Tipping for solo guests

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
I'm going to WDW in December for 6 nights all by my lonesome. Can't wait.

Any solo travelers (or more) out there on how often and how much I should tip MouseKeeping?

Being only myself, I'm thinking of putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign out every other day. I don't think I will need my room kept every single day.

Also, I'm taking the dreaded Mears bus to and from MCO. How much should I tip the driver both ways? Most likely I'll only have a carry-on and one suitcase. Most souveniers will be shipped home.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I just made a solo trip 2 weeks ago. I left $2 each morning for my Mousekeeper. I don't make a big mess so I felt like that was an adequate tip.

I also used Mears this trip. I usually use Tiffany Towncar but couldn't justify the extra cost for just little ol' me. I was pleasantly surprised by the short wait at MCO and the relatively short trip to my resort. I was expecting to have to "pay" dearly with my time for the savings I got by using Mears, but it worked out very well!

I usually tip $1 per bag. If I have a particularly heavy bag I would tip $2 for that bag.

Hope this helps a little. You're going to have a great time enjoying WDW without the distractions of traveling with others! It's my favorite way to travel. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter