Tiffins or Tusker House Lunch: Adventurous Eaters?

CarolinaBlue99

Mouseketeer
What is the better lunch option for adventurous eaters: Tusker House Or Tiffins?

We have a Tusker House ADR, but I’m wondering if the options are interesting enough for our taste.

In your opinion, what is the best restaurant at AK for those with adventurous palates? Is there another option I don’t know about?

Tiffins, without question. Tusker House is one of the best buffets, but there is nothing adventurous about it, except maybe to people with extremely limited dining experience.

The octopus appetizer at Tiffins is so good that I could imagine eating a triple portion as an entree. The whole fried fish was one of the dining highlights of my recent vacation. Tiffins is very expensive, but I found it totally worth it. Just don't expect the food to be highly spiced; it is mostly subtle and refined, very much in line with its $$$ status.

What is the better lunch option for adventurous eaters: Tusker House Or Tiffins?

We have a Tusker House ADR, but I’m wondering if the options are interesting enough for our taste.

In your opinion, what is the best restaurant at AK for those with adventurous palates? Is there another option I don’t know about?
Noise & bustle of a Character luncheon (Tusker House) versus the service with hand-made cocktails (Tiffins)?

Each has exotic food, so the question is really - what do the people who pay the bills want?

As much as I like Goofy, I suggest Tiffins - it's just better. Go for the River of Lights package too (which is a benefit available at both Tusker & Tiffins).

Thanks! It’ll be me, my husband and our 7 year old daughter. Honestly, looking at the Tusker House menu it’s not out of the ordinary for us. But, Tiffins looks incredible. We are willing to splurge on food (hotel at the Swan and flights paid for with points). I’m glad to hear the dishes are worth the price tag. I’ll look to change our reservation to Tiffins. I think of all the parks, Animal Kingdom might turn out to be our family’s favorite park!

Tiffins, without question. Tusker House is one of the best buffets, but there is nothing adventurous about it, except maybe to people with extremely limited dining experience.

The octopus appetizer at Tiffins is so good that I could imagine eating a triple portion as an entree. The whole fried fish was one of the dining highlights of my recent vacation. Tiffins is very expensive, but I found it totally worth it. Just don't expect the food to be highly spiced; it is mostly subtle and refined, very much in line with its $$$ status.
Sorry to thread jack, but talk to me about the octopus. I saw it on the menu and I am considering it during our december dinner. How is it? Do you have a picture?

I heard the portions at Tiffins are tiny. Depending on your eating habits you might leave hungry.

If the food is the priority, Tiffins in a landslide. The only reason for TH would be for the characters.

We've found the portion sizes typical of signature dining. They are sized assuming the diner will be ordering three courses.

Other options would be the three restauraunts at the AKL House and Village, but I would recommend Tiffins.

Sorry to thread jack, but talk to me about the octopus. I saw it on the menu and I am considering it during our december dinner. How is it? Do you have a picture?

I don't have a photo, but there are some online. The octopus is first cooked sous-vide which makes it extremely tender. It is the finished on a grill to give it a bit of char. The accompaniments may change, but mine was served with salsify (aka oyster plant) and a saffron aioli. I will usually order octopus when I see it on a menu and this was absolutely the best I have ever eaten.

By the way, the whole fish entree is quite large.

Last edited:
I heard the portions at Tiffins are tiny. Depending on your eating habits you might leave hungry.

I've read this as well, but I have to say after just being there they didn't seem all that small to me. I mean they aren't the huge portions you get at a place like 50s Prime Time but they are decent sized IMO.

Tiffins hands down. We just dined here last week and I really cannot wait to go back. The food was delicious and such a neat experience to try new flavors that just aren't available in the average restaurant. Service was very good as well and the décor is just beautiful.

I don't have a photo, but there are some online. The octopus is first cooked sous-video which makes it extremely tender. It is the finished on a grill to give it a bit of char. The accompaniments may change, but mine was served with salsify (aka oyster plant) and a saffront aioli. I will usually order octopus when I see it on a menu and this was absolutely the best I have ever eaten.

By the way, the whole fish entree is quite large.
Thank you!

Another vote for Tiffins. Have not been there for lunch, but evening meal is wonderful ( both times we were there). Have seen the posts about small portions and I don't get it. The portion size for our meals were what I would expect.

I've read this as well, but I have to say after just being there they didn't seem all that small to me. I mean they aren't the huge portions you get at a place like 50s Prime Time but they are decent sized IMO.
That’s why I said “depending on your eating habits”. If you know you like to tie one on at dinner this isn’t the place. I was told about a pitiful dining experience. The scallops apparently were super expensive and only came with 2 or 3 average scallops and a smear of fancy mashed potatoes. They all had to order a pizza that night because they left hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter