It’s more likely that tickets are more expensive now, plus the effect of date-based tickets. Your ticket is worth the online price for a 5 day PH in 2017 (not the current price) and now you have to pay the difference between that and the current price of a 6 day PH for the specific dates you want to go.

Yes, you are right, it is more expensive now. I checked and the same ticket, like they said, is over $200 more. I am shocked that in 4 years it went up by that much. It's not even an adult ticket. It's a child's ticket for my granddaughter.

Yes, you are right, it is more expensive now. I checked and the same ticket, like they said, is over $200 more. I am shocked that in 4 years it went up by that much. It's not even an adult ticket. It's a child's ticket for my granddaughter.
Yes, it is shocking. Sometimes people find it less expensive to save the ticket they have for a later visit that fits the number of days on the original ticket and just buy a completely new one for the trip they're planning now.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I have 2 days left on a never expire pass I bought years ago. We are visiting for five days and it made more sense to just buy a 5-day pass and save the 2 days that are left from the prior pass for another time when we're only there for two days. Will the 5-day pass automatically have priority over the two days on my never expire pass? We obviously don't want to use up the two days and then only 3 of the 5 we just paid for.

Asking this again... starting to freak out as June is already booking up!! So not sure if anyone has had experience upgrading an expired ticket over the phone (and not Guest Service)... I have 3 2-day parkhoppers that expired in Jan 2019. I had to buy these tickets for a Free Dining bounceback that I scheduled in Sept 2017. Our premier AP's were still valid on our trip, so we didn't use the 2 day parkhoppers that we paid for to get the free dining. I want to use these tickets to upgrade to 8 day 1 park tickets for use this June. Has anyone had experience upgrading expired tickets over the phone? I am worried if I wait to do it in person in June, park reservations will be full for our preferred park. Also to complicate things, I never received physical tickets, and they don't show them in my account anymore since they are expired. I am assuming Disney can look up my old reservation #, though.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I have 2 days left on a never expire pass I bought years ago. We are visiting for five days and it made more sense to just buy a 5-day pass and save the 2 days that are left from the prior pass for another time when we're only there for two days. Will the 5-day pass automatically have priority over the two days on my never expire pass? We obviously don't want to use up the two days and then only 3 of the 5 we just paid for.
Before you enter a park, you should visit GR and have the 5-day pass prioritized to be used before the 2-day pass. Otherwise, no, the system won't know and may use the 2 days first. Multiple posts on these boards to support that!

Asking this again... starting to freak out as June is already booking up!! So not sure if anyone has had experience upgrading an expired ticket over the phone...
Absolutely call.
It really doesn’t matter what may have happened in other cases. With the recent events of the past year, each case can be handled separately.

Im sure this has been asked numerous times- so my apologies for the repeat question- I am unable to locate the answer-

If I purchase a 3 Day (one park a day) ticket for $300 (using round numbers as math is hard) . If I use one day of the ticket (and the remining days its eligible pass without me using the ticket) is the $200 remaining 'cost' of the unused DAYS on the ticket eligible to used as a credit towards purchasing a new ticket?

If I purchase a 3 Day (one park a day) ticket for $300 (using round numbers as math is hard) . If I use one day of the ticket (and the remining days its eligible pass without me using the ticket) is the $200 remaining 'cost' of the unused DAYS on the ticket eligible to used as a credit towards purchasing a new ticket?
Nope.
Unused days on a multi-day ticket expire within a few days following that ticket's first use.

You could add days to the remaining two on that ticket, those added days validity would also expire within a very few days following the original ticket's first use.

Last edited:
Before you enter a park, you should visit GR and have the 5-day pass prioritized to be used before the 2-day pass. Otherwise, no, the system won't know and may use the 2 days first. Multiple posts on these boards to support that!

Thanks for the quick response!

In the alternative (because I know we will want to head straight to Pandora after rope drop) can I just reassign the non-expiration ticket to a family member linked but not going, then reassign it back after the trip?

Thanks for the quick response!

In the alternative (because I know we will want to head straight to Pandora after rope drop) can I just reassign the non-expiration ticket to a family member linked but not going, then reassign it back after the trip?
I'm not sure, so I hope @Robo will chime in - but I think that once a ticket has been used, it's irrevocably linked to the person who used it. If it's unused, then yes, you should be able to move it around. If the last use occurred in the days before MDE, when tickets started being linked to individuals, I have no idea!

Park passes. Today, I was able to buy an annual pass. and it 's posted. Wanted to add another day to our trip, going to the chart, it shows park tickets, yellow, resorts, yellow, AP, green, but when I tried to get the pass, it say MK is not available.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I called today about doing an AP repurchase. I got a pro rated refund for my 3/20 to 3/21 AP due to COVID.

They said someone should call me in 30 days.

How long has it actually been taking lately for the return call?

Thanks in advance for responding.

I called today about doing an AP repurchase. I got a pro rated refund for my 3/20 to 3/21 AP due to COVID.

They said someone should call me in 30 days.

How long has it actually been taking lately for the return call?

Thanks in advance for responding.

For me, I was told to expect 30 days. It was 16 days, but when I called it mentioned I had a trip in 33 days. I don't know if that made a difference.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Hope it is okay to ask. I ran a quick search on this thread and read the top of the sticky, and I see that you can upgrade discount tickets generally, including to add park hoppers. Just to make sure I understand, it looks like the cost to add hoppers to a 4+ day ticket is a flat $85 per ticket. We have 8 day base tickets through UT. So is my math correct that regardless of what dates our tickets are tied to the cost to upgrade will be $85 per ticket (plus tax)? And this should be something we have to do at guest relations but cannot do in advance over the phone or through MDE even though our tickets are loaded into MDE?

(I have upgraded tickets and dealt with price bridging in the past but it was years ago and it makes me nervous every time. :) )

Thanks!

1. it looks like the cost to add hoppers to a 4+ day ticket is a flat $85 per ticket. 2. We have 8 day base tickets through UT.
3. So is my math correct that regardless of what dates our tickets are tied to the cost to upgrade will be $85 per ticket (plus tax)?
4. And this should be something we have to do at guest relations but cannot do in advance over the phone or through MDE even though our tickets are loaded into MDE?
1. At this time, yes.
2. WHEN did you buy them?
3. If bought "recently" (since the last price increase) then, yes.
4. You MIGHT be able to do the upgrade via your MDE account after you arrive at WDW.
Otherwise, it can be done at any Guest Relations or ticket booth.

1. At this time, yes.
2. WHEN did you buy them?
3. If bought "recently" (since the last price increase) then, yes.
4. You MIGHT be able to do the upgrade via your MDE account after you arrive at WDW.
Otherwise, it can be done at any Guest Relations or ticket booth.

I bought the tickets this month for a June trip but haven't decided yet whether to add on hoppers.

Park passes. Today, I was able to buy an annual pass. and it 's posted. Wanted to add another day to our trip, going to the chart, it shows park tickets, yellow, resorts, yellow, AP, green, but when I tried to get the pass, it say MK is not available.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Are you staying onsite? I think the theme park reservation system defaults you to the “Resort” bucket even if you have an AP. You’ll have to call to get a park reservation from the AP bucket.

Are you staying onsite? I think the theme park reservation system defaults you to the “Resort” bucket even if you have an AP. You’ll have to call to get a park reservation from the AP bucket.

Yes, staying onsite.

Update.....You are so right. I was able to talk to chat and got the one day. Don't know if that was pixie dust or just the way it is.

We had two one day tickets, and a 5 day and was using them as place holders. We got THE call about APs, and purchased them. So now saving the day tickets and using the AP. Later I thought hey, with the AP we can go 8 days to parks if we wish. So we are set.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd report back on trying to upgrade my 7-day MYW base tickets purchased thru MWR/ITT to hoppers. Before entering our first park (HS), I stopped at the ticket booth to see if the CM could help me. She looked at the hard tickets & knew exactly what to do. She explained that the tickets I had in hand were no longer in their system, but she could change them to matching tickets that were in their system & charge me the difference to 7-day park hoppers. $85 total for all 3 of us! YAY! Such a huge difference from the $300/per person the phone CM quoted me on the phone!!

I was worried about the ability to park hop due to the park pass reservations being full for the week we were there, but it was no problem! it was great! Parks were still crowded but not unbearable. I still have 2 more 7-day MYW base tickets to use so we'll see how I'll be able to upgrade them if needed. I did ask the ticket booth CM to prioritize the 7-day hopper over the 7-day base that's still tied to my MDE profile. I haven't checked but hopefully both tickets didn't get used last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter