A point of clarification: it's not a 4 day ticket,
1. it's a 4 PARK ticket, you can only use it for one entry into each park
2. (which many people use by visiting one park per day)
3. - but you can choose to enter two parks in the same day if you wanted - it would be a waste of the ticket in my opinion, but
4. the only restriction on the ticket is that you can only enter each park once.
1. Yes, but...
2. That is the only way the ticket can be used.
3. Sorry, but that's not the case.
4. Cannot be used at more than one park per day.
However, guests can enter, leave, and re-enter the same park on the same day
as many times as they like.

Below is grabbed from the WDW Ticket page. (Click)

Last edited:
can the special 4 day magic park ticket be upgraded on the 4th day to add another day?
Not in the same way you can add another day to a regular 4 day non-hopper ticket. What would happen is your 4 park magic ticket would be upgraded to a 5 day non-hopper ticket, and you'd pay the difference in cost between those two tickets.
Correct.
The special low price benefit of the 4-Park Magic Ticket would be lost,
as the cost of the ticket to which you upgrade (in this instance, a standard 5 day base ticket) would be a standard full-price base ticket.

Hi all - I am hoping I can formulate my question here so that it makes sense.

ok - My daughter will be doing the DCP beginning in June. Now I know she gets "X" number of free tickets based on her hours worked & all that...But I am looking at going before she will have enough hours to get any.

So my question...If I purchase a ticket from say UC for a 10 day hopper it is currently listed at $555.46. WDW gate price is $645.67.

If I want to upgrade to an annual once I get there. The price is $1195.00 BUT my dd will get a $100 discount on the AP for me.
My current ticket will "count" as $645.67 towards AP?

So I will spend another $449.33 for AP? ($1195-$645.67-$100)?
Actual OOP will be $1004.79?

Does that sound right?

Can I use Disney gift cards for the $449.33?

Thanks for your help & hopefully this makes sense. I have never had an AP, but am planning on at least 15 days while she is there, so financially I think it makes sense.
She will get free tickets, but I know we have loads of other friends & family that will want them.

Hi all - I am hoping I can formulate my question here so that it makes sense.

ok - My daughter will be doing the DCP beginning in June. Now I know she gets "X" number of free tickets based on her hours worked & all that...But I am looking at going before she will have enough hours to get any.

So my question...If I purchase a ticket from say UC for a 10 day hopper it is currently listed at $555.46. WDW gate price is $645.67.

If I want to upgrade to an annual once I get there. The price is $1195.00 BUT my dd will get a $100 discount on the AP for me.
My current ticket will "count" as $645.67 towards AP?

So I will spend another $449.33 for AP? ($1195-$645.67-$100)?
Actual OOP will be $1004.79?

1. Does that sound right?

2. Can I use Disney gift cards for the $449.33?

Thanks for your help & hopefully this makes sense. I have never had an AP, but am planning on at least 15 days while she is there, so financially I think it makes sense.
She will get free tickets, but I know we have loads of other friends & family that will want them.
1. Yes (if they allow you to upgrade to the discounted AP.)
2. Yes.

I have a question about the use of discounted military tickets - not the military salute. These are passes I just got from the army post near us. I added the passes to MDE yesterday and assumed the expiration date was 12/31/20. It is showing 12/31/30 instead. I realize I can call Disney, sit on hold for eons, and get an answer that may or may not be correct, but I thought I’d ask here first. I believe the last time I bought tickets that expired at the end of the year, the app stated as much. I also realize this could just be a glitch. But if for some reason the discounted tickets I bought don’t expire for a while, I might just pick up a few more.

I also realize this could just be a glitch.
That's a good assumption.
What you bought are "regular tickets" just sold at a discount via the military.
"Regular tickets" don't expire in 2030.

That's a good assumption.
What you bought are "regular tickets" just sold at a discount via the military.
"Regular tickets" don't expire in 2030.
I assumed when I bought the tickets They would expire end of this year, so it’s not like I’m out anything. Now I just have to decide whether to keep holding on to the 5 day pass I bought back in 2013 or upgrade it to an AP.

I have a question about the use of discounted military tickets - not the military salute. These are passes I just got from the army post near us. I added the passes to MDE yesterday and assumed the expiration date was 12/31/20. It is showing 12/31/30 instead. I realize I can call Disney, sit on hold for eons, and get an answer that may or may not be correct, but I thought I’d ask here first. I believe the last time I bought tickets that expired at the end of the year, the app stated as much. I also realize this could just be a glitch. But if for some reason the discounted tickets I bought don’t expire for a while, I might just pick up a few more.

Fyi, in August 2019 I was told by the MWR/ITT office that tickets for WDW (not the military salute ones) have 'NO EXPIRATION DATE'. When the workers told me that, I couldn't believe it as I had never heard of that being possible. I haven't purchased tickets for WDW because I don't need them until 2021 & I was terrified that if I bought them too early & the info given by the office workers was incorrect, I would be stuck with tickets that expired before I needed them. Your experience may have proven them CORRECT that the tickets have no expiration date. 🤯

Any previous experience with buying MWR/ITT tickets (2015-2018) had my tickets expiring by Dec of the year I purchased them. If the no expiration date thing is real, I better jump on buying those tickets before another price hike!!!

If anyone else has seen the same thing, please post about it!! Thank you @tarak for posting your experience!

Fyi, in August 2019 I was told by the MWR/ITT office that tickets for WDW (not the military salute ones) have 'NO EXPIRATION DATE'. When the workers told me that, I couldn't believe it as I had never heard of that being possible. I haven't purchased tickets for WDW because I don't need them until 2021 & I was terrified that if I bought them too early & the info given by the office workers was incorrect, I would be stuck with tickets that expired before I needed them. Your experience may have proven them CORRECT that the tickets have no expiration date. 🤯

Any previous experience with buying MWR/ITT tickets (2015-2018) had my tickets expiring by Dec of the year I purchased them. If the no expiration date thing is real, I better jump on buying those tickets before another price hike!!!

If anyone else has seen the same thing, please post about it!! Thank you @tarak for posting your experience!
Hm. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if Disney can confirm or deny.

I purchased a 5 day Park hopper from UT after the recent price increase, but while UT still had old stock at the old prices.

I then had to change the dates of my trip. I contacted UT and they said I had to change the ticket dates in MDE. I updated the ticket in the app for $35 - I thought it was worth it because I wanted to change my fastpasses.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an AP while I'm there & I was hoping to price bridge. My question is - by changing the dates online, is this now considered a ticket purchased directly from Disney, which does not qualify for price bridging?

Between that and not being able to determine the actual value of my ticket since it was old stock, I feel like I'm failing bridging 101 lol.

I purchased a 5 day Park hopper from UT after the recent price increase, but while UT still had old stock at the old prices.

I then had to change the dates of my trip. I contacted UT and they said I had to change the ticket dates in MDE. I updated the ticket in the app for $35 - I thought it was worth it because I wanted to change my fastpasses.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an AP while I'm there & I was hoping to price bridge.
1. My question is - by changing the dates online, is this now considered a ticket purchased directly from Disney, which does not qualify for price bridging?

2. Between that and not being able to determine the actual value of my ticket since it was old stock, I feel like I'm failing bridging 101 lol.
1. I don't think so. (But, maybe.)
2. I'm sorry to say that I'm right there with you. :confused3

1. I don't think so. (But, maybe.)
2. I'm sorry to say that I'm right there with you. :confused3

Thanks, Robo. I would've been fine, but I was traveling with a friend who was going to a conference. The conference was canceled, and I lost my free room at BC. I found a great rate at POFQ on Hotwire, but for a few days later.

Curse you, Coronavirus!

If I do decide to upgrade to AP while I'm there, I'll update with the outcome.

I have an AP that expires 5 days into my 10 day trip. I have a 5 day ticket to cover the last 5 days. I have a 14 day reservation at the B resort. Yesterday I was only able to make 7 days of FP. I called IT and they made the last 3 days of FP but I can’t modify them. Anyone have advice on how I might get this fixed. If park hours change or anything else comes up that would make me want to adjust my plans I am stuck. I am really frustrated because I specifically planned a long trip for flexibility. I actually spoke to IT 4 times yesterday. They did not have an answer so I am hoping someone here can help. Thanks

Hi all. We have an upcoming trip in a couple of weeks and don’t plan on cancelling but are considering a resort only trip. My concern is, a few of our people bought the 4 day magic ticket which expires in September. Has anyone heard any possibilities that they may extend the expiration date due to the WHO now considering it a pandemic? If not, we could always trade it in for a four day non hopper ticket and just pay the difference. Thanks

1. Has anyone heard any possibilities that they may extend the expiration date due to the WHO now considering it a pandemic? If not,
2. we could always trade it in for a four day non hopper ticket and just pay the difference. Thanks
1. They could decide to do anything.
2. Yes. That's not much different than what you could do by just letting your current tickets expire, unused.
Expired WDW tickets retain their original cost/value that can be used to help pay for new tickets at such time as a guest eventually does make a WDW trip.

Expired WDW tickets retain their original cost/value that can be used to help pay for new tickets at such time as a guest eventually does make a WDW trip.

our trip starts tomorrow. We are still hoping to go, but obviously things may change. We have dated tickets, that are separate from our resort reservation. If we are able to use a couple of days, but not the remaining ones does that dated ticket retain any value?

If we are able to use a couple of days, but not the remaining ones does that dated ticket retain any value?
Under "normal" conditions, no.
But, if there are extenuating circumstances due to health quarantine, there MIGHT be some special consideration.

Under "normal" conditions, no.
But, if there are extenuating circumstances due to health quarantine, there MIGHT be some special consideration.

Thanks, but if we don’t use them at all, then they do retain value? It would be more expensive, but it might make more sense to just buy a one day ticket day by day to see what happens.

1. if we don’t use them at all, then they do retain value?
2. It would be more expensive, but it might make more sense to just buy a one day ticket day by day to see what happens.
1. Yes.
2. You could.
Just know that there would be a factor of diminishing returns if you had a longer stay.
Do the math.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter