tickets for non AP family

fluffybunny88

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am asking this here because I'm sure this a common situation for many of you.

My wife and I are lucky enough to be in the position to be able to take some family to WDW with us later this year. My wife and I are annual passholders and DVC. We are doing a split stay at 2 different DVC resorts on points, but I need to get them tickets.

I have a few questions that are listed below:
1. Is undercover tourist the best place for discounted park only tickets? They are running a special right now for tickets that are adult tickets for the price of kids.
2. My understanding is those tickets are linked to each persons account in my disney experience. That gets to question number 3.
3. Should I have each person register their own MDE account and make sure it works, then add me as friend and family? If I do this I belive I can get them to add the hotel reservation and their park tickets to MDE.
4. If we don't do an MDE account then how do we handle room keys/park ticket media/etc? I'm not sure if everyone would want to get a magic band as this is probably a 1 time, or at least 1 every 5 years trip, no need for a magic band if not going that frequently.

Thanks for any help and advice. I am a planner like many here and just want to make it as easy for my family as possible.

I can’t speak to question 1. I do know you do not have to set up a MDE account for everyone separately. When I have taken family that will visit infrequently I set them up in my MDE and link them to this tickets, dining reservations, and DVC reservation. If after doing this one or more want their own MDE account, you can switch it so they can plan on their own under that account. If they do not have a magic band, you can get a key card for them for the room. They can also get into the parks. I think I was able to pull their tickets up on my cell phone in my MDE as I don’t recall having to go to guest services. Hope this helps.

P.S. Unfortunately, while I have a ton of extra magic bands, they won’t let you transfer a band that was yours or someone else’s to them. We brought some and tried and they said they can’t ever do that. What a waste. The thought of the magic bands filling up the landfills convinced me that I wouldn’t buy bands for infrequent guests we bring.

1. Is undercover tourist the best place for discounted park only tickets?
Good info in previous post

I’m not sure if UT necessarily has the lowest pricing. However, over the years, when we do need tix for family & friends; do buy from them. Reliable, never any issue.

Have found for infrequent visitors,it’s easy to just set it up in my MDE and assign the tix (even able to reassign to another if person can’t make the trip).

Be prepared, children seem to want to have a magic band once they see other people using them. I pick up the old styles reasonably priced on eBay. Just make sure they aren’t activated if going that route

UT is a good place to buy tickets, but there are others. Boardwalk Ticketing has been getting good reviews lately, too. Touring Plans has a low-price calculator:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

I agree with above posters - just set up each of your guests as F&F in your MDE. If at some point they decide they need their own, they can set it up and you can go through the process to link their profile in your MDE to their new account.

I also agree that the Key to the World cards, which are resort room key and park tickets all in one, should work fine for your needs. If someone decides they want a MB, it will be easy to link it to their profile in your MDE.

While it is not necessary for everyone to have their own MDE, when I travel with a group, I find it much easier as they can each look at their own phones to see the schedule and dining reservations for the day. As far as Magic Bands, I would tend to buy the cheapest ones available through the MDE App, as for me, it is much more convenient that whipping out the tickets and/or room key cards everytime I need into the room or enter a theme park. You may also want to consider downloading a free tracking app to your phones in case you get separated accidently, especially since they don't go often and may not know their way around., Or at least designate a place to find each other if you do get separated.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter