• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timing for booking flights

Mom B

DIS Veteran
I usually use a travel agent, but decided this time to go without
if possible. When is the best time to book flights? We will be
traveling from Duluth, MN to WDW the last week of October
2002. I've been tracking flights that started out earlier in
December at $287 and are now up to $316. With Christmas
and all, I really wasn't ready to shell out the $ this early, but
I hope I don't seriously regret that decision. What do you
think...will we be seeing some specials that would cover that
time period as time goes on, will prices fluctuate up and
down, or am I just going to get "stuck" and chalk it up to
experience for next time? Can anyone recommend a time when
things are likely to look better?

We've been using UsAir for the last 4 years going to WDW from Pa. so I've got some experience following their rates. You should have plenty of time to follow rates and lock in a good one. We're going back Nov. 2002 and UsAir rates from PHL to MCO are $160 round trip for our dates. Historically, I don't expect them to get any lower, so we'll buy as soon as we pay off Santa. Lacking historical info, I'd post your dates and prefered carrier here and ask what people have paid in the past, then you'll know when you're close to the best rate you're likely to get. Once I buy, I tend not to keep checking. I won't flog myself if the rate drops later, and it usually costs more to switch rates than you save. Have fun saving $$.

Bill From PA

Mom B, I would say wait for the spring/summer airfares from Minnesota. In my opinion $287 is too much to spend pp. Where are you looking to depart from? Minneapolis or Duluth?

If you want to leave from MSP, I recommend keep checking NWs route from Mpls 7:30 departure arrving in MCO ll:30 a.m. a direct flight. My family and my inlaws usually take this flight if possible. Sometimes it goes for about $200 pp. You can do park and ride at one of the Bloomington hotels the night before for about $80.

I would check NW site daily, and remember the entertainment card gets you an additional 5 percent discount on the base rate airfare if you fly at certain times of the week. Info is in the entertainment book.

Also, sun country is now a charter service looking to do good business to Orlando and check out MLT website.

If you book online, you save the travel agent $ per ticket or you can call NW 800 # to reserve tickets.

Hercamore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter