Tips about Tips!

Tig-girl

<font color=990099>WL VET <br><font color=blue>If
I was wondering, how much is the average mousekeeping tip that everyone out there leaves? I don't want to be stingy! But I also don't want to be stupid!
Thanks.:crazy:

I think that most people recommend $1/person/day. We just travel with 2 people, and I usually leave $3 if I have enough ones. For some reason $2 just looks like too little money.

I print out the mousekeeping envelopes and write the days on them. I then put money in before our trip. That way I don't feel like we are using our spending money on vacation for tips.

I found the mousekeeping envelopes from someone on this site, and I save them and use them over and over again.

:D

$1/per person/per day seems to be "average" around here. However, tipping is optional, Mousekeeping is not considered to be a "tipped" position.

If you choose to tip, it is best to do so each day, not one lump at the end, because the mousekeepers change from day to day (and have days off just like everyone else).

at dvc property mousekeeping come once in a weeks stay unless requested so that would make tipping easier. or would it ?

We leave 1.00 per person daily. I don't bother with envelopes. I just leave it on the bathroom vanity.

I agree with the tipping each day philosophy. Say you are staying 5 nights and have a wonderful housekeeper who does a fantastic job, makes towel art, arranges the plush, etc. As you leave on your departure day, you leave her a crisp $20 bill. But, today is the first of her two days off and another housekeeper who has not cared for your room at all walks in to find this wonderful surprise. Great for her, too bad for the nice woman before her. That's why I try to remember to do little tips each day.

We were 3 adults and 1 child and left 5.00 per day. I don't think we're particularly messy people but it was what I felt was right. We too printed out envelopes and pre-stuffed them with the money each day. That way you aren't worrying about having small bills to leave and the pictures are fun. We let our niece pick out what envelope to leave each day.

We always leave $5 each day and we are 2 adults and 2 kids. ;)

* Verºoº *

Can someone please send me the link to where these envelopes are at? I think thats a pretty good idea, to pre-tip before you leave home. That way it feels less like using vacation money and more like "paying-for-the-vacation" money.

We did the Mousekeeping envelopes on our last trip. I prepared them before we left. It was much easier and convenient (didn't have to go scrapping for ones). We left $5.00 per day for 4 of us. I agree with gcurling completely, especially since if you tip at the end of your stay, you may be giving your mousekeeper's tip to a new person who didn't "earn" it.

Sheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter