Tie die and kids?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
I want to try to make some of the tie died mickey head shirts for our trip and I'm trying to decide if I should involve the kids or not. I know they'd have fun, but . . .

I have a DS4 who is very active (constantly in motion), DD9, and an 18 month old. Maybe if I convinced Grandma to come help watch the baby we could have one adult per child. Does anyone have any thoughts or tips?

Thanks.

Just my opinion, if you are making the traditional tie-dyes, I would enlist grandma's help. If you want to have the kids participate, I would make the flour dyed shirts.:)

What are flour dyed shirts? How do the colors compare, (brightness, durability)?

I just did tye dyes with a group of 20 kids, ages 2-18. Twenty kids was a lot to handle at once, so we took turns in small groups and the older kids and parents helped the younger kids.

If your oldest and grandma is willing to help out I think you can pull it off as a family project. Maybe the oldest first, with the little one being occupied until it's their turn.

Good luck!:cheer2:

I too have this magical picture in my head of darling shirts for my ultra crafty DD who is 5.5 and DS who is 3. But then I discovered really cute ones (for me too!!!) on Etsy.com. Really cute and you can pick the colors. Now lets hope it's warm in December because I want a tank!:yay:

You can make Mickey shaped tie-dyed clothing with rubber bands instead of basting a Mickey shape on the fabric. It comes out looking like three sunburts (the ears are smaller than the face), rather than a solid shape like the basting method.

Just wanted to share the shirt I make. I have a tutorial at the Disney Tips board.

Tank I just made..

Tiedyetank001.jpg

Tiedyetank004.jpg

Tiedyetank002.jpg

Tiedyetank003.jpg

pixie dust 32 those shirts are awesome!!!!!! i love them!!!!!

i just did some over the weekend, but did not put a mickey head on them. i did not think i could do it.

i'll have to check your tutorial!

I would definitely involve the kids, although they may get hyper and messy.
It may be better to do it yourself with a BIT of there help..

Oh wow! Those Mickey Head shirts are so cool! My DH is going to want to make those. We have tie dyed twice in the past two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter