Tip of the Hat to Liberty Tree

Eeyore's Girl

Mouseketeer
Earlier this month some friends went to WDW. The husband has a chronic health condition which resulted in them being at the emergency room on the night of arrival in Orlando. Doctor's instructions included a liquid diet for a couple of days. The next day (first day in the parks), they visited MK and had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. The husband explained his situation to the waiter and asked if they had anything simple, such as applesauce, that he could have. The chef was alerted, came to the table, and then left to "see what he could do". Well...not only did he prepare homemade applesauce, he also prepared (basically) the full meal in liquid form and served it to my friend. Although this does not sound appetizing at all, it did meet the need. This was the family's first trip to WDW and this bit of Disney magic was a way cool experience for them.

:tongue:

Ah, I love the Liberty Tree Tavern. It's so nice to hear about this. Truely, a night this family will long remember.

Liberty Tree Tavern is one of my favourite restaurants. Nice to hear that they made a special effort with your friends.

That was such a nice thing to do.
I was undecided on wether to try LTT now I think this had made my mind up:)

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have made PS's for LTT but was wavering based on some things on the boards. But, I'm feeling much better about it now. How magical for your friends!

I love LTT, its the only place that we go out of our way to eat at twice while we are in WDW.

Last year, DH was sick (stomach virus) and he was really starting to not feel good. We stopped at LTT since we had PS's. and DH only ordered soup. The nicest CM came up to us and asked us if everything was ok with our meals, asked the kids what their favorite rides at MK were. She came back with 2 passes for each of them for us to use like a fast pass for their favorite rides. She said that they had a great dad who would come to the park for his kids when they were sick. Dh ended up going home after we left here, and when I went up to the podium to re-book CRT (we had PS's for that night and DH was too sick to go) and it was booked for Thursday, she went in the back and made a call to the restaurant and made it happen.

Gotta love the service at LTT!

Melanie

Glad to hear this as I have a lot of food allergies/issues and we are planning on dining here in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter