Time you arrive back at airport on Quest for the West

Momof3greatkids

Mouseketeer
For those of you that have been on Quest for the West, do you know what time you arrive at the airport on the day you return home. Delta has changed our flight to 11:11am on the day we go home. We know Disney says we should not leave before noon, which was fine until Delta changed our flight. We are wondering if we can still make it, or if we need to try and change our flight. Thanks for any info.

When we took the trip 2 years ago there was a couple who had a very early flight. They took a van provided by the Brooks Lake Lodge (I think) that left at 4:30 in the morning. The rest of us rode the Disney bus - though I don't remember what time we made it to the airport. You may want to call ABD and tell them your situation - they probably can give you a definite answer. Have fun - you'll enjoy it - my boys still talk about the trip!!

I am booking the delta flight that leaves at 11:11 I want to be able to say goodbye to my group and eat a final breakfast with them!

I am not recommending you do it but I have cruised DCL enough and taken the 1:15PM flights and always get to MCO by 9:30AM I am curious to know what ABD says to you though so if you would please pass the info on as we leave Aug 25th and I a booking the flights in about a week!

Thanks for all the replys. I ended up changing our flight to the 1:05 Delta flight. Since, Delta made the original schedule change they agreed to do it without charge. I would prefer the 11:11 flight but, since we are driving from another town (I think it is about 1 1/2 hours away), we decided to not take any chances. I did not check with Disney since Delta agreed to make the change for no fee. I think they would have helped arrange to get us there on time but, we might have had to pay for alternate transportation. I hope you all have a great adventure wherever you go.

When we took the trip 2 years ago there was a couple who had a very early flight. They took a van provided by the Brooks Lake Lodge (I think) that left at 4:30 in the morning. The rest of us rode the Disney bus - though I don't remember what time we made it to the airport. You may want to call ABD and tell them your situation - they probably can give you a definite answer. Have fun - you'll enjoy it - my boys still talk about the trip!!
I still talk about the trip :laughing:

Some that rode the bus almost missed their flight. Seems there was construction on that road. If it wasn't for ABD guides jumping into action, we might still be on that road. ABD guide even had the airlines wait for us. Of course we are talking about a small airport that is out of the days of Andy Griffith.

I think we arrived at the airport around 12:30.

I did find a flight leaving JAC at 1:15PM on our return date. The flight cost is also down $200 from 2 months ago so I am gonna book it! This 1:15 flight was not available 2 months ago either so it was a welcome sight. So no worries about an 5AM flight out without being able to have a final breakfast with my group!:cool1:

I did find a flight leaving JAC at 1:15PM on our return date. The flight cost is also down $200 from 2 months ago so I am gonna book it! This 1:15 flight was not available 2 months ago either so it was a welcome sight. So no worries about an 5AM flight out without being able to have a final breakfast with my group!:cool1:
I think the airlines is the biggest issue with using ABD or any guided tgurs. These airlines just change times or cancel flights without considering the customers. I looked at a few ABD for the year and discounted many because of the few airlines being offered. JAC is one of them, especially after Labor day.

I think the airlines is the biggest issue with using ABD or any guided tgurs. These airlines just change times or cancel flights without considering the customers. I looked at a few ABD for the year and discounted many because of the few airlines being offered. JAC is one of them, especially after Labor day.

I totally agree and I do not want to sound flippant because cost wise it would probably not be cost effective but given Disney is a global company with visitors from around the world why not start your own airline!! :thumbsup2

Even if they leased a fleet of Airplanes and painted them with some "pixie dust" and had actual CM's on them people would fly them if it meant they could book their very own Disney flight with their ABD OR DCL or WDW visit without the headache of cancelled flights and changed flight times. The Magic would start the minute you step on the plane! You could fly Deluxe Moderate or Value! Just a wild whimsical thought!

I would feel WAY more confident knowing I am on a Disney Flight that has been selected to match the my itinerary.:rotfl:

I totally agree and I do not want to sound flippant because cost wise it would probably not be cost effective but given Disney is a global company with visitors from around the world why not start your own airline!! :thumbsup2

Even if they leased a fleet of Airplanes and painted them with some "pixie dust" and had actual CM's on them people would fly them if it meant they could book their very own Disney flight with their ABD OR DCL or WDW visit without the headache of cancelled flights and changed flight times. The Magic would start the minute you step on the plane! You could fly Deluxe Moderate or Value! Just a wild whimsical thought!

I would feel WAY more confident knowing I am on a Disney Flight that has been selected to match the my itinerary.:rotfl:
I'll offer one up on that great idea. Disney can buy a airport in Northwest Indiana Northwest Indiana has a commerical rated airport that is never used. This airport had several now out of business airlines, ie Hooters and several others. This airport is near Chicago which is a major hub. So all ABD travelers get to Chicago and ABD will take it from there.

I'll offer one up on that great idea. Disney can buy a airport in Northwest Indiana Northwest Indiana has a commerical rated airport that is never used. This airport had several now out of business airlines, ie Hooters and several others. This airport is near Chicago which is a major hub. So all ABD travelers get to Chicago and ABD will take it from there.
Yesterday 08:41 PM

Absolutely ! Talk about stimulating the economy! Disney could go and play lets make a deal with struggling or empty airport counters. Add jobs to the local economies etc... You get my drift! Now they just need the Airplanes and pilots with a crew to fly them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter