i have a 14 day 2020 ticket bought from a 3rd party seller UK seller . i was going 15th april . if i cancel my fastpasses can i use that ticket later on this year .
I saw people say you can use unused value against new tickets . will I be able to use it next year ticket if i can make it this year
are they only able to be used against disney world tickets or can i use the value against disneyland tickets later this year ?

i have a 14 day 2020 ticket bought from a 3rd party seller UK seller . i was going 15th april .
1. if i cancel my fastpasses can i use that ticket later on this year .
2. I saw people say you can use unused value against new tickets .
3. will I be able to use it next year ticket if i can make it this year
4. are they only able to be used against disney world tickets
5. or can i use the value against disneyland tickets later this year ?
1. Does your ticket have an expiration date?
(Whether or not you cancel your FPs doesn't figure into this, but it would be nice of you to do so.)
2. Yes. At least for regular USA tickets. (I don't know anything specifically about the European tickets.)
3. You can't use an expired ticket. (Only you can tell us if your ticket will expire before your delayed trip.)
4. I don't know anything specifically about the European tickets.
5. Unlikely, but again, I don't know anything specifically about the European tickets.
But, you should CALL DISNEY and ask about what they suggest regarding your plans.

We scheduled a short July trip. If the parks are open, I am considering adding a day.

We already bought the 4 Park Magic Ticket via UT, linked it to MDE, and have a 3 night stay booked at Pop.

If we added a night to Pop and bought a one day ticket, how would that affect the 60 day FP booking?

We scheduled a short July trip. If the parks are open, I am considering adding a day.

We already bought the 4 Park Magic Ticket via UT, linked it to MDE, and have a 3 night stay booked at Pop.

If we added a night to Pop and
1. bought a one day ticket,
2. how would that affect the 60 day FP booking?
2. IF you added the extra day (resort and ticket) at the END of your current trip:
It would not at all affect your FP booking at all, except you would be able to book that additional day's FPs.

2. IF you added the extra day's ticket AND added your extra day at the Pop on the day before your current check-in date:
You would be able to book your FPs 60 days before that new check-in date (one day before your current FP booking date.)

1. Another option would be to UPGRADE your current ticket to a FIVE DAY ticket.
(You would deduct the full price you paid for your 4 Park Magic Ticket from the cost of the new 5-day ticket.)

Last edited:
I know this is probably a stupid question. I have a 2 day park hopper option plus ticket for first week in April. If I want to switch to use the tickets in June the same tickets are about $100 cheaper. Do you think they will give this as a credit on a gift card? I’ve already lost money on rescheduled DVC rented points as this is a cheaper time as well.

I know this is probably a stupid question. I have a 2 day park hopper option plus ticket for first week in April. If I want to switch to use the tickets in June the same tickets are about $100 cheaper. Do you think they will give this as a credit on a gift card? I’ve already lost money on rescheduled DVC rented points as this is a cheaper time as well.
"Normally," no, and that situation is expressly addressed in the official ticket rules.

However, under these unprecedented circumstances, we just don't know.
It never hurts to call and "ask nicely" for what you'd like.

And, I would not call for at least two weeks (more would be better.)
Give the CMs some time to handle the most pressing guest issues...
and Disney time to formulate revised policies.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but Can I upgrade a used ticket (Feb 2020) to an annual pass?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but Can I upgrade a used ticket (Feb 2020) to an annual pass?
No. A ticket must still have valid entitlements on it to be upgraded, and all upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use. Sorry.

I have an AP that expires 5 days into my 10 day trip. I have a 5 day ticket to cover the last 5 days. I have a 14 day reservation at the B resort. Yesterday I was only able to make 7 days of FP. I called IT and they made the last 3 days of FP but I can’t modify them. Anyone have advice on how I might get this fixed. If park hours change or anything else comes up that would make me want to adjust my plans I am stuck. I am really frustrated because I specifically planned a long trip for flexibility. I actually spoke to IT 4 times yesterday. They did not have an answer so I am hoping someone here can help. Thanks

I answered your other thread, but figured I should also post this here.

Passholders are allowed 7 days of FPs at a time. However, if you are staying in a Disney-owned resort, you can have length-of-stay FPs, as long as every FP day is associated with an onsite stay.

While Disney Springs resorts have some of the benefits that the Disney-owned resorts have (such as 60-day FP window), they do not get the length-of-stay benefit for AP holders that the Disney-owned resorts receive.

If you received 3 additional FP days, then, you got a HUGE pixie dust.

Here is the official FAQ from Disney that spells this out:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/reserving-fast-pass-plus/
Annual Passholders can make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance. Secure up to 3 FastPass+ selections for one park per day, for up to 7 days. If plans change, it’s easy to update or cancel your selections, subject to availability.

Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.

If I had date based tickets (ex June) for 5day with hopper and I want to change to Dec can I change to fewer days (ex 4 days) or remove hopper as long as I’m not expecting a refund (which I wouldn’t bc my Dec dates would be more expensive already) or am I only allowed to change my June 5day hopper to another date 5 day hopper? Asking bc my rescheduled trip will likely be for fewer days Thanks

If I had date based tickets (ex June) for 5day with hopper and I want to change to Dec can I change to fewer days (ex 4 days) or remove hopper as long as I’m not expecting a refund (which I wouldn’t bc my Dec dates would be more expensive already) or am I only allowed to change my June 5day hopper to another date 5 day hopper? Asking bc my rescheduled trip will likely be for fewer days Thanks
I would call Disney and "ask nicely."
(Not yet. Give the current situation time to "settle" a bit before you make your request.)
With the recent unprecedented closures, I expect many accommodations will be made.

Sorry if this has been addressed before I was reading as much as I could, but there is a lot of info. This thread is impressive for sure.

What I'm wondering:

Lets say I buy 2 4-day tickets for September. I plan to save up to be able to upgrade those to AP(DVC Gold pass) when I arrive. Can I only upgrade those tickets to the AP on the dates the tickets are valid for? Or could I make a trip in June and apply the cost of those (september)tickets to the cost of the AP?

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry if this has been addressed before I was reading as much as I could, but there is a lot of info. This thread is impressive for sure.

What I'm wondering:

Lets say I buy 2 4-day tickets for September. I plan to save up to be able to upgrade those to AP(DVC Gold pass) when I arrive.
1. Can I only upgrade those tickets to the AP on the dates the tickets are valid for?
2. Or could I make a trip in June and apply the cost of those (september)tickets to the cost of the AP?
3. Hope that makes sense.
1. Sorta. It would be a no-brainer to do it that way.
2. I don't see why you'd want to do that. Why not just wait until the June trip and simply buy the APs
then?
3. See #2.

June 2020 before a September 2020 trip? Probably. You may be able to do it online. I’m not sure what you hope to gain unless you may do a quick summer trip.

Or June 2021 after a September 2020 trip? Nope. Tickets must still be active (not fully used) and be upgraded within 14 days of first use.

Enjoy your vacation!

1. Sorta. It would be a no-brainer to do it that way.
2. I don't see why you'd want to do that. Why not just wait until the June trip and simply buy the APs
then?
3. See #2.

Mostly the reason for doing it this way is a way to control myself. If I've already spent the money then I can't blow it on some other Disney thing I may or may not need. Practicing self control seems to be the smart option here though. Thanks!

June 2020 before a September 2020 trip? Probably. You may be able to do it online. I’m not sure what you hope to gain unless you may do a quick summer trip.

Or June 2021 after a September 2020 trip? Nope. Tickets must still be active (not fully used) and be upgraded within 14 days of first use.

Enjoy your vacation!

I was asking for a June 2020 trip. Not looking to gain anything like a cheaper ticket or anything like that. Just wasn't sure if the new date-locked tickets allowed you to upgrade to an AP if you end up making a trip sooner than the original plan.

I was asking for a June 2020 trip. Not looking to gain anything like a cheaper ticket or anything like that. Just wasn't sure if the new date-locked tickets allowed you to upgrade to an AP if you end up making a trip sooner than the original plan.
You should be able to do so.
What you would actually be doing is (in effect) "trading in" the value of your unused tickets (before they become active.)

It's certainly a way to budget, too, and is sort of a payment plan, if the date-based tickets are less expensive than the Gold AP. Instead of paying $$ for the Gold AP, pay $ for the date-based tickets and then later another $ for the difference between that and the Gold AP.

If I book a package to start 8/9 with 2 day tickets, can I pick them up on 8/2 to apply them to annual passes? Do I need to go to that hotel or just to any guest services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter