• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for Dining on 2-Night Wonder Halloween cruise to Ensenada

GoldeneyezCA

Mouseketeer
Hello all, our first Disney Cruise will be Oct 18-20, and I’d appreciate some tips on dining, please. Our highest priority is Tiana’s, since she’s one of our favorite princesses, and it’s something we can experience as a family.

I requested Tiana’s for the first night since we are booked for Palo the second night, but I’m unsure how Pirate night will affect our experience at Tiana’s. I’m also trying to understand how a 6 pm Palo may affect our ability to see the show or participate in Halloween activities on the second night. (We’ve seen Frozen on Broadway and at DCA, but my kids will want to see it anyway.) Should I try for Tiana’s the second night and do Palo for the last morning brunch instead?

Do they even offer Palo brunch on a 2-night?

We have not had the pirate menu on the weekend cruises in the past- so you should have Tianas standard menu while there. Since it is your first cruise, I might skip Palo dinner as the MDRs will be new to you and are really quite wonderful.

I believe you can only request your dining room the first night - at least that's what I have been told in the past. As posted above, you won't have the pirate menu to worry about, so requesting Tiana's for your first night is a fine idea. Personally i think the 2-nights are too short for a Palo brunch, especially for your first time on DCL. I love Palo brunch, but those 2-night cruises go quickly and lots of activities included on the schedule! No matter what, you will have a great time!

Palo Brunch is not offered on disembarkation morning of the longer cruises, so I doubt it will be available on the last morning of the 2-day.

Thank you for your feedback! We’ll hope for Tiana’s on the first night (our choice) and stick with Palo dinner on the 2nd night, as per the preference of the friends were are traveling with. And yes, as I mentioned above (twice, LOL!), Palo brunch is a booking option on the app for the disembarkation day.

Having sailed most of the 2 night cruises out of Los Angeles and San Diego, Palo Brunch is offered on the Ensenada Day. (I miss the old cruises to nowhere and the sea day)

The Tiana show is great, and my now favorite of the 3 Wonder dining rooms. If Palo dinner is important to you or your friends, your stated plan is a most excellent one.

On the two night cruises the breakfast on the last day is in the 3rd restaurant, and they will do a much abbreviated animators show and I assume Tiana's does one too, just on a much faster pace.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I stand corrected, after finally being able to check the app when it wasn’t glitching, and no, Palo is not available on the final day.

We’ll see how things work out. Eighteen days away now, and very excited!

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I stand corrected, after finally being able to check the app when it wasn’t glitching, and no, Palo is not available on the final day.

We’ll see how things work out. Eighteen days away now, and very excited!
We did the 2 night, and had Tiana’s the first night. It was their normal show and menu - not pirate. Seems like the pirate show was late, and my kids were so tired I only got a picture of them scowling at me. The one thing about the 2 night was that it was just too short. We went to do an OBB for a future trip and get the discount.

That’s our plan, as well. This is just a sample cruise for us because we’re going with friends, and it’s easy to get to San Diego. I hope to get to the Caribbean or Bahamas next time with the OBB!

I've done one two day cruise followed by a seven day cruise (B2B) on DCL and to be honest that two-day cruise was crazy. It seemed like everyone was trying to get everything done in those two days and from my perspective it seemed like many didn't care about the rules or common courtesy. A few things that stood out where a mom who arrived after the line was closed for one of the character photo shoots in the lobby and she was rude to the cast member. I also remember that it seemed like there was a greater number of seat savings in the pool area and main theatre. I did my best to stay out of peoples way since I was staying on the ship for the next cruise which was more relaxing.

I really think the adults who had costumes were having the most fun on the Halloween cruise. That would be my suggestion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter