Tipping

I just posted this in another forum and people seemed to agree, so here's what appears to be some general rules:

Disney employees -- You are not supposed to tip them. That said, if you try tipping them, some will accept a gratuity and others will refuse. A lot of couples seem to plan on sending a gift card or basket to their wedding planner and/or other DFTW staff after the wedding.

Photographer/videographer -- If you use Disney, you aren't supposed to tip them. If you use someone who owns their own business, you aren't supposed to tip them. You would tip someone who works for a business they don't own, as well as any assistants.

Officiant -- Generally, don't tip if they charge a fee for the service. If they don't charge a fee, a donation is made to their church/organization.

Cosmetology Services - Tip, tip, tip!!!

Transportation -- This is tricky, because some transport is owned and operated by Disney, so there are Disney employees working. Other services (and I think most of the regular limos fall in this category) are contracted out to Mears or other people, so those drivers get a tip.

Musicians -- My understanding is that none of the musicians included with any wedding packages or added on to any wedding packages are Disney employees. As contractors, they can accept gratuities. I would imagine that this applies to the charicature artists and other entertainment Disney offers for receptions as well.

I think this covers most of the people who may be involved in a Disney wedding. It's certainly open to interpretation - I'm definitely not the authority on this. Hope it helps a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter