AP using my previously purchased PH ticket today and was told I could not because I had used the PH to enter the park. From what I had been told above, this is incorrect. Should I try again? Or is it too late because my AP expired already? I guess I needed to renew 11/2 or 11/3?

1. Should I try again?
2. Or is it too late because my AP expired already?
3. I guess I needed to renew 11/2 or 11/3?
1. If you believe you were treated incorrectly... always try again. ("Ask nicely.")
2. Not if you believe you were treated incorrectly.
3. If you believe you were treated incorrectly, it should not be too late.

1. If you believe you were treated incorrectly... always try again. ("Ask nicely.")
2. Not if you believe you were treated incorrectly.
3. If you believe you were treated incorrectly, it should not be too late.

I guess I'm asking from the experts if I should have been allowed to use my partially used PH to renew my AP that expired 11/2. Thank you!

I guess I'm asking from the experts if I should have been allowed to use my partially used PH to renew my AP that expired 11/2. Thank you!
Okay, I'm not an expert by any means. But I think in the past, people have been able to upgrade their tickets up until the close of business on the last day of use. So if I have a 5-day ticket, and I decide on the 4th day to extend my trip, I can upgrade to a 6-day ticket for the difference in price between a 5-day and a 6-day ticket. My understanding is that in the past, one was allowed to upgrade a regular ticket to an AP, as long as it was done prior to the end of the last day on the ticket. Maybe it's different now because APs are being limited to prior AP holders, but I think your interpretation of the old rules is accurate. Definitely worth asking nicely, and possibly asking again if you don't get the answer you want.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about APs. But my understanding is that AP renewal has been allowed for those with active APs and I assume the typical grace period post-expiration has been allowed but maybe someone else can chime in. Do you have an option to renew through MDE? I don't know if a regular ticket window can do the upgrade since APs are not available through a regular ticket window. Is there an AP contact number you could try?

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about APs. But my understanding is that AP renewal has been allowed for those with active APs and I assume the typical grace period post-expiration has been allowed but maybe someone else can chime in. Do you have an option to renew through MDE? I don't know if a regular ticket window can do the upgrade since APs are not available through a regular ticket window. Is there an AP contact number you could try?

I had to go to Guest Services instead of the regular ticket window. I had previously tried calling the AP line but they said it had to be done in person. I'll be at DHS tomorrow, I'll probably try there just to see. I do have the option to renew online but only for a platinum AP, and I only want the gold. From what the guest services CM said, I can still renew, but can't use the PH to help pay for it. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Okay, I'm not an expert by any means. But I think in the past, people have been able to upgrade their tickets up until the close of business on the last day of use. So if I have a 5-day ticket, and I decide on the 4th day to extend my trip, I can upgrade to a 6-day ticket for the difference in price between a 5-day and a 6-day ticket. My understanding is that in the past, one was allowed to upgrade a regular ticket to an AP, as long as it was done prior to the end of the last day on the ticket. Maybe it's different now because APs are being limited to prior AP holders, but I think your interpretation of the old rules is accurate. Definitely worth asking nicely, and possibly asking again if you don't get the answer you want.

Thank you! I appreciate the input. I've upgraded PH's to an AP before in the past also so I thought it was allowed. I think the difference is that I shouldn't have used the regular ticket to try to renew. I'll try again tomorrow, doesn't hurt to at least try. Just really kicking myself right now for not doing it the first day I was here. That was my original, I should have stuck to it.

Hi!

I plan to stay around 20 days in Orlando (way past Covid!), visiting every Disney park twice, plus Universal, plus shopping days and whatnot. With all that, I don't think it's physically possible to do 8 Disney parks in 12 days, much less including all these other stuff in between.

Is there any way to extend the tickets after the first use or if I don't use them, Disney considers them forfeited? I tried looking at booking two 4-day tickets, but it's just so much more expensive... :/

Disney isn’t currently selling annual passes but If your trip isn’t for a while, you should look into an AP. If I remember correctly, the break even point was around 11 park days.

parking at the parks & memory maker are included in the AP cost. you would also get small discounts on food/merch.

Disney currently does not offer 14 day tickets to USA guests. Are you an international visitor from the UK or Ireland?

If that is the case the normal Disney's 14 day Ultimate Ticket rules apply:

Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket expires 14 days from first day of use or 31st December of the year traveling. All tickets must be used for the first time in the same calendar year as printed on the ticket

Dave

If you were doing more than 10 park days it is best to get a annual pass, if they are selling them by the time you visit. If there is a chance you may visit twice in one year then the annual pass is the way to go. If you may stay on property then the annual pass might give you a resort discount depending on when you go, which offsets the cost a bit. The annual pass also used for discount on some shopping. While you may only want 8 full park days, they AP means you could then just have some night visits for fireworks or meals (if they are on by the time you go).

we always go for a long time use an AP and get the discount, so the cost is distributed over a long time.

as the previous person said if you are from UK they have had a 14 day ticket and a 21 day ticket in the past, don’t know if they will in future. If you are UK maybe ask on Uk section of the board

Is there any way to extend the tickets after the first use or if I don't use them, Disney considers them forfeited? I tried looking at booking two 4-day tickets, but it's just so much more expensive... :/
An 8-day ticket is valid for any 8-days in a 12-day window based on the "start date" that you designate as your first park day. A 10-day ticket has a 14-day window for use. So for example if you have a 10-day ticket starting Dec. 1st, it is good for 10 daily entries through Dec. 14th. I would group your WDW days to fall within a 12 or 14-day window, rather than spread throughout your 20 day vacation; that will allow you to purchase 1 ticket for 8 or 10 days which costs less than multiple tickets of shorter length. Or as others have suggested, an AP might help if offered by the time of your trip.

To answer your specific question -- once a ticket has been used, it cannot be extended beyond 10 theme park entries within a 14-day window, unless you purchase an annual pass. Any unused days would be forfeited. A never-used ticket retains it's purchase value towards a future ticket.

PARK PASS TICKET QUESTION

I have a park pass reservation for Epcot the day I arrive. My flight just got pushed back an hour (get to MCO at 11:35am) and I'm hearing that it may take some time between MCO and WDW using ME. I'm afraid any further delays may make that day a "wasted" day. Epcot is open till 9pm, but as of now it looks like the earliest we could get there is maybe 2pm or later.

If we don't make it to Epcot, what happens? Can we book another Park Pass? On our date of departure, we were going to do DS because we don't leave till 8pm (and figure ME will pick up at 4ish). Could we book a park that day (subject to availability of course)?

Also of note is that Epcot is not going to "sell out" that day like DHS does. Thanks for anyone who has info.

Last edited:
Any idea on when Gold Passes will be on sale again? We had them in the past, but last year only went 1x, so did park tickets by day. Between May 2021 and May 2022 we will have 3 trips planned. So DVC Gold Pass is best for us.

Should I wait for the AP, or just buy 5 day pass for May 2021 and do a park reservation, then upgrade to an AP when we arrive?

If we don't make it to Epcot, what happens?
If you never use your ticket that day, you will have 1 remaining theme park entry available to use on your last day. You can then book another park reservation for that date (assuming a reservation is available). You may need to cancel the original EPCOT reservation first, especially if the park is still open when you decide to change plans.

1. Should I wait for the AP,
2. or just buy 5 day pass for May 2021 and do a park reservation, then upgrade to an AP when we arrive?
1. You can do that.
2. Also something that you can do.
You can also just do the #1 idea for a few months, then (if nothing changes) jump
to plan #2.

We are looking to rent for a month in December near WDW. But I want to be sure I'm not missing anything about tickets. The most days we can buy at a time is a 7 day ticket, correct? Are there strategies people are using when they have a long trip booked?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter