time share

thinking about the Disney Vacation Club timeshares onsite at WDW, yes, they have accessible studios, one and two bedroom villas. You can rent points, ie the timeshare, direct from a DVC owner - check the DVC boards here for more info:) - or you can book them direct from Disney (it's going to cost A LOT more though;))

As far as offsite timeshare villas, that's a good question. I;ve never investigated one.

HTH!!

:sunny:

Ali and boyz said:
does anybody now if the timeshare villas have disabled facilities. ie, roll in shower

the timeshares that pop up on www.skyauction.com and www.getravelop.com list that accesible rooms are available, but these discount organizations cannot guaranty that you'll be able to get one using their system. i think the gov employees one told me that if they couldn't get the accessible room then we wouldn't have to complete the deal. not sure. i'm sure that if you have a particular resort in mind you could just call the resort and they can tell you their procedure.
-dj :flower:

I'd probably call the one you are interested in and ask.
Ask very specific questions though (and maybe even if they have pictures they could send you). A few years ago we went to a resort in Northern Minnesota that we had asked on the phone if it was accessible, i.e. no steps (DD was little, so we could deal with a bathtub). They said it was accessible, and it was, once you were inside. But, there were sort of rustic wooden walkways with 2 steps down to get from the parking area to the resort.
As was already mentioned, the DVC villas are accessible with some having roll in showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter